Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

I agree with all of you. Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the old days just for one race and see what would happen? I bet there would be a lot more pushing and punches thrown. Why do you think Britsol is one of the hottest tracks of the season? :D

Missed the comments about Kurt's ears. Kevin is such a hoot.:dance:

Martinsville sure will be interesting.....we'll see who still has hurt feelings.

post-203981-13813133265135_thumb.jpg

post-205997-13813133049694_thumb.gif

I see Busch and Kevin Harvick coming to blows before too long... if things keep going as they have been. Maybe Harvick will "box his ears!" I miss the good ole days too! They are men, I say let um' duke it out like the Allisons and Cale Yarborough! NASCAR is trying to become too politically correct and sophisticated. They are trying to appeal to other markets to the detriment of its birth-place, the SOUTH where we like it down-n dirty! Okay, I'll step off my red-neck soap box now... I bet they don't do anything to Gordon either...

Good Article.. I had to re-read all those interviews with Dale Jr. and DW about the loss of his dad (links at bottom of article). I'm still sad about losing him.... I notice that your man is in two of those rivalries missy.. I must admit that I was a Jeff Gordon fan when he first started, but when he starting messing with my man Earnhardt Sr. and beating him.. that's when I began to dislike him. I'll never forget being at Daytona and hearing Earnhardt Sr. on the scanner telling his spotter to "tell that little SOB (Gordon) that if he doesn't stop getting me loose he's gonna re-gret it". Those were the days!

That was a very good article ( ahem... go ford)! I remember when Dale Sr. died, my husband and I were at the airport in Houston catching a flight to Vegas. I was about 4 months pregnant. I remember seeing it on CNN and I just sat in the chair and cried! Talk about emotions!

WOOOHOOOO! Way to Go Tony and Dale Jr! What a race! I was totally bummed out when Junior got his car all banged up on lap 2, but man did he make a come-back! Glad to see Tony out-run the Hendrick bunch... I was so afraid that Johnson and the shrub would be one-two... Hated to see Kasey have problems, he woulda been right up there.

Loved the race, but then I'm a huge "Smoke" fan. He stayed cool and prevailed. I love to watch him climb the fence after the race. It's getting to be his trademark, although he did say one day "I'm getting too dam fat to be climbing fences". He needs to stay out of McDonalds, but he's still a cutie. Loved seeing him win.

That was an awesome race! Way to hold off the Hendrick bunch. I don't which I can't stand more, Gordon or Johnson. What an awesome job for Jr. and Stewart! Poor Jr's car took one heck of a beating. I guess I am biased, but I just don't like short tracks. I am way too excited for Texas this weekend! It is going to be 84-86 degrees in Dallas! Another awesome race weekend! Watch for us in the "Catepillar" Section (usually that ugly yellow)! I will be thinking about you ladies and lets hope Roush Racing wins. Did you know that Texas has never had a repeat winner? I think Mark Martin deserves it. He won the first race there! :)

I am so excited for Tony and love the fencing climbing (they could have shown it live)!! I was so nervous that I actually got hives, just a few, during the race. :nervous I was tense b/c every time Tony has led the most laps, something has happened to keep him from winning....not this time!! And how about that Jr? :clap2: If he hadn't been banged up, he may have taken the win. I can't believe he had such a tremendous comeback....great job on his part and his crew. I think his spotter was sleeping a couple of times. :notagree

I'm thankful the Hendrick camp didn't win....that "shrub" and Johnson is getting old. That's all you see in the news and papers it seems like....maybe it's just me. Except for last week with the Gordon incident. DW was quick to call it "old school". We know he would die b4 he would say that on behalf of Tony. Oh well, it is what it is.

