Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 Of Pre-Op And Hungry!

This is tougher than I thought. I am trying to use the mantra of mind over the matter, but it's not working and I am starving and craving salt! The Protein shakes are not bad but I am over it already.

Please give any advice! I am trying to rid the thought that I should just drop this.

I promise it gets easier. The first few days are the worst. My best advice is to drink plenty of calorie-free liquids in between shakes to try to fool your body into thinking it's full. That and keep busy and stay away from your routine eating habits (like in front of the TV or whatever). It gets easier as the pounds come off and you get more excited. Good luck !!

It gets easier... by day four I really wasn't even that hungry anymore. You will lose weight on the pre-op diet and that helps motivate. I learned to love cream of chicken Soup because most of the other liquids are cold or bland.

i drank a lot of Water - popsicles - and Jello.

it's not fun but it is worth it - it's awesome to go into the surgery having already started the process.

good luck!

There is no doubt that the pre op diet SUCKS. I was on liquids for 3 weeks I was a b---h and felt yucky the whole time. Staying busy is super good advise, just suck it up and keep going. The first few days are by far the worse!

Thank you for the tips guys. I am trying to keep the eye on the price, but food is every where around me which makes it hard.

I will close my eyes and drink the shakes! 12 more days!

Prinxs, you can make it. Can you have chicken broth made from chicken boullion?? Theres hardly any calories. Ask your dietician, maybe that would help with your salt craving.

Prinxs' date=' you can make it. Can you have chicken broth made from chicken boullion?? Theres hardly any calories. Ask your dietician, maybe that would help with your salt craving.[/quote']

I am allowed chicken broth and I heated some up tonight and added some black pepper! I liked the flavor and the warmth of it. I might have more of it as a snack!

Prinxs' date=' you can make it. Can you have chicken broth made from chicken boullion?? Theres hardly any calories. Ask your dietician, maybe that would help with your salt craving.[/quote']

Thank you!!

I know. I am on day 3 and feel sick. I just need to get through this. I had started exercising and am wearing a size smaller dress so I am going to fight through. I am still trying to get a really good shake.< /p>

The pre op shakes are hard. I had to do it for a month, the first week was hardest as you detox, hence the headaches and filling sick. Drink lots of Water inbetween, Jello. I also drank chicken broth if I got desperate for something with a savory flavor. I also had the Protein bars, actually I probably had more Protein Bars than shakes in that one month period and still managed to loose ten kilos (just over 20 pounds). I have not touched a Protein shake since being banded ten weeks ago, just the thought of them makes me gag!

Hang in there, it's tough but so worth it.

I am on day 4 of my pre-op and let me just say im starving!! I can't even stand to think about the Protein Shakes, I got the ones that my Dr suggested which are called VI-Shape and it is so nasty..anyone have any suggestions on a some what better Protein Shake? My surgery in on Friday 21st and im barely hanging on!!

It gets better. The first 2 days I was weak and had a headache but then those symptoms resolved. I'm not gonna lie and say you won't be hungry at all, but if u keep busy and drink ur shakes its doable! I like the Bariatric Fusion chocolate mousse shakes the best. And sugar free Jello really helped when I felt starving, because the solidness felt good in my tummy. Sometimes a drink won't cut it. Good luck to you. Don't give up or cheat! I thought I would break down but honestly have not cheated once in 3 weeks. Pretty proud of myself!