Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Zannie,

Congratulations on the 100 pound weight loss! I am so excited because I have 28 more pounds before I see one hundred. I am getting so excited. What are some things that changed for you since all the weightloss? Your all such an inspiration to me.

Congrats Congrats !!! on the 25 off in the 2 weeks. That's awesome. I love the idea of the chinese soups... didn't think about that. I wonder if some of those strained would be just fine for the 2 weeks of liquids we have to do now? I haven't tried the variety of Soups you mention, but I am on a new path of trying new things and not being so closed minded.

I totally agree about the scale thing too, I never owned one, why bother?? It wouldn't please me if I stepped on it in the past. I don't want to get obsessive about it either, so I promised myslef that I will only weigh once a week. Once I get a scale at home, I will have to keep it out of view so I am not always stepping on it :)

Congrats again.... by the way are you a Texan, or just know a good team when you see one?

Just had my One week post op visit this morning. Down 15 lbs from my PRE op visit! That puts me at 365!!!! Down from 400 max!!!! 35 lbs Baby!!!

Yes I am a born and bred Pure TEXAN! I currently live in Waco, but I grew up just SW of Ft. Worth. Love Texas, but hate the summers here! Maybe once I don't have all this insulation, the summers here won't be so bad...

gotta do some work now, I just had to share!!!!

I made it through surgery. My Mom and best friend were both there for me. Honestly, it was somewhat worse than I thought it would be. My stomach hurt really bad yesterday after the surgery and I still have some significant pain today. Thank God, I have not been nauseous at all! They did give me one of those Patches to put behind my ear so I think that saved me. I have been sleeping a lot and I slept pretty good last night considering what I went through. I am actually off to bed for another nap. I feel much better today than I did yesterday so I am hoping I will continue to feel better as the days go by. Now it is mostly when I stand up and my stomach hangs, it kind of pulls on everything. Also, when I try to take deep breaths, I feel pain. Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I did ok. I will write more when I am up to it. Trisha

I'm 8 days post-op and saw my surgeon today. I've lost 10 lbs since surgery!!

I've been following the full liquids/pureed foods diet post op without incidence. I'm not getting hungry at all, in fact, for the first time in my life I have to FORCE MYSELF TO EAT, what a blessing!

I think I heard angels sing when I heard my surgeon tell me to advance to soft diet for 4 more days and then to ease into a full diet by slowly introducing foods!!! I was prepared to go the 6 weeks of full liquid/soft foods and he moved me right up!

Also I am cleared for exercise including going to the gym and swimming.

Wahoooo!!!!! The Band is the best Christmas present I have ever given myself! :whoo:

Have a Great Week everyone!

Cherlita

Loveland, Colorado

379/356/200

pre-op/current/goal

11.27.07: Banded

weight.png

Finally I cannot believe it! I have a date :) I am so excited and so nervous I feel as if I may throw up. I went to see my surgeon yesterday 12/5/07 and his assistant came in to go through some information. And then she said when would you like to schedule your surgery? And being anxious I say, as soon as possible. Then she says how about Dec 11th? I was like okay. Then my whole body went flush I was so super excited!! I cannot believe in less then 1 week I will "officially"be a bandster :waytogo: December 11th at 7:00 am is when the prep time begins. When yall had your surgery how long was the prep time before the actual surgery? Just curious. I have never had any major surgery before. I had a c-section w/ my daughter but I was awake w/ the epideral. And with my vena-cava filter implant I was still awake. LoL. So I have no idea what to expect. What was the pain like for yall :) Sorry for the questions. I am just super nervous and have so much to do :)

Hugs to all

Melissa

=)

:whoo::clap2::):ranger:

WOW that is quick. I am getting more nervous by the day. I am trying to get everything done and keep up with finals. Man I thought I was planning this great surgery after finals I didnt think about all the stuff I have to get done before surgery.

DAMN my house needs to be cleaned. Maybe I will do it this weekend.

