Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plan to drop 100+ lbs

Well I was banded 11/30/12, I am not expecting next day results, I want to do right, slow but quick. I don't know how to set up short term goals? Monthly? Weekly? Ideas please

Congratulations!!

I got dec 4. I started at 282 and today weigh 257, I am extremely pleased so far.

For ME I am setting the following goals.

1st goal: 50 pounds (232)

2nd goal: 33 pounds (199)

3rd goal: 25 pounds (174)

4th goal: 25 pounds give or take (147-155 ish)

;)

Good Luck!!

The way I see it if you set an unrealistic goal and don't meet it by the time you want to it can lead to disappointment. I have/ had so much to loose that the bigger picture made me fearful of never getting there so personally I have chosen to tackle ten pounds at a time. If it takes me two weeks, one month or even two months that's all I'm focused on. Once that ten pounds is out the way then I focus on the next ten.

When I was first banded I had set myself a goal of five kilos per month (just over ten pounds per month), it wasn't an unreasonable goal considering what I had to loose. But when I made that goal I didn't factor in plateaus, and believe me you will hit those from time to time. So when I didn't meet my own challenges I beat myself up till I sat down and decided to change my way of thinking.

I think it's best to take each day at a time and whatever weight loss comes with it and be grateful it's a loss, all the losses add up nicely in the end.

I started with well over 200 pounds to lose, so setting short term realistic goals was really important to me. If I focused too much on the big picture, it was simply too overwhelming.

I tend to set monthly goals. Or, milestone goals. For instance, I wanted to be down 100 pounds by my birthday back in June. I wanted to be under 250 pounds by this Christmas. (last Christmas I was over 420 pounds)

For me, it keeps me motivated and works.

I first I did 5 lb goal and cheered at 10 then at 20 then as I got the hang of it and got my 3 rd fill and now never feel hungry I cheer when the scale has moved down wards. My heart is set at under 200 just 10 lbs to go but I KNOW now I can do it this band helps, and it was the answer for me....get you fills as soon as u can just over half full seems to work for most of us the goal is not hungry for 4-5 hours...I am so excited about how this bsnd works...

Because my number was insurmountable to wrap my head around I actually put it on a spread sheet....I had the loss averaged at 2 lbs each week and another column which was monthly ten pound goals which coincided with my dr appointments,

Religiously I entered my number one a week then again at my dr appointments... It gave me a realistic idea of when I could expect to be at certain weights. I am 6 months ahead of schedule and 7 lbs from my drs original goal for me,

I am so glad I found this app!!! Each and everyone one of you made great points, love being able to go to someone who knows... Well like I said banded 11/30/12.. Upset that haven't seen results.. 3 weeks in and only down 2 lbs, eating like diet says, drinking Water and Protein Shakes, (hungry a lot but I hold out) ready to get back in gym and really help this tool make changes I need

Well I was banded 11/30/12, I am not expecting next day results, I want to do right, slow but quick. I don't know how to set up short term goals? Monthly? Weekly? Ideas please

if i looked at the grand picture, it seems forever off and dangum near impossible,,so i dont think about that.

i set myself up at little goals,,,,,,from being in the 300's. i wanted to get into the 290s (actually 299)..then to 280s etc....

also consider setting yourself some non-scale goals e.g. being able to walk a certain distance in a certain time by x date.

Reward yourself when you achieve goals - NON-FOOD rewards!

Some of my goals were to look awesome at my son's wedding, to do the Great Victorian Bike Ride, to wear a size 14 top. So far I have achieved all of them, although I didn't get to complete the ride due to a crash on day.

along the way I have rewarded myself with a new watch, lotto tickets, dress (for my son's wedding) and most recently, a new bicycle.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.