Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know that we are all different and have different concerns. I was also banded on 10/24. I had my first post surgery appointment with my doctor on Monday, 11/12. He told me that I could start solid food now, as long as I don't eat more than the size of my fist at each meal. I find that the more time that goes by, the hungrier I have become. I guess I am healing well. The first week or so, I had trouble drinking liquids, I always felt full. I receive my first fill next week, so we will see if that makes my hunger subside. Hang in there!

I know that we are all different and have different concerns. I was also banded on 10/24. I had my first post surgery appointment with my doctor on Monday' date=' 11/12. He told me that I could start solid food now, as long as I don't eat more than the size of my fist at each meal. I find that the more time that goes by, the hungrier I have become. I guess I am healing well. The first week or so, I had trouble drinking liquids, I always felt full. I receive my first fill next week, so we will see if that makes my hunger subside. Hang in there![/quote']

Oh yes, this is the worse part of it. After your first fill you may feel a little less hungry. I did at least. But it does differ from person to person. I was banded 10/5 filled 11/5. It helped but I'm not in the green zone yet. I just try to keep myself busy with life to distract myself from my growling stomach.

I also keep ff/sf Jello in the fridge and hot tea handy for the few times my stomach woke me up in the night from being hungry!

I live on hot tea now (herbal)

Keep us posted!

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

Hello Its been 1 year 5 month I lost 88 pounds so far...... its very hard not to think of food because its an addiction.... what help me was walking and exercise every time I felt I was hungry and I wanted to eat I will go walking once i was able to do full exercises I will go to the gym.... Now I'm on a Plato since my last fill 3 month ago...... have been stressed and haven't lost nothing. And I have been getting the hunger feeling again. It's frustrating but once you see the changes you keep going on stronger. This are my results so far....

post-206224-13813134544048_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]25238[/ATTACH]

Carolyn

post-345962-13813140641473_thumb.jpg

Thanks Minime and Carolyn, this helps a lot. I woke up this morning with serious hunger pangs, so much so that i was almost nauseous. It is so good to hear from both of you....I will keep going. Carolyn, you look awesome, I love to see pictures.

Thanks Taijos..... This Journey is really hard the band will not do the work by it self lots of sacrifices need to be made .... but at the end results are amazing.. Now that you took the most important step of helping your self don't ever give up... . There will be obstacles that you will face but we are here for support. .... the first step is done now you need to work on your mind...... every time you think you are hungry change your thought and do something else...... exercise, read a book, dance, clean organize......

Carolyn

Hello Its been 1 year 5 month I lost 88 pounds so far...... its very hard not to think of food because its an addiction.... what help me was walking and exercise every time I felt I was hungry and I wanted to eat I will go walking once i was able to do full exercises I will go to the gym.... Now I'm on a Plato since my last fill 3 month ago...... have been stressed and haven't lost nothing. And I have been getting the hunger feeling again. It's frustrating but once you see the changes you keep going on stronger. This are my results so far....

Carolyn

I just wanted to let you know I am scheduled for my surgery and I see your picture and you look beautiful. Don't let your plateau slow you down. You have come a long way and you will overcome your stress. I know, easy for me to say because I don't know what you are dealing with. But just think how much harder it was to deal with stuff thrown at you when you were heavier. You didn't have the energy handle stress and you probably lacked a lot of the self confidence (that you now have) to get you through. I wish you luck and please keep us posted because with a loss of 88 pounds so far, I KNOW you can pull through.

Carolyn, u look great!

Keep up the great work!....as for me the tea didn't work till I put some lemon on it.....the first time I made tea n drank it, I was still hungry....n I ate :-( n as one of u guys said this is a addiction a horrible one, I try again the next day tea with lemon n it work...:-)..... am jst a lil nervous since thanksgiving is coming up...not jst on the food....but the relatives comments...such as u still look the same since its only been a month n I only lost 12 pounds....I jst wish they knew how hrd it is....!

Sabz nobody will never understand..... All you need is for you to understand and just taking this big step is an understanding...... 12 pounds in 4 weeks is a lot the average weight loss is 1 to 3 pound a week and you lost 4 pounds a week... you are not sacrificing yourself. For the world or your family you are doing it for yourself. You will learn a lot on this journey first is to block the people that are not supportive. I did.... Unfortunately I lost friends and family but is their lost not mine I'm happy my daughters and my husband are happy and they are very supportive.

Carolyn

I'd decided to follow my doctor advice n I join ballys this week.! I really want to see some results

Hi all I M one week post up and currently on liquids and I feel that I am getting a starving feeling. I am not sure if that's normal I am following my diet this is what my day looks like so far

730am-4oz of farina

8-10am-I was sipping Water

10am-4oz of primier shake

1030-1230-water ice chips

12:30pm I will have 4oz of Tomato Soup

Seems not enough and I am starving or is it gas

I don't regret any decision in my life because at the end I will make it work

Hi all I M one week post up and currently on liquids and I feel that I am getting a starving feeling. I am not sure if that's normal I am following my diet this is what my day looks like so far

730am-4oz of farina

Oh yes banster hell. It will pass. Yes you are gonna be hungry. Keep yourself busy! Sip on whatever your dr recommends/allows all day long. It will pass in no time!

730am-4oz of farina

Hey welcome ....so ur not starving that feeling is because obviously ur not used to the liquid diet....try tea and add lemon ...let me know if it helps it helped me..I also drink the tea at night ...I know its hard..but just think on the future outcome! !

Oh yes banster hell. It will pass. Yes you are gonna be hungry. Keep yourself busy! Sip on whatever your dr recommends/allows all day long. It will pass in no time!

Minimi thanks for the tea advice

Minimi thanks for the tea advice

Any time! Glad we are going into cold weather because it is so comforting and it hits the spot!