Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BMI 32 lookng for inexpensive surgeon

Hi all!!!

Please help...

Does anyone know of the best and least expensive doctor in any country (less than $8000.) I am new to LBT and have a low BMI of 30-32. I have been considering surgery for about a year but found that that my BMI was too low for surgery in the US because I don't have other complications. I read that many surgeons in Mexico will treat low BMI patients with prices from $8000-$12000. If any one can suggest the best doctor for low bmi and low cost for cash patients. I know about the added cost for follow up care or air fair. I feel a little hopeless with the BMI and financial restrictions so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I went to Dr. Huacuz in TJ-Mexico. I don't know what his rates are now, but this is what I paid back in August 2005....

$100.00 deposit to hold my Inamed band and surgery date.

$6700.00 the day of the surgery which included hospital stay for one night and hotel stay for 2 nights (I opted to stay at the hotel only one night and had them take me to San Diego to stay the second night) for me and a companion which was my mom.

I think my airfare was like $300.00 round trip at the time, and I didn't have to buy any food!!

Of course my fill with the US doctor was $355.00, so make sure what you can afford to pay for the after care. I have only had one fill so far, only due to the distance I have to travel to get there. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to find the time to go, it is around a 5 hour drive one way. Anyway, this was what I paid and I LOVED Dr. Huacuz. He is awesome.

Good luck with your decision!!!

Mexico or another country is probably your only option with that low of a BMI. How can you have a BMI or 30-32... there is about 30 lbs difference between the two numbers.

I reccomend DR.HUACUZ in Tijuana mexico. the prices are competetive. THE SERVICE IS THE BEST. I hope you will call and talk with the doctors themselves. dr. romero was so nice on the phone. it was talking to him that made me decide to go to DR. HUACUZ instead of another popular doctor in the area. I think this is the best thing ive ever done for myself. you will adore all the people in DR. HUACUZ`S surgical center. I always feel like im going to see my mexico family. really they are so warm and kind. I also never had any nausea or pain after the surgery. they give you great meds. I hope you will call dr. huacuz. he is a totally cute too. that never hurts. cat

Hey, I had a bmi of 32 too, and I used Dr. Sanchez. $8000.00 and then my airline tickets. Email me if you have any questions. :confused:

Mexico or another country is probably your only option with that low of a BMI. How can you have a BMI or 30-32... there is about 30 lbs difference between the two numbers.

I have a bmi of 32.2 now but I've been fluctuating between 30-32 through the last 10 years as I have struggled with my weight. I have gotten down to 30 but I always end up fighting at 32.

Thanks for all of the responces I have been reading alot about Dr Sanchez all tha postings I have read seem more than happy with their experience. I'll check into Dr. Huacuz. Thanks for the into insite regarding cost I had thought of the fact that cheaper might mean inferior until I saw a program called the secret lives of women that showed a person that went to Thailand for a sex change operation because it was less exspensive so I thought I should search for international surgery because I only have about $6,000 for the initial surgery. I want to have the safest experience possible so I'll keep my eyes open.

US doctors WILL operate on low BMI patients. My BMI was 30 on my surgery day, and Dr. Felix Spiegel in Houston banded me.

I hear that the Wish Center in San Antonio is doing banding for about $8,500 if you are interested in the US. Please do not feel that Mexico is your only option if you are a low-BMI patient.

ha ha ha ha :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

Looooooooooong story. I think there is a thread back from last summer on it. Really frustrated the hell out of me. They don't have the best reputation. They are more involved with "quantity" (and yes, they TOLD me that!!) is what I was told on the phone. Got about the same dumbass answers from Phoenix as well as Chicago Wish Centers. From that point on.... they don't touch my dog. He takes his business elsewhere.