Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Puree Food Ideas I Can Take On Vacation...

Supposed to start puree tomorrow but also leaving on a vacation to the lake for a week - there will be a kitchen in our cabin but not a store. Please please help me come up with some ideas for what in the world I can take and eat... don't want to lose an entire week but also ever so nervous of starting "food". Any ideas? Also I haven't told ANYONE in the fam I'm banded just that I'm on a dr. puree diet.

Supposed to start puree tomorrow but also leaving on a vacation to the lake for a week - there will be a kitchen in our cabin but not a store. Please please help me come up with some ideas for what in the world I can take and eat... don't want to lose an entire week but also ever so nervous of starting "food". Any ideas? Also I haven't told ANYONE in the fam I'm banded just that I'm on a dr. puree diet.

im assuming that you will have all amenities.. like power. take a blender with you. that way you can eat your veges... fruits. take yoghurt, fruit, fresh veges... some Soup stock. you wouldnt be on salads yet by the sounds of it.

Yes that's correct. I am supposed to be getting 50 grams Protein starting tomorrow and I think that's my big worry - what to eat? Breakfasts I can do a smoothie like you said or a Protein Drink but supposed to be working food back in and protein to boot... does chicken puree? Is that a stupid question? What other good pureeing protein is out there?

I've just been wondering what to take on vacation myself. I have a two day drive to get where I'm going and the temptation to indulge in slider foods has been a problem lately.

Lucky you to have access to a kitchen. When my children were babies I pureed everything from meat to cauliflower for them. meat needs a little juice to get it started, but pureed chicken with spices can be really good. I still like my Soups pureed as opposed to having big chunks of meat and vegetables because I like to sip Soup from a cup. Pureeing fruit is especially good if you add a little milk for a smoothie.

Yes that's correct. I am supposed to be getting 50 grams Protein starting tomorrow and I think that's my big worry - what to eat? Breakfasts I can do a smoothie like you said or a protein drink but supposed to be working food back in and protein to boot... does chicken puree? Is that a stupid question? What other good pureeing protein is out there?

a good question. yes, chicken should be good . what about turkey? beef? ... when i started on puree foods i just pureed meat and veges and added it to a beef broth. mind you, we were going into winter so it was fitting to have more thick Soups. i would just do the Soup thing... beef stock is great. ive added hot mashed potato to mine, ive added mild salsa... lots of things. i live in australia so most likely my diet is a bit different. but... purees are all the same wherever we are. i know that soups are boring but putting puree into them now would make a huge difference to the palate. Were you goign to feed salads to the rest of the family? i know its summer there and quite hot..

do you eat fish? you could cook up fish.. .puree it with low fat mayo and whatever else suits your tastes... in fact, you could do puree with any meats.. .including beef. beef would be great pureed with a little gravy in a beef broth.. things like that? i made up all my own meals... soups, thick soups, just made them thicker by adding more protein(meat) and carbs (veges) until i was on solids. its not hard ... just take what the family are having for the most part an puree that for yourself. if you are having b.b.q. you could do the meat from that and put into a broth.. make it nice and thick. im sure others will have lots of ideas for you as well. good luck with it all and let us know how the holiday went. judy

Right after a fill I have to eat pureed foods and my husband was going to eat the leftover Pot roast and veggies. So, I wouldn't feel bad he grabbed the blender, tossed in some meat/veggies and some more broth, he did heat it all up before he did it. And Voila.. you have pureed Potroast with all the trimmings!

We dry roast in a skillet onion/garlic/peppers/tomato which made a good base for tortilla Soup. Toss some grilled chicken in there with broth of course and you have a sort of tortilla soup.. add seasoning to taste.

You can pretty much puree anything! My Dad used to make full on reg meals for a close friend of the family who was terminally ill and pureed everything for her.

So take what you want from the cooked meals that are healthy enough, toss them in a blender with either veg/beef/chicken broth and your done!

Right after a fill I have to eat pureed foods and my husband was going to eat the leftover Pot roast and veggies. So, I wouldn't feel bad he grabbed the blender, tossed in some meat/veggies and some more broth, he did heat it all up before he did it. And Voila.. you have pureed Potroast with all the trimmings!

We dry roast in a skillet onion/garlic/peppers/tomato which made a good base for tortilla Soup. Toss some grilled chicken in there with broth of course and you have a sort of tortilla soup.. add seasoning to taste.

You can pretty much puree anything! My Dad used to make full on reg meals for a close friend of the family who was terminally ill and pureed everything for her.

So take what you want from the cooked meals that are healthy enough, toss them in a blender with either veg/beef/chicken broth and your done!

this is a really good practical post... if you follow this one you will do well.

A friend told me he bought a big can of beef stew(Dintys More) and blended it in beef stock so he could drink it from a cup. Sounds yummy.

My doctor had degrees of mushies. First week of mushies I could have greek yogurt (used hand blender to mince the fruit), low fat cottage/ricotta cheese (can add smooth spagetti sauce to make a nice Italian bake). Second week mushies I could have canned chicken and or tuna. I mixed that with low fat laughing cow cheese (tastes much better than may and has a lot less fat and calories). Even with mushies my doctor wanted me to weigh out 3 oz of Protein. So I would have brought a food scale with me. Remember mushies protein will still be pretty heavy even though it does'nt look like a lot on your plate.

Thank you I've got some great ideas and feel like it's possible now. THANK YOU!!!