Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

SNT - I think it's a great idea for those who have already lost over 100 lbs to mentor those of us who WANT to get there...:smile2:

I'd love to have a mentor once I get my surgery date...or even before that! :thumbup:

Ebony - I was playing with Jaime. We're LBT buddies; we even IM when we get the chance. But yes, it's great to know folks that have paved the way for help!!!

I am officially down 100 lbs! I'm sooooo excited!! Today was my Bandiversary and what a wonderful Bandiversary gift!! I've had many ups and downs but I love my band and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

GG - that's so exciting!!!!!!! CONGRATS! :embaressed_smile:

Hopefully I will be down around 100 in a year from now!

yourown - how did you lose 100 lbs. already if you got banded march 28? please share your secrets!!!

and congrats, of course!

I have tried to stick to a low carb diet as much as possible (including the pre & post-op stages) and I really watch my portions. I also do resistance/weight training everyday and walk about 30 miles a week. I'm not going to lie to you... It has been really hard to stay focused at times, but I'm going to get married after the first of the year and I really want to look my best.

yourown - how did you lose 100 lbs. already if you got banded march 28? please share your secrets!!!

and congrats, of course!

yourown - you have done an AMAZING job!:D

It sounds like you have a really consistent routine as far as exercise, and keeping it low carb certainly has worked for you! Did you have any issues like diabetes? I am a type II diabetic, and one of the reasons I want the band is to get off the meds and insulin. :crying:

My goal is to lose like you have - if you don't mind - did your loss start off fast and slow down? How tall are you? Do you have a lot of loose skin from losing the weight so fast, or did the exercise you are doing help with that?

Thanks for all the inspiration!:D

EbonyRose,

Read your post to Yourowndestiney - thought I'd add my 2cents worth. For me, the first few months the weight loss was faster. I've been struggling with the same pound for the past 10 days...but also I'm due for another fill - right now have the capacity to eat too much, too fast. After my fills I do well for a couple weeks, so I'm hopeful. But there are always plateaus, and the pounds never come off fast enough for me!

Good luck with your diabetes and getting off the meds. It worked for me! Within a couple months, I was completely off my meds. I was taking two oral meds and looking at insulin in the near future - now, I need nothing. It's wonderful!!

I log all my calories on thedailyplate.com. I also walk every day - about an hour all together. I don't watch carbs - just calories and make sure I get enough Protein. That usually means cutting back on carbs, so it works out that way.

And yes, my skin is getting saggy, but at my age, and starting out as big as I did, I believe that's inevitable. But, I'll take the saggy skin over the weight any day!!

Good luck w/ your journey!

Hi Lizalee,

You've made great progress - congratulations! I hope I am able to duplicate your results - I'd love to be off the meds a month or two after banding...

Thanks so much for the encouragement - I have found so much inspiration on this site that when I AM banded, I'm gonna be great!:tongue2:

I am so excited to be able to post that, as of today i have lost 100lbs since the starting of my journey. I want to mark my achievment. What have all of you done to Celebrate your loss?

I feel like crying...............

Ebony... I've never had any issues with Diabetes, but it does run in my family. I knew that I could lose weight doing low carb, because I have done Atkins before and lost weight. I just wasn't able to keep it off long term.

I am 5'9" and I lost weight alot quicker in the beginning. I still lose around 8-10 lbs a month, but I have a work harder to lose it now. I have still have some loose skin on my upper arms, inner thighs, and my lower abdomen area, but doing the resistence training every night is really helping to tone that up.

Stay focused... What you do everyday makes a big difference. Know why you are eating...Are you truely Hungry or are you just bored, lonely, or depressed. Create new healthy habits... Walking, Exercising, or anything physical. I kept track of my weight every week, because I was more motivated to know that I lost 2-4 lbs in a week than I was weighing myself everyday and only losing .5 lb a day.

Best of luck on your journey!!:thumbup:

yourown - you have done an AMAZING job!:D

It sounds like you have a really consistent routine as far as exercise, and keeping it low carb certainly has worked for you! Did you have any issues like diabetes? I am a type II diabetic, and one of the reasons I want the band is to get off the meds and insulin. :)

My goal is to lose like you have - if you don't mind - did your loss start off fast and slow down? How tall are you? Do you have a lot of loose skin from losing the weight so fast, or did the exercise you are doing help with that?

Thanks for all the inspiration!:drool: