Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Please pray that they will approve me!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Done! Prayer said.

Who is your insurance company, Trisha?

no one knows what it is like to need to loose 177lbs
I do :wacko:

Darr

Hello all...

I feel like a FOOL....I just don't know if I can do this, I have messed up 3 days in a row!!! I have had WAY TOO MUCH candy, and I don't even like candy! I had pizza tonight and I don't even like that that much. I am so stressed out and I messed up again. This is exactly why I have had to wait for 4 months to have the surgery because everytime I get on my way to losing the weight my Doctor wants me to lose in order to schedule the surgery I mess it up.

I have another 29 lbs to go. I have lost almost 25 but it has taken me 6 months to do it. I need some HELP and good advice, because everyone else around me just loves to mess me up. I think they want to screw up my diet on purpose so I can't have the surgery. I don't know what else to do? Any HELP???

Best of luck CrazyAce. It's sounds as though all the crazy people around you secretly love you. I wish they could hide their true feelings a bit better and help you stay calm. I predict that you'll get through the operation fine and then lose 177 pounds.

Who is your insurance company, Trisha?

I have Cigna HMO. It seems like some people get approved right away and some people have to hire lawyers to get approval. I'm scared. Reall scared. I am putting a lot of hope into this and I know I will be totally devastated with a denial.:cry

Hey, SmilinApple: just remember this (an old adage from my low carb days)

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Darr :)

Hello everyone this is my first time post on the this thread. WOW when I started out I thought would never be where I am today in such a short time. I just wanted to say that with will power and God all things are possible. And to encourage everyone on this thread to keep their head up because the achievement to be THIN not only to loose but to keep it off will happen I am a true believer of that. I am still quiet a ways away from my goal but I know that this time next year I will be there. In short just keep your head up and dont let other detear you from Your ultimate Goal.

You are going to be fine. I was banded in November 2006, I weighed 481lbs and now I weight 378. Its not easy, but it is much easier than trying to stick to a diet. I will tell you this, that no one told me. When you are a food addict, this fight is way more mental than physical. For six weeks after surgery I still ordered the wrong food and the wrong amounts. Old habits are hard to break. But once you realize that you cannot eat certain things anymore, or you will throw them up, or they will hurt, you will learn. It is kinda like Pavolov's dog. You figure out by trial and error what you can and cannot eat. Then you learn to live without the things that hurt you. The hardest thing for me and still is, is not drinking while eating. I was a big Water drinker, especially with my meals, and I just can't do it anymore.

But let me tell you, I still have 240 lbs at least to loose and I didn't really start feeling terrific until about May I belong to a gym where I walk and jog in the water. It make my legs stronger and gives me some time to myself. Its great!

Good luck, if you want to talk more, e-mail me @ cwcthom632@aol.com. I would be happy to help.

Good luck,

Carole

Carole and Kadrian, your weight loss is amazing. I can't believe my eyes. Thanks for posting.

Carole, I know what you mean about the struggle being a mental one. I am 9 weeks out/3rd fill and I am starting to realise that I cannot eat the quantity I want to and need to stop putting huge amounts on my plate. My eyes are 10 times the size of my stomach. I go out and just look at all the food and the menus and I know I shouldn't waste my money because I can't finish it.

I also am happy to hear that you go to the gym. I have only tried walking so far as I'm not confident enough to go to a gym. Maybe that will change. It's so nice for you to almost have hit 500 and then totally go the other way. It's an amazing amount to lose in such a short time.

Hi!

This is my first post - ever! I am being banned Sept. 18. I am excited, but I also feel very worried. I'm mostly worried about the throwing-up part. I asked my doctor about it, and I told him how worried I was. I also asked some of the other people on his staff. They all say if I just follow the rules, then I won't throw-up. I want to believe them, but I am trying to figure out what to expect. I weigh over 400 lbs, so I know that I have to do something. I would rather be a little sick than keep living my life the way I am now. I have enjoyed reading all the stories that I have found here on this website. Every time I feel scared, I come here and read a little and then I feel better for a bit. I hope I can do this. I was hoping for some encouraging words or some advise on the throwing-up.:help:

Hi!

I was hoping for some encouraging words or some advise on the throwing-up.:help:

You know, I need some encouragement in that department too. I am waiting on approval from my insurance and have been worried about the throwing up. It is probably the only negative thing I can think about the band. Some people say its not bad, some say it is horrible. I could really use a little reassurance. Please, anyone that has PB'd, give us a little encouragement about it. Thanks!

ArtzyGirl and Michiganer I have been banded for three months and I ve have not thrown up not even once. ArtzyGirl you can do this I wieghed 489lbs when I got Banded And although its no walk in the in the begining its so much easier now. I lost 95lbs in the 3 months since surgery and have 154 more to go but it will get done. It happens and it will happen Once you let go of food as your best friend the journey is so much easier That was my problem I had to let go of Food as a Comfort. Now food no longer excites me I have to make myself eat at this point So think happy thoughts and know that you can do this and you will.:confused:

Also Thanks Insurbordination Thanks For The Compliment:D

Dear Smiling apple

Take a deep breath! Try to relax! The key to losing weight is consisteny. It is also directly connected to your way of thinking. You are the only one who puts food in your mouth. Maybe you need a little counseling to help get your mind in the right place. Keep focused and you can do this. On the other hand, the reason you want to be banded is because like me and most of us, if we could do it all by ourselves we would! Talk with your Dr. Work on getting your mind focused on you and quit worrying aobut others and their sabatage effects!

The only time you will throw up is when you eat food that is not chewed properly, too big for your opening, or things that you know you should not be eating. I am a carb addict. All I want is a sandwhich. But I can't. I cannot eat bread, bisquits, toast, whatever anymore. It took awhile to accept that, but I know that I will throw it up, so I do not even try to eat it anymore. Besides anything white will make you gain wait anyhow, learned that from South Beach diet. I don't even eat potatoes or baked potatoes much anymore, only as a treat. So remember, it is just things you are not supposed to be eating in the first place. Think small, think mushy, and chew, chew, chew. Somedays I can eat tuna salad, other days I cannot. It depends on how much food is already in your pouch.

If I can help, e-mail me at cwcthom632@aol.com.

Good Luck

Carole

95 lbs in 30 months! I thought I was a fast looser. I started at 481 and I am now 378. But I want to start loosing faster as well. I doing pretty good, 18lbs in one week, then is started to drop off. The other day I could eat a bisquit, so I know I need to have my fill checked. Last time they would not fill it because I could not get chicken down. But I think I need a fill.

Hey, I would love to chat with you and compare strategies. Could you e-mail me at cwc632@aol.com. I would appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks - Carole

95 lbs in 30 months! I thought I was a fast looser. I started at 481 and I am now 378. But I want to start loosing faster as well. I doing pretty good, 18lbs in one week, then is started to drop off. The other day I could eat a bisquit, so I know I need to have my fill checked. Last time they would not fill it because I could not get chicken down. But I think I need a fill.

Hey, I would love to chat with you and compare strategies. Could you e-mail me at cwc632@aol.com. I would appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks - Carole

I still can't eat chicken or breads, and I got my 5th fill yesterday. Everytime I try chicken it just hurts and feels as if its just sitting in my chest turn over and over. So I don't eat chicken, glad my doctor doesn't feel the way yours does, or I would never get a fill.