Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone smack me!!! Really!

I dont know what I am thinking. This is yesterday.

Breakfast...Jack in the box #17, didnt eat the Buns but had the 2 big sausage patties, fried egg, and half the hash brown. Okay 3/4 of it.

lunch...veggie Soup, feeling guilty....but ate 2 hushpuppies of my friends plate. and 4 crackers.

snack 1...(1:00)German chocolate cake in lounge for March birthdays, ate one piece. I actually had TWO pieces on my plate but divine providence/fate had me drop the other one. I had no idea I could even eat cake. Havent tried it in the entire 5 months.

snack 2.... (1:30)small handful of jelly belly jellybeans a student gave me...maybe 15-20

snack 3....(2:00)130 calorie pack of animal crackers

supper....3 shrimp, couple of bites of fish, 3 bites greenbeans, was full

snack 4....2 sugarfree mini reeses Peanut Butter cups, 1 sugarfree mint patty

I never eat like this. I am totally at my sweet spot and can normally only get a Protein Drink down for Breakfast. WTF with the JackInTheBox? I RARELY snack, and I dont have much of a sweet tooth...what is up with the sweets?!?!? I never eat sweets or bread because of my blood sugar. (Bread is impossible for me anyway.)I swear I woke up hungry and passed Jack in the Box and thought "what the hell, I am HUNGRY". I really think the cake put me on a downward spiral...but it might have been the crapcarbs starting from the hashbrowns. The cake, crackers, (or something) reacted with my Metformin and sent me straight to the bathroom with what must be close to the RNY dumping syndrome, a first for me but in a way a good thing, lol!

Is this psychological since I since reached my first goal (under 200)? Was this just physical, the crapfood causing cravings? Was it both? Has anyone else just lost it this bad before? It doesnt really matter, I need some tough love here to get back on track. The day before wasnt much better.....

First, write down what a typical all-out binge day would have been for you pre-band. I'll bet you'll be shocked at how much less you ate yesterday. I'm not saying it was a healthy day, but at least the band kept you in check. Now - *smack!* - because you asked for it. Get back on track! Just think of how mad you're going to be if you get on that scale and it's over 200 lbs again.

I've definitely had a few days like this too... I swear, sometimes I temporarily forget that I even have a band, or I throw myself a misguided pity party and want to be able to eat like "normal" people. I usually snap out of it quickly and realize how lucky I am. Don't worry - small setbacks are par for the course but you're doing great!

Yes....You are normal. It happens to me ALL the time. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and I have had it bad for candy lately, especially chocolate! But don't beat yourself up about it. I know that when I hit under 200 lbs the last thing I wanted was to be there again. But I bounced back and forth between 197 and 200 for a bit and it finally got further away from the 200 mark. Just be careful of what you eat and don't feel bad about the Jack in the Box either...I do the same thing...both sausage patties and egg minus the hash brown and bun!! And I do it often. You can't deprive yourself of some stuff...you are only human. You had an off day and you have to get back on your feet and think next time that piece of cake is there and have a piece big enough for maybe 2 bites....the soup....geez! I live off of soup! That is my main food that I have almost everyday. Never feel guilty when you eat soup...especially veggie! At least it wasn't fattening like chowder! What you had to eat yesterday really wasn't all that bad...I have seen worse and probably done worse. But the fact of the matter is, is that you realize what you did, you are kicking yourself for doing it and you know that you probably won't do it again because of the guilt you feel from it. Today is a new day and tomorrow is even better! Just start fresh and you will be fine. But if it keeps on happening and you are still eating like that you might consider getting a fill, even if it is a small one just to take the edge off.

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, OMG, I didn't know I could get so much junk down in one day.

Consider yourself smacked and have a better day today, LOL, but take warning, if it happens again anytime soon, we kick your a$$.

Thanks so much for the gentle smacking. Yall arent very harsh with the tough love though, lol. I could in no way handle a fill right now. I am truly at my sweet spot....was almost too tight for about 2 weeks before it settled. I guess I did a "self A$$ kicking" and am over it. I think I freaked because that is the first day I have felt out of control. Lesson learned.

I just had a Protein drink and am resolved to be a good little bandster again. I love you guys, thanks for the support and for giving me a place to vent.

Great thread! :) You had me cracking up with the crapfood. :eek:

Glad to see that you got yourself back on the straight & narrow! :eek: And congrats on breaking that evil 200 barrier! :( Keep it up!

Linna I asked someone to smack me last week when i ate 3 hamburgers fries and tots:noidea: no idea why....but you know what i got was a group hugg.... :fencing:keep up the fight.

