Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Completely Unfilled--Givin it a rest

Hi All-

Just a quick update. For the last month, I've had some severe (in my opinion) heartburn, indigestion and reflux. I've also had a couple of pretty severe PB's. I stopped into see my surgeon yesterday just to let them know what's going on. Well, we've decided to take all the fill out and give everything a chance to heal. Immediate relief from the heartburn I was experiencing at the time. The other funny thing I experienced was I was immediately ravenously hungry. Head Hunger?? I don't know.

I am going back in on the 31st to see how things feel and refill my band. I know they will sneak back up to my previous fill level.

The last fill I had was in October which brought me up to 7cc in the VG band. I know in the back of mind this fill was always a little too tight for me, but I was losing weight and the PB's were few and far between. I also know I've been mired in the old "soft food syndrome"

Reality check...I need to have this band. I've encountered a small hiccup but I think for me it's really important to have this indigestion/reflux thing resolved.

Now I'm focusing on making good food choices for the next ten days. I was able to avoid the Cinabons in the kitchen at work.

Wish me luck

Sal

Good luck Sal, give yourself plenty of time to heal and YOU decide how much fill is the right amount for you.

Wishing you the best.

Well, it feels better to know exactly where you stand, I bet.

Yours is a great story - we've all got to be careful about watching our fill levels and if I was like you and had been losing, it would be easy to how we'd slip into the 'soft food' syndrome.

But you're on top of it, sounds like.

Keep us posted on how you do .

Happy Band Journeys to Everyone!

Sounds like you've got quite a bit of insite into yourself. And your strength to come here to discuss it is commendable.

"soft food syndrome" is easy to fall into. I wish you all the best trying to recover from this little "bump in the road". I'm sure you'll do just fine. It's all a learning experience IMHO.

Good Luck

Good for you, Grizgirl! Isn't it extraordinary how wonderful it is to feel better! You're right not to worry about being unfilled; being comfortable and healthy is MUCH more important.

Heal up! :biggrin1:

I'm glad to hear you got that unfill. Sitting too tight just can't be good for you, even if you are losing weight. As Ddiedre said, it sounds like you've been thinking about this logically and have put your finger on the problem, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

You know what's funny is that feeling of sudden ravenous hunger when we get a fill or unfill. I wonder if what we are feeling is our stomach's reaction to being "messed" with and Hunger is the only way our brain knows how to identify the reaction? Does that make sense? After my first fill, I was ok for the first day and then.. bam! I was so hungry I felt like I couldn't get enough food in me although I was eating more than usual. It did go away by the next day. But yeah, I wonder if our brain wasn't wired to translate the "wow, something just changed down here" signal from the stomach, so it just shrugs and says.. must be hunger. It's a thought. *shrugs*

COUNT ME IN THE EATING RAVENOUS CLUB!! I definately agree that once you change something with your fills, your stomach sends a VERY BIG signal to your brain telling it that it's STARVING & to stuff some food in your mouth.

After my partial unfill I want to eat the house!! I am so out of control! I wish you luck Sal!! Unfills are HARD!!!