Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Hit Green Zone, You'll Know It

I kept wondering, "am I in green zone", is this it yet" "how will I know". Then I had my third fill.....(first took me to 2cc, 2nd fill took me to 5 cc, third fill took me to 5.6 cc). At 5cc, I found it. I dont have to wonder what green zone it. I literally realized at 12:30 today that I hadnt eaten anything all day....still wasnt even that hungry. I ate 1/2 cup and was fine. I was able to walk past a try of chocolate and donuts and not even struggle. The hunger and thought of food just disappeared. It is so wonderful. I finally am not doubting this band. If it stays like this, I will drop all of this weight b/c it is so nice to remove the hunger and food obsession. What a blessing.

If you have to ask if you are in the green zone, I would argue that you are not. At least that is my experience so far!

Yes Green Zone is wonderful! I had some friends over today to lay out by the pool. I just came in at 5:00 and realized I hadn't had anything to eat or drink all day except Water. No hunger at all. I'm sitting here having my Protein Shake that I planned to have for lunch!!! Go Green!!!! lol

i love when i hit the green zone. it still amaze me how my hunger just disappears and i have no interest in food!

I kept wondering' date=' "am I in green zone", is this it yet" "how will I know". Then I had my third fill.....(first took me to 2cc, 2nd fill took me to 5 cc, third fill took me to 5.6 cc). At 5cc, I found it. I dont have to wonder what green zone it. I literally realized at 12:30 today that I hadnt eaten anything all day....still wasnt even that hungry. I ate 1/2 cup and was fine. I was able to walk past a try of chocolate and donuts and not even struggle. The hunger and thought of food just disappeared. It is so wonderful. I finally am not doubting this band. If it stays like this, I will drop all of this weight b/c it is so nice to remove the hunger and food obsession. What a blessing.

If you have to ask if you are in the green zone, I would argue that you are not. At least that is my experience so far![/quote']

I was green zone for the first 6 months. Now I am back in a state of constant obsession again. It's like I never had surgery. Am back on strict eating, under 1200 cals a day and losing again. Down 50, 50 to go. At almost 1 and 1/2 years. I hope to hit goal by end of 2nd year. Fearful ill not keep it off...

My question: how do I get back into the green zone once the effects wore off.

Easy: get a fill. I get .1 cc when my tightness wears off.

This is a GREAT post for a newbie like me!! What you said really brought the idea of "green zone" home for me. Thanks

I was green zone for the first 6 months. Now I am back in a state of constant obsession again. It's like I never had surgery. Am back on strict eating, under 1200 cals a day and losing again. Down 50, 50 to go. At almost 1 and 1/2 years. I hope to hit goal by end of 2nd year. Fearful ill not keep it off...

My question: how do I get back into the green zone once the effects wore off.

I have heard the band loses a small amount every year and most people have to go once or two a year and get a slight fill. Perhaps that is the case for you? Maybe schedule a visit and get s slight fill and see if the band starts working for you again. Sorry to hear you are struggling again. Call that Dr and tell him what is happening and I am sure they can get you back to that feeling.

Easy: get a fill. I get .1 cc when my tightness wears off.

I haven't ever had tightness from after the first few weeks. Monthly fills for a year. Now trying to maintain.

I am so glad to read this post!!

It's hard being someone who is stuck at The very beginning of a 6 month diet and hearing so many negatives and issues with the band. Sometimes I forget why I decided to get it, and this reminded me. Thank.you!

I will change that up just a little....many people experience restriction for the first time, and automatically think they're in that "Green Zone" only to find 4 weeks later they're complaining how they are always hungry.

When I had my last fill, I was getting stuck left and right, 2-3 times a day. It took me at least 4-6 weeks after that to get things straightened out, like my eating techniques, types of food, learning when to stop eating, listening to my band if I am truly hungry or not, and if I should or should not eat, and most of all...Am I satisfied!!!!

If you are not pleased with what is happening, then you are not there yet.

Anyhow, even though I had good restriction, it did not mean I was automatically in the zone. It took a while to find that "Groove". Then I was happy, then I was in the Green Zone and have been for some time now.

I will never need another fill. The journey is complete and I am now in an entirely new phase.

What is green zone?

What is green zone?

Google it for lap band. There is a graph showing it too. It is when you are no longer hungry and can be satisfied on 2-3 1/2 cup meals a day with no snacking and still don't have complications of being overfilled. It is where most weight is lost.

Google it for lap band. There is a graph showing it too. It is when you are no longer hungry and can be satisfied on 2-3 1/2 cup meals a day with no snacking and still don't have complications of being overfilled. It is where most weight is lost.

Thank you! I was curious about that myself.