Karen ~ We'll be looking for yellow on Sunday. Be sure and wave at the camera. :) :heh: I'm jealous....enoy the weather and the race. :scared:

They shoulda showed Tony climbing the fence live, what idiots! You watch the whole race and they decide to show 10 minutes of commercials instead of showing the winnner... About DW.. did you hear his comment before the race when they were talking about all the boos for Kurt Busch and others during drivers intro? It was something very dismissive like, "well we know how fans are". That really rubbed me the wrong way! If it weren't for us fans, has a$$ wouldn't have a job. I like him, but sometimes that old cocky smart-mouth from the 80s-90s comes out and I'd like to punch him! Yep, I'm over the Busch, Shrub, Johnson stuff... I find myself spending more time cheering against them than for the folks I like....Have fun in Texas Karen! I'll be watching for you.. hold a big ole LBT sign up for us! I hope Dale Jr. is the first repeat winner at Texas... cause he won his first Busch race and his first Winston race there... Go Dale JR!!! (Wouldn't Mind seeing Mark win either...)

Well, looks like I am the lone Hendrick fan and Non-Stewart fan (to put it gently), so I'm going say goodbye to this thread. It's not so much fun to read stuff hating on your guy whenever I come back to see what's going on here. See you guys! Enjoy the season!! Good luck to all your favorites.

Don't leave missy4gordon! You gotta jump in here and put us in our places if we're being offensive to your team. If somebody was talking about Dale Jr., I sure would! Believe me, I know Tony can be an a$$, but thats a big reason why I find him soo appealing, he says whats on his mind and isn't gonna apologize for it... Like I said before, Gordon is okay, its just Johnson and the Shrub that I don't care for... See, you should take this opportunity to make up nicknames that aren't so flattering for our guys......I always like to hear other peoples perspectives! Re-consider?? PLEASE!:ban: :party: :party: Plus, I'm sure there are some lurkers out there that like the Hendricks teams??? Anyone??....

Thanks Kim! I'm not offended AT ALL, I just don't really have anything in common with the Tony people to talk about, know what I mean? It is hard to explain. It is SO ok that people don't like Gordon or whoever, but I don't have much to say when you all are STEWART fans! Just kidding, anyway I'm gonna stick around, I'm done pouting about it! Sorry about that, I don't know what made me post that. Feel free to say what you want about who you want, I will not be offended, and if I am...SO WHAT! I will fire back from now on, with sarcasm and humor, nothing serious!!! Sorry for being stupid, now on to the little pet names......

Tony, in our house we refer to him as "Crybaby Stewart".

Rusty was Crusty.

I will try to think of more, this is fun! P.S. Why do you call Tony Smoke, where did that come from?

Yeah! I'm glad you are staying.. We woulda missed you... You'll have to ask one of the major Tony fans about the Smoke name, cause I got no idea, and actually I wondered the same thing myself.... Funny, I always called Rusty crybaby and for a while I called J.Gordon whiney... Guess we all evolve in our opinions...I do think that J.Gordon whines (he's a little nasally), but I'm also a big enough girl to admit that he's a hottie! I actually think Jimmie Johnson is cute too, just that he's too much of a goody-too-shoes for me, I guess. Do you guys ever vote on the Fox Sports Sexiest Driver award thingy? Dale Jr. won last year, and I have to say that as much as I love him, HE IS NOT THE SEXIEST driver in Nascar(most poplular yes, but most sexy nun-huh). Every year Kasey Kahne gets screwed out of that deal because all the Jr and J. Gordon fans vote for whoever is against Kasey so that Jr and J. Gordon won't have to face him (they have it set up in a bracket kind of like a play-off thing). Right now the voting is for Elliott Sadler versus Kasey Kahne and Elliott is ahead with 80-something percent. NOW COME ON!!! Elliott seems like a nice guy but sexier than KASEY? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! But if Elliott beats him, Gordon will win the bracket.. I just wish it was a fair representation... But hey, when your rich and famous and doing what you love to do, do you really care if you are voted Sexiest?? Dale Jr. seemed to be pretty embarrassed about the whole thing last year when they presented him their little award.... He seems really shy, which is one of the reasons I like him so much.... Anyway, here's a link to the voting if anyone is interested....http://http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5340936

Okay enough of this girly talk, don't want to scare any guys who may be lurking away from this thread (I'm sure they are rolling their eyes and groaning ... sexiest , like it matters!!!) Its NOT ALL ABOUT HORSEPOWER GUYS!!!