I think we have all ben there. Photnut won the Million dollar prize when she answered the question. WHY? and i might add she was 100% correct with her answer. but you will have to ask her for her answer...lol

i dont want to quote it wrong....lol so ahyway here is a hug, and continue on tomarrow is a new day.......:eek:

I think we all have weaknesses. Probably that one day will be a reminder for a long time of what not to do. Hey, it was one day, and you ate all the crap-food you've been wanting, so don't beat yourself up over it. If you have a desire for something I really think you should have some of it instead of craving it. You probably sabotaged yourself with the first stop at Jack In The Box, and figured the rest of the day was shot. Like I said, it's only one day, and the chances of you doing it again are slim to none. Today is a new day. Back to the bandster rules. Please be kind enough to remind me of that after I am banded and craving Reese's Peanut Butter cups, because I know it is my one big weakness. If it has Peanut Butter and chocolate in it I'm a goner. I'm also going to Tennessee for my surgery to be with family that "loves to eat" and OMG southern food is just soooooooooooo good. They drink loads of sweet tea (which I find out is really what we call iced tea), but I can put splenda in mine and some lemon (can't stand it without lemon) and be happy. Strange thing, but no matter what they eat for dinner macaroni and cheese is always a part of the meal even if there are mashed potatoes..... I'm going to be tempted at every turn I think. My daughter has a list of all the things she misses from her Idaho upbringing that she wants me to cook...that one will be tough I'm sure....especially after banding, but they both work, so that's the least I can do. Wish me luck, because I'm up against a big challenge, but dying to see my kids, so anything is worth it.

Hoping for surgery in May, but not seeing the surgeon until the end of April. All paperwork is in order, so hopefully won't be too long getting around to it. Heck, I've waited a yr. and I guess a mo. or so more won't hurt me.

I think we all have "one of those days" once in a while. The key is that you must get back up on the horse. Start new, make better decisions from here on. We all slip, we all fall. None of us are perfect.

BTW, I think you had the "close to RNY dumping" from the SF candy, not necessarily a reaction with your metformin. Those SF candies have a type of sugar that does that. One too many of them and I wouldn't get too far from a bathroom........

I had a week like that just this past week. I couldn't get enough chocalate that's all I wanted. And then went out last night and got drunk which I haven't drank in almost 2 years. But I chalked it up to having a bad week and I'll get over it. Then I weight myself this morning and low and behold I lost another five pounds so I got over the bad week and know it won't happen again none too soon. I go for a fill 4/5 so I will go back to not eating so much and will be back on track.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!!! SOMEBODY STOP HER! SHE'S EATING LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!!!!!

Okay, just how big were these sausage patties, the size of a hubcap, or were they smaller than the size of your palm? (that's is one serving size for protien.)

I have no idea what a hushpuppy is, but I'm going to take a wild guess here, they are not made out of puppies, right? How big are they? if you stole 2 from your friend's plate, I'm gonna guess that there are several in a serving, yes? I have no clue, but oh my gawd!!!!! 4 crackers! A full serving of saltine crackers is FIVE crackers, not 4, and 5 crackers have 70 calories.

Woot! you had one piece of cake! I'd say that was a definate NSV. You had one piece of cake, not an entire cake.

You know, I would be surprised if you went over 1500 calories but I don't know the stats handy for the hushpuppies or the Breakfast.

breakfast...Jack in the box #17, didnt eat the Buns but had the 2 big sausage patties, fried egg, and half the hash brown. Okay 3/4 of it.

lunch...veggie Soup, feeling guilty....but ate 2 hushpuppies of my friends plate. and 4 crackers.

snack 1...(1:00)German chocolate cake I had no idea I could even eat cake. Havent tried it in the entire 5 months.

snack 2.... (1:30)small handful of jelly belly jellybeans

snack 3....(2:00)130 calorie pack of animal crackers

supper....3 shrimp, couple of bites of fish, 3 bites greenbeans, was full

snack 4....2 sugarfree mini reeses Peanut Butter cups, 1 sugarfree mint patty

Jack in the Box was high Protein, think Atkins except for the hash brown. It doesn't count because it was tan.;)

Guilty Soup is good for you. Again crackers and hush puppies are tan and don't count.:)

Cake....you really can't eat it.....that was a figment of your imagination. Dag it you just reminded me I had a piece of free sample cake at :kiss Safeway..

Jelly Beans I had some yesterday and for Breakfast today....fat free and you only had about 1 serving 150 calories.:bored

Animal crackers tan.......you know :bored

Supper and snack 4 were fine.....NEXT:hungry:

Oh yeah the tan stuff.....CUT IT OUT!!!!;)