Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Had A Lab Band Slip,then Had It Surgically Fixed?

I am perhaps looking at having my lap band repositioned, I have been told by a lap band Dr. that my slip cannot be fixed by simply following a liquid diet and shrinking my pouch. Has anyone had their band repositioned?

I am perhaps looking at having my lap band repositioned' date=' I have been told by a lap band Dr. that my slip cannot be fixed by simply following a liquid diet and shrinking my pouch. Has anyone had their band repositioned?[/quote']

I had a severe slippage. I had to get the revision surgery or be in dire straits. I wasn't as sore afterwards. But I did put on some weight because I didn't hurt anymore. I'm as tight as I dare now. Weight loss has been slow, but I am not gaining anymore. What I need now is more exercise.

I had a severe slippage. I had to get the revision surgery or be in dire straits. I wasn't as sore afterwards. But I did put on some weight because I didn't hurt anymore. I'm as tight as I dare now. Weight loss has been slow, but I am not gaining anymore. What I need now is more exercise.

Best wishes with your continued weight loss. Im on the gain as well, I hope after my fluroscopy there able to fix mine as well.

I had a slip and was recently rebanded. This time my doctor has plicated my stomach which is believed to help prevent another slippage. Also, my new band's port is about half the size of the old! That I really like! Good luck to you!

I just dealt with a slip. The doctor seemed to be Fairly confident that a 4 week liquid diet & emptying it could correct it. And I took a look at the picture, the band was flat across w a slight tilt to the right. instead of the typical left end slanted up .. So I'm hoping to god this works being I don't have insurance!

Do u know what could happen if it sits in there in that position?

I had a slip and was recently rebanded. This time my doctor has plicated my stomach which is believed to help prevent another slippage. Also, my new band's port is about half the size of the old! That I really like! Good luck to you!

Hi Ray, how are things going for you! Why another port, was it damaged?

My friends mother just had emergency surgery for a slippage, there was too much injury to the area around the band, they had to disconnect her band and leave it to heal. She'll need another surgery later to reconnect. That would be my worst fear, I dont have the insurance either.

I just dealt with a slip. The doctor seemed to be Fairly confident that a 4 week liquid diet & emptying it could correct it. And I took a look at the picture, the band was flat across w a slight tilt to the right. instead of the typical left end slanted up .. So I'm hoping to god this works being I don't have insurance!

Do u know what could happen if it sits in there in that position?

I've been told by Dr. Perez in Mexico that surgery is the only corrective measure, but im hearing different from readers.

I had my surgery in Mexico, and I have no insurance either, but! you can always go through your emergency department, they have to take care of you, only hope there solution is not to remove the band and leave it! I went throught our ER department and was seen by a bariatric surgeon, I have my scope next week, I'll let you know what his plan is for me.

I, also, a had a slip. I needed to have a revision. Best of luck,Karen

I, also, a had a slip. I needed to have a revision. Best of luck,Karen

How are you doing after the revision?

How are you doing after the revision?

Interesting question! I have gained some weight because I have gotten back into bad habits. I have proper restriction and control when I eat properly. It just I get lazy and sometimes eat slider foods. But, that has nothing to do with my revision. i have great restriction back and am at 5 cc which is all I can tolerate. Karen

Interesting question! I have gained some weight because I have gotten back into bad habits. I have proper restriction and control when I eat properly. It just I get lazy and sometimes eat slider foods. But, that has nothing to do with my revision. i have great restriction back and am at 5 cc which is all I can tolerate. Karen

Glad to hear the revision is doing its job! best of luck in doing yours, I know its tempting to eat those sliders first.

I just dealt with a slip. The doctor seemed to be Fairly confident that a 4 week liquid diet & emptying it could correct it. And I took a look at the picture' date=' the band was flat across w a slight tilt to the right. instead of the typical left end slanted up .. So I'm hoping to god this works being I don't have insurance!

Do u know what could happen if it sits in there in that position?[/quote']

What are the symptoms of a slip? Is it painfull? How do you know if you've had a slip? My doc says "oh you'll know if it slips" but seems vague to me. I recently had some problems, I feel better, but that's in the back of my mind.

I had a slip early last year. It's hard to keep any food down and everything gets stuck. My surgeon just took some Fluid out, and I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. The negative was I gained 30 lbs back since then. I think for all those months I couldn't eat, I lost a lot of weight but the second I could eat again, I started gaining. Plus I quit smoking. :). But I need to learn everything all over again I feel like. I've got good restriction, I just need to make better choices and more exercise.

I had a slip early last year. It's hard to keep any food down and everything gets stuck. My surgeon just took some Fluid out' date=' and I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. The negative was I gained 30 lbs back since then. I think for all those months I couldn't eat, I lost a lot of weight but the second I could eat again, I started gaining. Plus I quit smoking. :). But I need to learn everything all over again I feel like. I've got good restriction, I just need to make better choices and more exercise.[/quote']

Well, I had a week when I couldn't keep even one bite down. Protein shakes took an hour to drink. The doc put me on prednisone and took all the Fluid out. I can eat now, but I keep a acidly taste in my mouth (first time for this) if mine had slipped, wouldn't my doc told me so?

Well, I had a week when I couldn't keep even one bite down. Protein shakes took an hour to drink. The doc put me on prednisone and took all the Fluid out. I can eat now, but I keep a acidly taste in my mouth (first time for this) if mine had slipped, wouldn't my doc told me so?

A little Fluid out, is sometimes all that's needed. Your doctor wouldnt know unless they did an x-ray, barrium swollow, or scope