Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting nervous. My surgery is scheduled for the 29th & I'm reading how some people are losing 100's of pounds while some are struggling to lose 20! I need to lose 150lbs and I'm starting to wonder if I can do it

I cannot speak for anyone else. I can just tell you that in my opinion in order to be successfull you must control your eating.... even though this isnt a "diet"... if you want to lose weight before you reach the green zone and even after in my opinion.... you need to track your food and count calories. I am not saying other ways dont work...just telling you what worked for me. :)

I limited myself to 1000 calories per day...every day no exceptions. I have lost 210 lbs to date. I am 7 or 17 lbs from goal depending on where I decide to stop. It has been less than 2 years

all the best!

I cannot speak for anyone else. I can just tell you that in my opinion in order to be successfull you must control your eating.... even though this isnt a "diet"... if you want to lose weight before you reach the green zone and even after in my opinion.... you need to track your food and count calories. I am not saying other ways dont work...just telling you what worked for me. :)

I limited myself to 1000 calories per day...every day no exceptions. I have lost 210 lbs to date. I am 7 or 17 lbs from goal depending on where I decide to stop. It has been less than 2 years

all the best!

Wow way to go!!! Congrats!! You are an inspiration!!

yes you CAN. We are all here to help you, stay on this site and keep posting your concerns. Even if I do not post I get so much from reading the wonderful answers from the people on here, it is kind of like a drug for me. Good luck to you and lots of hugs.

Wow way to go!!! Congrats!! You are an inspiration!!

thanks

I am excited to have lsot the weight obviously...but am more excited now for the band to do its job and not let me gain it all back. But I just cannot overeat and i am making healthy choices now so I am not really worried about it.

You most certainly can do it! Anyone can! The difference between those who succeed and those who fail are the choices they make.

You do have to change your eating habits to healthy ones to be successful. Not a diet, because diets are temporary, but a complete food habit change for a lifetime. This is where a nutritionist is extremely useful. I know mine helped me tremendously.

You also will have to understand the band as a tool, not a magic fix, and understand what is (and isn't) supposed to do. The band is supposed to satiate your hunger on less food for longer periods of time. It's not supposed to physically stop you from eating anything. On that same note, it will also be up to you to control your portion sizes.

Just like everything else in life, it's about choices. You have the choice to succeed.

I am just a newbie and I am 5 weeks out. I am quickly realizing that the band does not work instantly, and regardless how much I prepared myself and how many people on here told me, I have to say I am a smidgen disappointed that I have not lost a single ounce since 1 week post op. I know right now I can eat anything, I am hungry and really working hard to control everything that goes in and the exercise. (I think they call it bandster hell) Common sense tells me that I am 290lbs and eating 900-1200 calories a day and walking, and I should be losting, but I am not, need to figure this out............I am frustrated that I may not have restriction for weeks or months and I suppose I just hoped that it would kick in right away (regardless what I have been told). I have my first fill next week and will continue to work hard until I have restriction, be it one week or 1 year.

I know we can all do it, just need to find my patience and hope this thing works for me sooner rather than later.

I was "banded" on July 30th and I have been losing since then, but not as quickly as I was before the surgery on the Medifast. I am still getting used to what foods I can eat and how much. I have had 3 fills and am finally in my Green Zone, but I know that I am not always making good food choices and that's why I am not losing as quickly. I was having trouble "balancing" my meals at the start because I couldn't eat raw vegetables, but now that I know I can tolerate salad, I think I will do better. It's true that the idea that you are eating so much less makes you think you should be losing faster, but your food choices really make or break your success. I know that is what I struggle with at least.

I am just a newbie and I am 5 weeks out. I am quickly realizing that the band does not work instantly, and regardless how much I prepared myself and how many people on here told me, I have to say I am a smidgen disappointed that I have not lost a single ounce since 1 week post op. I know right now I can eat anything, I am hungry and really working hard to control everything that goes in and the exercise. (I think they call it bandster hell) Common sense tells me that I am 290lbs and eating 900-1200 calories a day and walking, and I should be losting, but I am not, need to figure this out............I am frustrated that I may not have restriction for weeks or months and I suppose I just hoped that it would kick in right away (regardless what I have been told). I have my first fill next week and will continue to work hard until I have restriction, be it one week or 1 year.

I know we can all do it, just need to find my patience and hope this thing works for me sooner rather than later.

I say it will and can work for anyone.... as long as you work it.

Learn how it works and follow the rules, you'll lose. (my opinion)

You have to understand that the band is a tool to assist you in life changes.

The band does not stop the fork from leaving the table...my husband's favorite saying.

I think it is important to never take the band for granted....sometimes I look at the

scale or the mirror and think how good and how easy a ice cream would be, and it

probably would not hurt me...Stinky Thinking. You really do have to retrain your brain.

Is it easy; for some people it is, it has been constant

work for me, but well worth it.

THEY say this is a journey....hold on...it can be a bumpy road........Good Luck

OMG FLHgal!!! Ice Cream is STILL my downfall! I try to buy lce cream bars or pre measured cups so that the size is limited, but sometimes that doesn't even help.

ahhhh yes... ice cream. I have a theory, if it's 100 calories or less.... its a good snack. There are lots of 100 cal ice cream treats, I think weight watchers are the best. LOVE their dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bar and love their mint chocolate chip ice cream cup. Also their Cookies and cream ice cream bar - that might be 140 cal. (can't remember) Anyway... I love ice cream. Have not bought any regular icecream since my surgery... now I eat the ones mentioned above. The trick is to have just one!

Oh. dont forget the 45 cal fudge bars. mmmmmmm