Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

I congratulate you on your weight loss. Who would of thought of the problems you are having. I hope someone in Florida can help you. Maybe you could call around to hospitals and surgical centers and see if lapband surgery is done at their facility. then find out who the doctor is. Easier than calling every surgeon in the phone book. Or maybe the florida medical association that is over doc could refer you to a good (ok i don't know how to spell this) bariacteric doc. that is definitely not right. You know doctors who work with over weight (wasn't that nice) people. You really need a doc who is close by to encourage and follow through. You and your wife deserve only good blessings, best of luck to you..

Butch,

Try going to Inamed's website. They are the company that makes the band. They have a doc locator on the site. Maybe you can find someone that way. It sure has to be cheaper than flying to NY.

Be proud of what you have done. You might not have gotten to the goal that you want, but you sure have come a long way.

I am proud of you and I don't even know you. lol. Good luck.

Butch, look up Dr. Tiffany Jessee at Suncoast Hospital in Largo, FL she may be of help.

So how are my super-sizers doing? Teresita, ready for me to mail you some 26s yet you skinny thing?

My scale finally budged, just enough to decide it wants to stick at 270.01. Crap!!! If I'm going to plateau 5 weeks out of every 6, you'd think I could at least plateau in a new "decade"! :D

So that's 112 lbs in 8 months. I've reeaaally slowed down the last 2 months, as in lost about 7 or 8 lbs the entire time. But I went down a size during that stall too. And I've become not quite as good of a girl as I used to be. Stupid me. I "try" things to see if I can do them. I need to just stay afraid of them so they don't tempt me. I could also stand another fill, but it's nice to eat without pain. And I've started getting some achies around my band/port area, so I don't want to do anything until I can better feel out what's going on there.

Started in a 32/34, now in a loose 24 pant/20 shirt. I've lost a lot in my upper body and stomach, but my thighs and hips are being little bastages.

PhotoNut, I too have a goal weight of 130 and I was 307 lbs the day I left the hospital. I think 130 is realistic, for sure. I am 5'5" - what about you?

Kat.

Hi my name is Terry I am still pre op been going though hoops since July 2006. I see the Surgeon on November 9th and will get Surgery in Late December or early January.

BMI 54 5ft 9in 366 lbs my goal is 185. That seems so unreal. The least I can remember weighing is 225 in 7th grade, I was 6 ft then so 185 was sometime in grade school LOL. I am excited and scared at the same time .:faint: This place looks like a great place for support the kind only someone how has walked in your shoes can give.

Thanks!! Terry

Hi Terry,

I think your goal is very realistic. I had my surgery in April and weighed 358 (at 5 ft 5 in) and am now 232! My goal is 180- It's what I weighed in college and I felt great- a size 16 but in good shape and healthy. I do not want to kill myself to maintain a weight that is hard for me.

Good luck with your journey!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th 2006 (Montreal)

Fill June 9th 2006

weight.png

Hi Terry,

I think your goal is very realistic. I had my surgery in April and weighed 358 (at 5 ft 5 in) and am now 232!

:faint:WOW, that is simply amazing!!

congrats on your loss!

Hi Terry & welcome.

I am between 5'10 and 5'11. 382 when I had surgery, 268 as of today. My goal is 180, though I'll certainly be thrilled with anything that starts with a "1". I still have to check the disbelief when I think to myself, "less than 100 lbs to goal"... for SOOO long it was "200 lbs to lose..."

Welcome Oldgiesser, there is lots of support her for everyone.

Wheetsin you are looking good. You have done an awesome job. I am still waiting for the 100 pounds but that is the problem, I am waiting for IT. I have to work for it! Not in 26 yet but I did buy some new underware a size smaller. WOOHOOO All of my clothes are really lose now so I need to go to the store and try on some stuff.