Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Ran A 5K!!!

I walked my first 5K and it was hard but you ran one thats freaking awesome I hope to run one someday...I am going to do my second soon keep up the great work!

Love the color me Rad run I did one this summer. Itts fun when you are running the whole thing and getting hit with the color. Great Job

Congrats! Outstanding. Hooray for you. I was just banded Nov. 8 and my plan is to run a 5k at work in May. You inspire me.

Best wishes!

September I ran my first 5k and started this post. Last Sunday I ran a 10k (6.2 miles) just to see if I could. My goal had been 5 straight miles before the end of December but I just kept going! Now my husband and I have added an offical 10k to our race schedule. If I can do it you can do it!

post-337597-13813140751275_thumb.png

post-337597-13813140751946_thumb.png

This is so inspiring! I've always wanted to run a 5k and today at the gym, I noticed the treadmill had a virtual 5k feature and decided to try. Slow and steady, I made it and felt great after! Now I'm looking for a race but they all seem to be in far off warm places (wouldn't make a bad vacation) but I'm going to sign up for a 5k and start training for 10. Thanks for this post!

Trisket, I noticed that we have the same dr. I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday, any advice?!

Also, are u running the color run in 2013? I'm planning to do it!

I am do excited by this thread. I just purchased couch to 5k for my I pod. I haven't been banded yet or even have a date but I figured it doesn't hurt to start getting prepared.

This is so inspiring! I've always wanted to run a 5k and today at the gym, I noticed the treadmill had a virtual 5k feature and decided to try. Slow and steady, I made it and felt great after! Now I'm looking for a race but they all seem to be in far off warm places (wouldn't make a bad vacation) but I'm going to sign up for a 5k and start training for 10. Thanks for this post!

That is awesome! The coolest part is seeing your time go down as you keep it up! :) Best of luck finding a run! I am not a big fan of this cold weather, but I live in Texas so it will be in the 70s again before I know it (It was LAST week).

That is awesome! The coolest part is seeing your time go down as you keep it up! :) Best of luck finding a run! I am not a big fan of this cold weather, but I live in Texas so it will be in the 70s again before I know it (It was LAST week).

Trisket, I noticed that we have the same dr. I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday, any advice?!

Also, are u running the color run in 2013? I'm planning to do it!

I am already signed up for The Color run!! I have a team if you want to join it :)

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow. I had a fill today and I think I am getting really close to my green zone!!! My advice would be to just relax. The first few days do suck but you will be feeling like yourself in no time!! I am 6 months in and I have NO REGRETS!

Ok, you have totally inspired me! One of my goals for 2013 is a 5k. I have already planned on one in April (for obesity), the Color Run in July, and the Dirty Girl mud run in August. Lol. I work out regularly but can't run long distance for the life of me! Any tips on how to prepare? Was it as hard as you thought it would be?

Just signed up for a Color 5K in April! I figure there will be so much going on it will help keep my mind occupied and away for the crazy, why am I doing this, thoughts :)

Ok, you have totally inspired me! One of my goals for 2013 is a 5k. I have already planned on one in April (for obesity), the Color Run in July, and the Dirty Girl mud run in August. Lol. I work out regularly but can't run long distance for the life of me! Any tips on how to prepare? Was it as hard as you thought it would be?

Keep up the cardio at the gym. It helps build endurance! Remember your mind is going to tell you to quit before your body does. Also try and find some place you like to run. I hate the treadmill and I don't even like running around my neighborhood. My gym has 3 tracks:1 inside (15 laps = a mile), small outside (5laps=1mile), and large outside (1lap= 1.05 miles). I find I like the inside track for my 1 mile warmup runs. I try to run a mile before the cardio classes I take. I have done 3 miles on the small track once but it isn't my favorite place for a long run. My favorite place is the outside track. It wraps around my gym and the hospital nextdoor. I just love running there! Also make sure to not over do it. When I first started couch to 5k I ran almost every day and developed tendinitis in my hips. THAT SUCKED! I ended up quitting running and gaining 30lbs during that school year. (I just became generally lazy). That was the summer before my lapband. I started back up this summer and it was the best decision! I invested in some great running shoes because bad shoes can cause all kinds of hip/back problems. My new ones came from a running store where they put me on a treadmill and recoreded my step while I was running. I was turrning my ancles in so they fitted me with a show that gave more support in the inside sole. They also put me in shoes a size bigger than I wear because they say your feet swell when you run. I am in love with my new shoes! After my 6 mile run a few weeks ago I was only a little sore the next day. I weight 230 so I would say that is pretty good!!

Also www.dailymile.com is very motivating for me!! I still suck at logging my food but I log all my workouts on here. It makes me what to do better and go farther.

Way to go!!! I hope I will be able to do that one day. Congrats