Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out of CONTROL!!

SO ok, I can't get into the journals and since I am at work eating hundreds of Reese's miniature cups (of course wrapped all pretty in the Easter colors) and telling myself tomorrow I will start better again, tomorrow I will eat no more sweets, tomorrow no more cokes or anything fried...tomorrow I will eat the meats I need to eat instead of the sweets and breads that go down easily. I have written this post over and over again about how I have lost control of my eating. I am scared now though...I am scared because my diet all weekend long consisted of hundreds of reese's miniature cups. I was on spring break and used that as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I went to the store and bought this crap over the weekend and ate nothing but that, then I stuffed my purse full this morning so I could eat that throughout the day. I tried a chicken sandwich for lunch and it came back up, but the reese's have since stayed down. I am scared I will get diabetes from eating this way, but I can't stop! I had to stop typing so I could make sure there wasn't a reese's hiding in some recess of my purse that I missed. There isn't one, but I have my cole to wash it all down. I hate this.

Thanks for letting me vent, but I seriously don't know what to do so that I will get on the losing side of this again. I need serious help, none of my old tricks are working anymore. I can no longer Psych myself out to eat healthy like I used to and have gone without exercise for so long I have no idea how to start back again. It's probably been a month since my body has seen any kind of decent workout. I feel like crap! I hate my job, lost a house we were going to make a bid on to buy, I feel fatter than ever and I have a Statistics exam on Thursday and all I want to do is sleep for about a month straight! GOD, I could win a 1st place trophy for bitching about my life though...is that my silver lining??

Kim, I know how you feel. I got below 200 and it is like I am having trouble getting back on the weightloss wagon...I am not gaining, but I am not losing either. I had such a bad weekend of binging...well...binging for a restricted bandster anyway...lol. I have even been mad at my band a time or two this weekend...how nutty is that...being mad at the one and only thing that has allowed me to lose this weight in the first place. When I got up this morning I vowed that I was not going to let another day pass working against my band. I got back in there today and had a good day. Kim, I know you can do this and get back in the game...tomorrow is a good day.

I can so relate to this. (See the thread I just started. I feel like a giant hypocrite even responding here). But look how far you have come! You can do it. Just take it one day at a time. Sometimes you can get so caught up in your past failures that you can't see how far you have gone to change. So you slipped into some old habits, it's part of life. Just work on tomorrow. The reese's pb cups are NOT the enemy! You just get caught up in something that is really tasty and easy to digest. It's like speeding. You realize, "Hey, I can push this pedal even harder and I can go SUPER fast!" Maybe you even get away with it. But you know you can't drive that way all the time. So you have to put the breaks on a bit and it isn't much fun, but you know it is the right thing to do.

Hang in there. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Today, so far is better, I brought my low sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal pack for Breakfast to work, so we will see. I really want a McGriddle, but I haven't had one of those in months because I can't even think of getting something down that solid before noon, thankfully the band steps in on issues like that. I will make it through this day though. If I could make it outta bed this morning I can do anything!! Thanks guys!

Kim, I just now read your post and it sounds like you have been living with me and watching me on one of my bad days. I have done the exact same thing before and beat myself up over it 1000 times for doing it. I think we ALL slip up and eat stuff we don't need and that just proves you are human and normal. When I read your post I thought back to this past weekend, I bought hershey kisses to give to our kids at church in sunday school, well I thought, I will have a couple of those and before the day was over the entire bag was gone, inside me making me feel like such a loser and failure and feeling as big as I ever was. I know we can do this and overcome these binges. It don't happen often to me but it does happen. My new rules are I don't even let myself purchase those things and if I do it to give to someone else I make a big deal out of telling my husband there is candy in the house and to be my candy police!! He don't have a problem at all, he is diabetic and lucky for him he has never been a big sweets eater.

So, stop beating yourself up and move on...today is a new day.....even if you slip once today, don't let it turn you into the candymonster all day, just throw the candy away or give it to someone else. I know it sounds crazy but get it out of your site however you can.

I will pray for you as you deal with these demons everyday and I want you to pray for me. I am just vowing to not even have it in my presence and not purchase it at all. I cannot be trusted with it!! heck, I cannot even be trusted with the sugarfree chocolate either, same thing happens if I have it.

What I started doing after my last "binge" was not allowing me to have any chocolate or treat until once on the weekend in the presence of someone else, as I feel guilty if I eat more than I should in the presence of someone else. Especially since everyone knows I have lost 140 pounds and I feel like they are "watching" me to see if I mess up. That is the safest answer to my problem, wait till weekend to treat myself and then only with one serving of the treat.

Well, wake up now, I know I put you to sleep with such a long post, but I know where you are coming from....take it a day at a time.... you can do it you have not come this far to fail now! You have done a great job with your band on your wt loss. Take care.....