Finally I cannot believe it! I have a date :Banane48: I am so excited and so nervous I feel as if I may throw up. I went to see my surgeon yesterday 12/5/07 and his assistant came in to go through some information. And then she said when would you like to schedule your surgery? And being anxious I say, as soon as possible. Then she says how about Dec 11th? I was like okay. Then my whole body went flush I was so super excited!! I cannot believe in less then 1 week I will "officially"be a bandster :) December 11th at 7:00 am is when the prep time begins. When yall had your surgery how long was the prep time before the actual surgery? Just curious. I have never had any major surgery before. I had a c-section w/ my daughter but I was awake w/ the epideral. And with my vena-cava filter implant I was still awake. LoL. So I have no idea what to expect. What was the pain like for yall :) Sorry for the questions. I am just super nervous and have so much to do :)

Hugs to all

Melissa

=)

:whoo::clap2::):ranger:

Congratulations Melissa on your surgery date!

Lots to think about in the next week.

I was banded on last Tuesday, 11.27.07. My check-in was 8:30A with a 10A op time. I was taken back to my pre-op prep room at about 8:45A. They gave me a gown, everything has to come off. (Leave all jewelry at home, if you have piercings anywhere, take them out) The Anesthesiologist came in and asked me the standard questions (pregnant? anything to eat or drink? etc) soon after the tech came in and started my IV. One last bathroom trip and I was wheeled into the OR suite at 10:27a. Positioned on the table, given the gas/meds to put me under. The next thing I knew, I was in recovery. Not too much pain, but I have a really high tolerance for pain. I was wheeled up to my room at 1230p. I slept off the anesthesia and was up and walking at 4p and every hour after that until 10p. I also had the leg pumps on my legs.

Some advice:

For at least 2 weeks post-op you should not lift over a gallon of milk or push or pull anything (like a vacuum). So clean, do laundry, shopping, etc before. Search this website for some great post-op lists of suggestions other bandsters recommended. The Gas-X strips help with the post-op gas the bowel tract (very painful); walking also helps with the gas. Milk of Magnesia helps if you don't have a BM for 3 days or more, but don't force yourself.

I am 9 days out now and feeling great. My Surgeon has cleared me to a soft diet for 3 more days and then to start regular food! I've also been cleared for exercise including swimming and going to the gym.

Good luck on your new adventure. It is going to be a wild ride :D

Cherlita

Loveland, Colorado

379/356/200

pre-op/current/goal

weight.png

Just had my One week post op visit this morning. Down 15 lbs from my PRE op visit! That puts me at 365!!!! Down from 400 max!!!! 35 lbs Baby!!!

Yes I am a born and bred Pure TEXAN! I currently live in Waco, but I grew up just SW of Ft. Worth. Love Texas, but hate the summers here! Maybe once I don't have all this insulation, the summers here won't be so bad...

gotta do some work now, I just had to share!!!!

Congrats on being a Loser... who would of ever thought so many of us out there wanted to be Losers ?? HA !! Can't wait to be a bigger LOSER !!! WOO HOO. Feeling so much better each day. Just super excited. Can't wait for mushies !! I did try the chinese Soups... that was a life savor the other day. I just needed something with flavor and that hit the spot.

Congrats again... True Texan here. Residing in Lewisville !

I made it through surgery. My Mom and best friend were both there for me. Honestly, it was somewhat worse than I thought it would be. My stomach hurt really bad yesterday after the surgery and I still have some significant pain today. Thank God, I have not been nauseous at all! They did give me one of those Patches to put behind my ear so I think that saved me. I have been sleeping a lot and I slept pretty good last night considering what I went through. I am actually off to bed for another nap. I feel much better today than I did yesterday so I am hoping I will continue to feel better as the days go by. Now it is mostly when I stand up and my stomach hangs, it kind of pulls on everything. Also, when I try to take deep breaths, I feel pain. Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I did ok. I will write more when I am up to it. Trisha

Congrats on your surgery and it going well. I can tell you being 1 week out today, it gets better each day. I was lucky enough not to be nausious after surgery, didn't have to use anything for that... Thank goodness. I know what you mean about the pulling feeling too... But that's getting better too! GOOD LUCK !

I've been following the full liquids/pureed foods diet post op without incidence. I'm not getting hungry at all, in fact, for the first time in my life I have to FORCE MYSELF TO EAT, what a blessing!

