Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

Yes he used to. Cat puts on a pretty big shin-dig in texas. We actually get passes to the hospitality booth each year. You have Breakfast with the Cat 22 driver, then get to tour the pits. It is really interesting. We have some awesome upclose pics of the cars and crews. Where we camp, we usually go to the infield on saturday night and hang out in the drivers section (basically stalk the entrance/exit). We have met Jimmy Johnson, Sterling Marlin (his is an ass$%#), Ward Burton, Dale Jarrett and a few others.

It is fairly inexpensive for us because of the tickets that Cat gives us and all the other tickets (ie. busch, outlaw and truck) we "expense" on my husbands work account. We do take 1 customer of his who is a very good friend. Anyway we own a travel trailer so our camp site is only $150 for the whole week. The track is in a "dry" county so we get to bring a 14"x14" cooler per person. We bring lots of beer, and lunch/snacks so for the most part it's cheap. We always go overboard though on the t-shirts, hats etc.... what can I say?

I'm glad to see some fellow NASCAR fans on here. DH & I are season ticket holders to Kansas Speedway, and so far that's the only live racing I've seen. My favorite driver is Tony Stewart, who is also the hubby's favorite.

I only have a few driver's that I don't like...I just enjoy watching racing. I finally had to break down and get Dish Network just so I could get the SPEED channel.

We always have parties for Daytona and usually for the fall Bristol race, because it's usually right around the hubby's birthday. We also do a family race pool every year, with everyone picking a driver & whoever gets the most points wins the pot. Hubby always takes Tony, so I have to pick someone else to cheer for...this year I have Reed Sorenson. I decided to just pick a rookie...since I always just end up donating my money anyway. It doesn't hurt of course that he's a cute kid.

Has anyone ever bought one of those racing cake kits? I've thought about it a few times for hubby's BDay, but didn't know if they'd really turn out that nice.

I CANT BELIEVE JIMMY JOHNSON WON TODAY.........I was pulling for anyone except Hendrick camp. Not many wrecks today, it is like hockey the more fights the better the game, the more wrecks the better the action. I like the shorter tracks and of course im all for the "Restrictor Plate" races. Well on to Alanta next week. I have all kinds of Dale Jr. stuff too. We try to buy new t-shirts every year, waiting until I get small to buy me a jacket. I even deck out the car with Dale Jr stuff.:clap2: :clap2:

I can't believe he won either!!! I can't stand him.. Actually I don't care for any of the Hendrick drivers either, I really can't stand Kyle Busch, what a punk(Smokes gonna get him yet!!) Tacwoman, I almost cried when they said Dale Jr was too fast on pit raod... I didn't agree with pitting for tires with three to go in the first place, then when he got the speeding penalty to the end of the longest line, well... lets just say there was some cussing goin' on at my house... 13th would of been a great finish for him there, oh well, one of the things that I like best about Dale Jr is that he's not a big wuss who doesn't take chances on stuff like that.. I've gotta go to Bristol sometime, I live only a few hours away in Tennessee, but never been to a race there.. Been to Daytona, Atlanta and Taladega, but never to Bristol.. I hear its an awesome track to go to..

Hi everybody, this is a great thread, except for one thing.....am I the ONLY Jeff Gordon fan??? Oh, I love Jimmie Johnson too, he's way cute! My husband has been to Michigan before he met me, he stayed in the infield and says it is AWESOME. I have never been to a race, SOMEDAY...

I think Bristol would be the one to go to, I love night races and I love small tracks.

So many Stewart fans on here, I better hold my tongue!! Kasey Kahne is adorable! I hope Mark Martin can win the championship before he retires, he deserves it. Anybody miss Rusty??? NOT!

Great to find others to talk with!!

I was a big Gordan fan when he first started out, but then I soured on him (over-exposure, I guess) he's okay I guess.. Jimmie Johnson just seems to be a kiss a** to me... He is cute though... Kasey is a cutie! Wonder if he's still dating Terry Labonte's daughter? That was last year or the year before I think? I would like for Mark to win the Championship too! I like Tony because he's such a jerk! It cracks me up that he just says whats on his mind..... There's always gotta be guys like Tony to keep things interesting! I miss Rusty a little, he always had something to whine, err talk about!