I feel like this thread was started for me. I was trying so hard to get below 200 by my birthday which has past (3-17). I do not know what happend all of a sudden I was eating candy and chips and crap all last month. I have not gained any weight but I have been at the same weight since Jan. I have been working out too. I spoke to a women that had gastric bypass and we were talking about this. She said she went through the same thing. She suggested to either go on a liquid diet for a week or drink liquids for two meals and a small solid meal. She said that it will re-start your weight loss and shrink your stomach and kind of re-ignite your spirt and get you off of the plateau. Have I done this yet "NO" But I plan on trying to soon. I am mad at myself. I have lost 80 some pounds in the last 7 months and I do not plan on gaining any of that back. Lord give me the strength to cover my mouth and throw the candy and junck food out. I think I will start the liquids for breakfast and lunch and very low carb "measured" dinner. Ok I had to vent so thanks for listening.:help: :help: :help:

Oh man, same story here. Only for me it is potato chips (bad, bad, bad!) - I have not lost a pound in almost 4 weeks! (luckily I haven't gained any, either!). I am going to try the water/liquid thing. I really need to jumpstart my weight loss again. I was doing really well, then bam, I hit the chips and hit a wall. :help:

Ok Kim, I will throw away the chips if you throw away the PB cups - deal? :rolleyes:

What is it about Reese's pnut butter cups? They are absolutely lethal, and I at a whole small bag yesterday. It makes me furious at myself for succumbing to that same old temptation. Too bad we can't depend on our bands not to accept sweets, isn't it!!

This morning I reminded myself that the only thing I can change is today...can't go back and re-do yesterday, so I'll try to do better today. Somewhere I read that "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes its a quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'."

So I'll just gather up my courage and try again.

Emily

:faint: Yep!!!This sounds like me:cry . As soon as I hit my under 200 goal (199.5) I went NUTS:help: and sabotaged myself!! I'm not sure whats going on with me but now I have gastritis and was also taken off my HBP meds which is a diurectic. So long story short...I'm back up to 203:omg: .I'm going back to the gym today but how can I STOP eating like a lunatic???:help: I need some serious help before I go too far backwards!!!!.......cindy

I know I get like that too... I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and could honestly live on chocolate ALONE for months. Have you tried tuna fish? It's really easy to get at basically any deli/caf and it goes down pretty easily but also doesn't pass right through. I find it satisfies my craving for creamy stuff because I get the type that MUST have real mayo in it.

You should Really Really Really try to just cut out sugar completely from your diet for like 2 days... sugar is just plain old addicitve. When I first got banded I was drinking a bunch of fruit juice mixed with Water but then I realized that the damn sugar in the juice was making me crave more sugar! Try to go COLD TURKEY on the sugar and it that may really help your cravings. Also, jeez, look at all the success you've had -- do you really want to put on a bunch of weight for the passing pleasure of some candy? ?

Good luck!

Suz

Suz, I so agree with the tuna. I truly think my huge consumption of tuna attributed to much of my muscle gain....don't know why, but I can tell a big difference when I've got tuna in my band life.

Eat lots of Protein. That's what helps me when I feel the urge to binge. Protein is the only thing that stops the hunger. I also drink more Water. It sounds silly, but I make "deals" with myself. IF I drink 4 glasses of water in a given amount of time, I am allowed one small "whatever" that I'm craving. Usually. after the water the urge goes away and I don't eat what I've "earned".

Get up and do something different. Call a friend, read, a book, finish a chore. Anything to get your mind off of food. If all of this fails, IT'S OKAY and YOU'RE OKAY! Life happens, we all disappoint ourselves. Pat yourself on the back and forgive yourself. We get beat up enough from others. Be kind to yourself. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Thanks so much guys, today was better. No binge today, I did have a snickers, but I will say that is the only candy I have eaten today and after the past couple of days just that alone is a jumping a big hurdle for me. I still have not eaten over 1000 calories today, so that makes me feel better too. I will have to go cold turkey and I wish I could automatically get that feeling you have after you have done the Atkins for 2 weeks and you don't crave anything, let alone want anything to eat and yet you have massive amounts of energy. Damn that Atkins for working so well when you actually stick to it! HA! I'm at least in better spirits today and also realized it is PMS time so that could be the fire behind some of the madness and uncontrollable everything!! I know the Peanut Butter cups should be considered and taxed like cigarettes and alcohol, but that wouldn't stop me either way. Self control is coming back, it just took the horse and buggy instead of the Astin Martin...hopefully I can grab hold soon and stay off of sugar for a while. I bought the carnation choco breakfast drinks, so I will try them in the morn and see if that curbs my addiction any. Good luck everyone and thanks for the support!!

I could have written your yesterday thread today, OMG, how much weight can we gain in one day? I have eaten so much chit today, I'm talking stuff I would never eat, Beef Jerky, choc covered soy nuts, fried shrimp, mini crab cakes, celery dipped in blue cheese dressing, spinach lasagna, lobster bisque Soup, but I finally stopped, there was nothing else to eat. Gosh I hope we don't have another cold, rainy day tomorrow, ok, I'm bending over now, somebody kick my a$$.

Pat! Stop! You're killing me... that all sounds so good! And I just had my first fill today! I have to do liquids - and I want to eat a cheeseburger. There is definitely something wrong with me... I can only thank God that I only gained a half pound with the stuff I was eating for the last two weeks!

Kim - buck up honey. You aren't alone. Good work on eating healthier and good luck with getting back to the gym.

Hugs!