Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Be Or Not To Be?

Hey everyone I am new here and not sure what I am really looking for. I have been big all my life I am 26 years old and around 420 pounds. I have never been small and wouldnt even be able to begin to imagine how it feels. I guess I am here because I am looking for guidance I want the weight off not only for me but I have recently had a daughter and I am quickly learning my current physical condition is not only affecting my life but also my daughters. I want to be here for her as long as possible and that is not going to be that much longer with my current situation any info you guys can give me and I guess how you rate the experience would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

Well. there are a lot of happy bandsters on here. My recommendations would be to browse the site a bit and read in the pre-surgery sections. Or buy a book. I am very happy with my decision, but I warn you, this is not a diet! It is a life style change.

Welcome to the forum! Well what I can tell you is everyone here has been where you are, killing ourselves with weight and wanting to become healthier. You've come to the right place for knowledge, inspiration & support.

Great group of ppl here. Have you gone to a LB seminar yet? How about insurance?

I've been stalking these boards for over 8mths now and was only recently banded , Oct.15. I really believe this will work, if we work with the band. The band is a tool, not a magic potion. It will help you, but you have to help it and you do that by following your Drs. orders, and learn all you can before having the surgery.

Post often so we can get to know you. Everyone will be happy to help you with your questions.

Best wishes on your journey to new health!

For me this was not cutting or altering my digestive system and could be reversed. If you continue to follow this forum, you will learn this is a tool and for me has been a lot of work! The weight does not just magically come off, you really have to follow the rules. ( I am getting close to the green zone)

If you want something badly you can put your mind to it and you can succeed!

Best of luck to you in your journey!

Hey everyone I am new here and not sure what I am really looking for. I have been big all my life I am 26 years old and around 420 pounds. I have never been small and wouldnt even be able to begin to imagine how it feels. I guess I am here because I am looking for guidance I want the weight off not only for me but I have recently had a daughter and I am quickly learning my current physical condition is not only affecting my life but also my daughters. I want to be here for her as long as possible and that is not going to be that much longer with my current situation any info you guys can give me and I guess how you rate the experience would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

You sound like a sensible young woman. I applaud you for taking matter into your own hands at this stage of your life.

I was 377 lbs and if you would have told me I was going to be buying sized 8 jeans today I would have told you your mind wasnt right. I NEVER imagined when I started this journey I would ever get this small. My hips were 77" wide. Today they are 37"!!

My experience with the band has been wonderful. But I worked hard to learn how to become one with it. I followed all the rules, I didnt cheat, I saw my dr regularly and dedicated my life to being successful.

I thought about this decision for two years and now after being banded for just a month, I wish I would have done this 2 years ago.

I think it's a good idea to review all the negatives along with the band as well. I feel for you and what you may be going thru with having a daughter. We are the same age but I have no children. I haven't been banded yet but pending if I have a hiatal hernia (aka insurance pays for half) is pending on if I choose to get the surgery now. This is a huge life altering decision that you have to be prepared and commited to. I suggest to do your research on this forum but also YouTube and other websites. Maybe ask friends who have had the surgery as well. Also most places will offer a free consultation as well to just get more information.

But this is my opinion from someone who hasn't been banded but had basically made the decision to get banded... Just gotta figure out finances. :) good luck to you!!

Hi.

My name is Aly and I am 55 years old and weigh 290 #. At 42 Iand 130 #, I got pregnant with twins and have been 290-300 ever since. I am due to have surgery in Tampa, Fl on 12/14. I am excited and I am doing this not only for my kids but for myself. I am tired of being the fattest person everywhere I go! I want quality of life and to be free from high blood pressure, back pain and many other ailments. I am looking forward to being a size 8 again!

Hi.

My name is Aly and I am 55 years old and weigh 290 #. At 42 Iand 130 #, I got pregnant with twins and have been 290-300 ever since. I am due to have surgery in Tampa, Fl on 12/14. I am excited and I am doing this not only for my kids but for myself. I am tired of being the fattest person everywhere I go! I want quality of life and to be free from high blood pressure, back pain and many other ailments. I am looking forward to being a size 8 again!

Welcome to the forum! I haven't been banded yet (12/12/12 is my date), but I will say that you've come to the right place. There are so many well-informed, experienced bandsters here. I have 4 kids & need to be fit to keep up with them - and be there for their graduations, weddings, future grandkids! Good luck & I can't wait to hear about your success.

Hi.

My name is Aly and I am 55 years old and weigh 290 #. At 42 Iand 130 #' date=' I got pregnant with twins and have been 290-300 ever since. I am due to have surgery in Tampa, Fl on 12/14. I am excited and I am doing this not only for my kids but for myself. I am tired of being the fattest person everywhere I go! I want quality of life and to be free from high blood pressure, back pain and many other ailments. I am looking forward to being a size 8 again![/quote']

Where in Tampa? I am haveing surgery on 1/16 in tampa :)

Memorial Hospital w/Dr. Grossbard from Florida Surgical Weightloss. My preops are this Friday!

Do you like him? I am thinking of changing to him because where I am there is a $1000 charge not covers by insurance.

You know, he told me that my band is covered by Medicare 100 % and he knows I can't afford to pay $$$.