Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mlhutz625 and Carrie360, agreed let's keep in touch. I am new to this forum and like what I see. Knowing we have bands near the same time is helpful. And reading other successful people on here is so exciting. I am in Tampa, good luck with your pre op diet and upcoming surgery. Can't wait to hear more

Congratulations! Yes- lets keep in touch. It is nice to come on here and read the support.. especially when you are trying to stick to a diet and there are so many holiday left overs!!! It is all worth it thou!!

Congrats January bandsters! I'm scheduled for 30 January. Next meeting with surgeon is 7 January. Ready to get this lifestyle change in motion! Thanking God for my approval.

Congratulations!! I understand that feeling with the approval, after six months I was crying! Keep in touch!!

My surgery date is jan 24th with dr. Geiss and pre surgical date is jan 8th I'm super excited.! Right now I'm making sure I have everything I need and cutting out sodas and junk. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations and good for you!!

Its so great to have support. Some people dont believe weight is a real struggle. My two week diet is all liquid....i am really anxious to get started.

Kerri360 - you will be fine I know it! Just think it is only two weeks, it will fly by and then your new life begins!!! It will all be worth it .. well if you need support you know where to come!

Thank you! I cant wait to begin the process. Just thinking abour my new life motivates me. I have two beautiful children I need to be here for. I losty parents at a young age and dont want to repeat history.

Hi! I'm January 9th, and I am SO excited. I started my 2-week liquid diet on the 26th, so this is the end of day three. It's been really hard. My doctor used to require only Optifast (6 a day for 14 days), but they're transitioning to something else, so no one knows what I should be doing. I've just decided to limit my calories under 1000 a day and have a least 80-100 grams of Protein (which is what the nutritionist recommended), and try different Protein shakes. But I haven't figured out my correct ratio of calories to Protein, so today I had too much protein and too few calories.

Today was really hard, though. The first two days I felt kind of sick (dizzy, tired, faintly sick to my stomach), but today I have been hungry. I nearly broke and ate some sandwich, but luckily my sister called at that very moment and kept me from sabatoging myself. This is really hard, but I keep thinking about how this is only the first few days of a very, very long journey. It's kind of scary!

Good luck to everyone going through this journey!

Hi! I'm January 9th' date=' and I am SO excited. I started my 2-week liquid diet on the 26th, so this is the end of day three. It's been really hard. My doctor used to require only Optifast (6 a day for 14 days), but they're transitioning to something else, so no one knows what I should be doing. I've just decided to limit my calories under 1000 a day and have a least 80-100 grams of Protein (which is what the nutritionist recommended), and try different Protein shakes. But I haven't figured out my correct ratio of calories to protein, so today I had too much protein and too few calories.

Today was really hard, though. The first two days I felt kind of sick (dizzy, tired, faintly sick to my stomach), but today I have been hungry. I nearly broke and ate some sandwich, but luckily my sister called at that very moment and kept me from sabatoging myself. This is really hard, but I keep thinking about how this is only the first few days of a very, very long journey. It's kind of scary!

Good luck to everyone going through this journey![/quote']

With my doctor I had to meet with a nutritionist which was nice because they gave a pre and post diet that was realistic. Starting off I can still eat food but use shakes as Meal Replacements as well. I'm on a 1200 calorie pre-op diet. I hope that you find the balance you need and stay strong it's worth it.

Yay! January 11th for me. Best wishes to you!!

Jan 9 for me. I start my pre-op diet on Dec. 31. Good luck to everyone!