I think I heard angels sing when I heard my surgeon tell me to advance to soft diet for 4 more days and then to ease into a full diet by slowly introducing foods!!! I was prepared to go the 6 weeks of full liquid/soft foods and he moved me right up!

Also I am cleared for exercise including going to the gym and swimming.

Wahoooo!!!!! The Band is the best Christmas present I have ever given myself! :whoo:

Have a Great Week everyone!

Cherlita

Loveland, Colorado

379/356/200

pre-op/current/goal

weight.png

AWESOME !! Lucky girl your up to mushies and then real food... OHHHH I so can't wait for some mushies. I would love some refried Beans and cheese... that just sounds sooo good. The craziest things I never would of even thought about sound so good to me during this liquid stage. I know what you mean about making yourself eat. I am having to make myself drink more and more and to be sure to do my yogurt and puddin...

Crazy how this works... but it's a working baby!!

Congrats again.

Finally I cannot believe it! I have a date :) I am so excited and so nervous I feel as if I may throw up. I went to see my surgeon yesterday 12/5/07 and his assistant came in to go through some information. And then she said when would you like to schedule your surgery? And being anxious I say, as soon as possible. Then she says how about Dec 11th? I was like okay. Then my whole body went flush I was so super excited!! I cannot believe in less then 1 week I will "officially"be a bandster :) December 11th at 7:00 am is when the prep time begins. When yall had your surgery how long was the prep time before the actual surgery? Just curious. I have never had any major surgery before. I had a c-section w/ my daughter but I was awake w/ the epideral. And with my vena-cava filter implant I was still awake. LoL. So I have no idea what to expect. What was the pain like for yall :) Sorry for the questions. I am just super nervous and have so much to do :)

Hugs to all

Melissa

=)

:whoo::clap2::eek::ranger:

Well being newly banded (1 week out) my prep time was not that long really, about 30 mins maybe and it was mostly relaxed time. I checked in, they gave me my nice gown, hat and bootie-socks to put on and then I went in and laid down while they took my vitals, asked me a few questions to confirm stuff and did my IV. Then my anest. guy came in and visited, asked if I had any questions and told some jokes. I visited with my mom and boyfriend until they took me back. I don't remember a thing after leaving that room. Funny I just now thought of that. I remember them starting to wheel me back and getting in the hall and I don't remember anything after the hall. Then I woke up and they wanted to take me to walk... CRAZY !!!

But it was easy. Very calm and relaxed. I actually wasn't even nervous. Just anxious and ready to go :)

GOOD LUCK and congrats on getting a fast date.

AWESOME !! Lucky girl your up to mushies and then real food... OHHHH I so can't wait for some mushies. I would love some refried Beans and cheese... that just sounds sooo good. The craziest things I never would of even thought about sound so good to me during this liquid stage. I know what you mean about making yourself eat. I am having to make myself drink more and more and to be sure to do my yogurt and puddin...

Crazy how this works... but it's a working baby!!

Congrats again.

Oh... I know what you mean! My doc put me on mushies yesterday and for lunch, I had Taco Bueno's refried Beans. MAN WAS THAT TASTY!!! I even added a lil cup of hot sauce. I could not even finish it! Today, I had Jalapeño Vienna sausages and green peas!

It's been so long since I posted here, but I really wanted to share...

I've lost 100 POUNDS!!!

Next stop: ONEderland!

Hi Zannie,

:eek:CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a wonderful achievement. Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Happy banding,

Mary

I made it through surgery. My Mom and best friend were both there for me. Honestly, it was somewhat worse than I thought it would be...Trisha

Hi Trisha,

Congrats on making it through surgery. My week post op was the worst for me too. You will get through it and will look back and not remember how bad it feels right now. Get your rest, get your Protein, keep hydrated and try to walk around in your home to get your muscles used to moving and help the healing process along.

You are doing great. I am glad your mom and best friend could be there for you.

Stay active on the boards and keep looking forward.

Cheers,

Mary

I've been following the full liquids/pureed foods...

Hi Cherlita,

Great work at staying on the plan. You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work. Keep letting us know what is going on.

Cheers,

Mary