Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. We definitely all handle it differently. I have a very high tolerance for pain so the pain didn't bother me' date=' only when I had to get up and down from a chair. It does get better and I actually think days 3 and 4 were the worst of it for me. I agree with others to definitely take small sips too throughout the day. It is a new habit for us and easy to overdo it. That can add to the pain.

Good luck... you will be feeling better in no time.[/quote']

Yeah I'd say I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but maybe not the highest ;) definitely getting in and out of a chair or out of bed is the worst but I'm able to do it on my own. Okay, I'm glad to hear that it gets better. I knew that but it sounds better coming from someone who's been through it. It's like working out. The second day is always the worst when it comes to pain lol. Thanks for the tips! :)

Please keep up with your breathing machine. The mucus is not good and you want to get as much of that out (cough up/spit out) as you much as you can so you don't get pneumonia.

Day two was the worse for me' date=' I hurt everywhere!! Day three was better and so was day 4 and 5. Tomorrow is day 6 and I start back to work, which I know will be tiring, but I am moving good and feeling good. I did break out the heating pad and that helped, just remember on use it for about 30 minutes t a time, o as not o make the area hyper-sensitive. I also tried o move more and more each day.[/quote']

Oh wow! Good luck going back to work! I go back to school on day 10 post op so hopefully I'll definitely feel better by then! :) okay I'm gonna try a heating pad. And I'm definitely trying to move around. :) thanks!

I am day 2 post-op also. Luckily I have had no nausea, but I am pretty sore today. Much more than yesterday. I find it hard to get up from the seated position. Ouch! I am hoping that tomorrow will be a little better. Good luck!

I am day 2 post-op also. Luckily I have had no nausea' date=' but I am pretty sore today. Much more than yesterday. I find it hard to get up from the seated position. Ouch! I am hoping that tomorrow will be a little better. Good luck![/quote']

Yeah the second day was pretty gnarly...and today isn't a ton better but the pain meds help a lot more today (post op day3) then yesterday so I guess the pain is easing up. And yes getting up from sitting or laying down is very painful. Each day should get better! :) thanks! Good luck to you too!

Day 3 has been better than day 2 for me but I feel so full of gas that I might float away! I have been walking around and around, started peppermint tea and gas x. I hope tomorrow is better! I had my gallbladder out last year and I remember my biggest problem was the gas. I at least haven't felt nauseous today so that's a step in the right direction!

Day 3 has been better than day 2 for me but I feel so full of gas that I might float away! I have been walking around and around' date=' started peppermint tea and gas x. I hope tomorrow is better! I had my gallbladder out last year and I remember my biggest problem was the gas. I at least haven't felt nauseous today so that's a step in the right direction![/quote']

Day 3 has definitely been better for me too. I actually haven't had a ton of gas pain. I do feel bloated but it's only uncomfortable, not painful (for the most part). That's good that you didn't feel nauseous! That's the worst. I can pretty much deal with everything else..not nausea though.

I'm on day 3 and am definately more sore and swollen than before. I think I simply did too much yesterday afternoon (too much bending) so I took it really easy today. I'm hoping to wake up in the morning feeling much better. I started thick liquids today, so far so good. It also gave me something to put my crushed meds into. pills that looked small enough pre surg now scare the heck out of me! This really is a journey, so glad we have each other here!

I'm on day 3 and am definately more sore and swollen than before. I think I simply did too much yesterday afternoon (too much bending) so I took it really easy today. I'm hoping to wake up in the morning feeling much better. I started thick liquids today' date=' so far so good. It also gave me something to put my crushed meds into. pills that looked small enough pre surg now scare the heck out of me! This really is a journey, so glad we have each other here![/quote']

Yeah I'm a bit better today than I was yesterday but still much more sore than the day of surgery. My dad is a doctor and he performs lapriscopic surgery and he said that he thinks the reason I'm more sore today than the day of surgery is because the surgeon may have put some local anesthetic in the incision sites that finally wore off. I have to check and see when I can start thicker liquids. Hopefully that'll help me feel less hungry. Yes! This site has helped me so much! I'm glad we all have eachother to get through this journey! Good luck healing!

Day 4 is going better. Still a lot of pain but nothing like yesterday, I'm figuring out how to move easier without causing as much pain.

I'm still only making it 6 hrs during the day between pain meds but I'm down two 1 instead of 2. At night I'm making it 8+ hours, but only if I take both pain meds. No shoulder pain, just a stiff. I have lower back bain worse than anything. I'm a side sleeper but that isnt an option.

I'm on thicker type foods. pureed chicken, cottage cheese, refried Beans, greek yogurt etc.4 TBL per meal plus Water of course.

Day 3 has been much better for me. Gas kicked in this morning, but it's not awful. Soreness is much better today. I am still on the pain meds every 6 hours, but I might not do them tomorrow if I feel better. They make me feel kinda loopy. I start thicker liquids tomorrow. ???‰

Day 4 is going better. Still a lot of pain but nothing like yesterday' date=' I'm figuring out how to move easier without causing as much pain.

I'm still only making it 6 hrs during the day between pain meds but I'm down two 1 instead of 2. At night I'm making it 8+ hours, but only if I take both pain meds. No shoulder pain, just a stiff. I have lower back bain worse than anything. I'm a side sleeper but that isnt an option.

I'm on thicker type foods. pureed chicken, cottage cheese, refried Beans, greek yogurt etc.4 TBL per meal plus Water of course.[/quote']

Yes day 4 for me has been better, but like you I'm still pretty sore.

I make it through 12ish hours a day but the pain meds make me sooo tired. I can hardly keep my eyes open. So I'm trying to ween off them. I can take them every 4 hours but I haven't had any since early this morning. sleeping is not awful but I am a belly sleeper so it's a bit of an adjustment. My back gets kind of sore from sleeping in the same position all night but I only usually wake up once in the night.

I haven't moved on to thicker liquids just yet. I think I'll try to start that tomorrow.

Hope we both feel better tomorrow! This pain is getting kind of old :/

Day 3 has been much better for me. Gas kicked in this morning' date=' but it's not awful. Soreness is much better today. I am still on the pain meds every 6 hours, but I might not do them tomorrow if I feel better. They make me feel kinda loopy. I start thicker liquids tomorrow. ð[/quote']

Yeah day 4 has been a little better than day 3 but I'm not feeling so good right now. About to go take some pain meds. I think I'll start thicker liquids tomorrow as well. Good luck recovering. Let's hope this pain goes away soon; it's really taking a toll on me :/