Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder Coming Out Tomorrow

I just got the call from my case manager that my gallbladder surgery is now scheduled for 7am tomorrow instead of 5pm because they had a cancellation. I am nervous but excited because I know this is one step closer for me to being banded! A little background, my surgeon told me he would not do my lapband until I had my gallbladder out because it is apparently full of stones and/or polyps. After I have it out, I have to wait exactly 1 month before band surgery (9/4).

Any advice/comments/suggestions/similar experiences welcome!

I also will be having my gall bladder removed later this month...I don't have any gall stones, but with testing prompted by pancreatic inflammation it was discovered that mine has stopped working. I've had a mild case of pancreatitis, several episodes of sharp pains, and near constant nausea for 2 months.

This is apparently the result of my weight loss...but who knew??? My band had nothing to do with it...I hope that my symptoms will resolve post op.

Best wishes for a fast recovery!

How did you find out out that you needed to get your gallbladder out? I have recently came across a few lap bandster and all need to get there gall bladder out before or even afterwards to get their lap bands. I have appointment next for my dr. to put a camera down to my stomach, so im wondering if thats what they look for gall stones.

Hii! I can relate! I was supposed to have my gallbladder taken out and be banded at the same time. However, when my doctor opened me up he saw my gallbladder was really bad and acutely inflamed. So he didnt place the band. I had it taken out July 12 and will be having lapband surgery August 6. I think it is best to do it this way so that you aren't healing from two surgeries at once. Good luck! You will do great!

Well, I survived! I am in quite a bit of pain but I have meds, am able to take liquids and I am eating a little.

To answer some of the questions - I found out I needed to have my gallbladder out after my Right Upper Quadrant Ultrasound which was part of my pre-op testing for the band. Turns out I had quite a bit of polyps and "sludge." Even though I was not having a lot of symptoms (pain, etc) my surgeon told me he would not feel comfortable putting the band in without taking the gallbladder out first. He told me that quick weight loss can further inflame an already troublesome gallbladder.

I thought it was interesting that even though i did not experience many gallbladder pain issues, after surgery my surgeon told me the gallbladder was acutely inflamed and I had quite a bit of scarring around the area. Glad I had it removed!

Good luck! I had my gall bladder out several years ago. The first day was rough for me, but overall not bad. I'll be thinking of you.

They found mine during my testing for lb too. My surgeon wouldn't even consider doing them at the same time although I wished at the time he would bc my ins won't pay for LB but they did for Gb. Of course better safe. I had my GB out on 6/29 and my LB is Fri 8/10. I got my energy back about 8 days post op but felt like it was a breeze. Hope I do so well with the LB!

Pennie

Yeah, gallbladder surgery isn't terrible. I was eating Chinese food again in 3 days after I had mine out. It's just moving around in bed and stuff that's sucky for a few days.

Actually...its interesting that your bringing up the Gall Bladder issue. About 3 months ago, I wen to the ER with pain right in my mid section that brought me to my knees. In short, they suspected and found that I had Gall Stones in my gall bladder and the pain was resulting from the "stones" trying to pass.

Two people (that I respect and are health nuts) gave me a natural remedy that consists of 8oz of Olive Oil and 8oz of Lemon juice and Apple Cider Vinegar.

They said...that if I take the Apple Cidar Vinegar (and drink this from noon on) and then take 1oz of mixed Lemon juice and Olive Oil every 15 minutes before I go to bed (then lay on my right side with pillows on your back to prevent you from moving and rolling over), the stones will pass in your bowel movement the next day...with these little tiny green stones.

Being the skeptical sort, I researched it further and found out that many people on the internet (AND I MEAN MANY) said it worked and was surprised that it did work and that the doctors don't let the patients know that this remedy works (claiming....it is not prescribed by their field of medicine).

Research it yourself...but check out what others have said

http://cliffsriffs.b...-gallstone.html

In short, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain because it sure beats surgery and I didn't want to have an organ to be taken out that the good Lord gave me. Come to find out.....TO MY COMPLETE SURPRISE....I PASSED MY STONES THE NEXT DAY. I even took pictures of the stupid things.

After showing the pictures to the surgeon the pictures of the stones....and he said he highly doubts those were stones. I said to the doctor.....I did my research on what the gb stones look like....and they are exactly the same thing. Bottom line....most doctors are not educated with natural remedies and have FINANCIAL MOTIVATIONS of not wanting to be educated wit this.

I know the original poster had surgery...but this is the actual cleanse steps to take for those considering it. Please do your own research...I just care and want to encourage people with information so they can be WELL INFORMED. This natural remedy really opened up my eyes to natural remedies and the whole medical field in general.

Gall Stone Cleanse

• Drink as much Water as well as apple juice as possible on the day you plan to do the over night cleanse.

• Only consume Clear Liquids and broths that day.
  • 2 hours before bed, mix 8oz. olive oil with 8oz. of lemon juice(preferably fresh squeezed).
  • Drink 1oz. every 15 minutes until all gone.
  • sleep on right side all night. Prop pillows so you will not turn over to left side or lie on your back. More than likely you may not sleep very well if you normally move alot while you sleep.
  • In the morning eat a light Breakfast.
  • On your next bowel movement you should expel little green balls. This will be the gall stones that have either dissolved or broken down.

Blessings to you all,

MD