I miss Rusty a little, he always had something to whine, err talk about!

Too funny cuz it's so true!!

I think Jeff Gordon has kind of lost his edge or something, he is definately not as ummm....what's the word I'm looking for.....dependable as he used to be? I think he may have too much going on being a car owner and stuff like that, when he just focused on driving he was much better. Last year was the first year he was not in the top ten in points! Anyway.....It was fun watching him and Dale Sr. in the mid to late 90's. They seemed to dominate.

Yes those battles with Dale Sr. were great! That's probably when I soured on Gordon, he was messing with my man Earnhardt! NASCAR is still not the same without him... Though Tony seems to enjoy stepping into the "intimidator" spot (not that anyone could ever replace Dale Sr.). He's got little Kyle Busch shaking in his shoes! That cracks me up, because I just can't stand those Busch boys! Hopefully Gordon and Dale Jr will both be in the top ten this year, it was no fun for me without them last year...

That was quite a race would have liked to see Kenseth win the race but made it a good race at the end. Kasey Kahne is the one I would like to see do more, nascar is talking about putting a track here in Wa and it would only be about 40 miles from where I live. Did any one watch the bush race Kasey won that one. I don't care who wins just love to watch them race

Congrats to all the Kasey fans him winning the Busch race! :clap2:

I got a sick feeling in my stomach with JJ won the Nextel race though. :sick Does anyone else hear a GIANT sucking sound when he talks into the mic? Sorry, no disrespect to anyone that is a fan....it's just the way I feel. One thing about Nascar fans....we all feel strongly about our drivers.

Now....I think Tony should do what Jimmy Spencer did to Kurt and punch Kyle in the chops!! :brick:Does anyone remember that? It wasn't until Jimmy did that to Kurt that he settled down. O.K., I don't really condone fighting, but he sure made me mad. :angry Tony has complained about Kyle "over-driving" which Tony has been guilty many times, but Tony was justified to be angry for Kyle not running his line and pushing him down on the track. :):mmph: I thought it was hilarious that Kyle wanted someone to contact Nascar b/c Tony was trying to "kill" him. Oh, the rookies have so much to learn.

I do wish Tony would do a better job at staying calm though b/c he was responsible for his own fate and could have finished better. I have a temper so I know it's easier said than done. Poor Tony.....wish I could give me a big kiss and make it better and I mean that. :eyebrows: My DH already knows. He's in love with Shania Twain.

It's nice to see all the Nascar fans post, even if your not a Smoke fan. Nascar is still a big family regardless of your driver.

It's nice to see all the Nascar fans post, even if your not a Smoke fan. Nascar is still a big family regardless of your driver.

I totally agree. Besides, it is fun to go back and forth about the drivers and try to "one up" each other, until it gets nasty, then it has to stop because people really can get worked up! Just like when they race, they get mad at each other on the track and the next day their buddies again, well some of them anyway!!

Yup....there never a bad discussion if your talking Nascar.

Boogity....Boogity....Boogity.....Let's go racin' boys!!!

Everybody Revved up for Hotlanta!? Oh, no I just went to NASCAR.com after typing the Hotlanta sentence (to see about qualifying) and saw where Bobby Hamilton Sr. has neck cancer! He is quitting racing to have the treatment. I hate to see that. We just lost my uncle in September to Lung Cancer, its horrible! Well, now I'm bummed... I'll definitely keep Bobby in my prayers...:pray:

Talk to everyone on Monday, Go Dale JR!!!

From One Fan to Another! I can't wait for SUNDAY! Seems like life gets so busy and we really look forward to the race. So we will place our family bets on who is going to when.. and get ready to hear those famous words..

GENTLE MEN START YOUR ENGINES...........

And wait to here D.W. say........ BOOGITY....BOOGITY.....BOOGITY .. LET'S GO RACIN BOY'S!!!!!