Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Estimated Time Ur Off Work

Curious as to how many days most of u were off for this surgery I have a job im not going to be able to have alot of time off due to my wedding coming up where alot of my days r scheduled off for please let me know Thanks!!

I took a week and enjoyed vthe recovery time. I now feel 95% and ready to return to work. I know people who had the surgery on a Thursday and returned to work on a Tuesday.

i have a desk job and a very nosey boss, so the day of my surgery(thursday) i called in with a Migraine and went back to work the next day(Friday)....mind you i was very blotted and had my husband drive me to work but i was fine to sit all day. my worst time was at night because i sleep on my stomach which of course was not possible. dont try to lay flat and use lots of pillows when you sleep. just remember to listen to your body. good luck and congrats on the wedding

I went back to work in 6 days. I felt well enough to go back in 4 days. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!!

I took a week off mainly bc I had a hiatal hernia repaired.

I took a week off because I am a cosmetologist and that requires me to stand all day and have my arms raised up all day. I really enjoyed a week off. Taking that time off it gives you a chance to learn how to pack food for your work day. I am six months out and always have food packed every day for work. If you don't have the right options for you can make bad choices. I got stuck once at work and that is something I don't want to happen ever again at work!!!!!

i have a desk job and a very nosey boss, so the day of my surgery(thursday) i called in with a Migraine and went back to work the next day(Friday)....mind you i was very blotted and had my husband drive me to work but i was fine to sit all day. my worst time was at night because i sleep on my stomach which of course was not possible. dont try to lay flat and use lots of pillows when you sleep.

You... are hard freaking core. My boss is awesome, but nosy as well... Hubby and I are having a discussion right now whether or not I let her know why I'm asking for the time off of work and fill out the FMLA paperwork as well (she'll make me, she did for my tonsillectomy/UPPP as well), or if I just take a week or so of vacation time and keep it to myself. She already knows I'm on a diet, so I don't think she'll really notice when I'm progressing from liquids to mushies to solids.

I do have a question for you though, when you say don't sleep flat, do you prop up with pillows? I have a wedge I bought for when I had the tonsillectomy, and I could use that. It's uncomfortable as heck but should work. Just curious.

I took two weeks and appreciated the whole time. It usually takes a week for me to recover from the anaesthetic. (And I have a desk job...)

I am a RN. I traveled to San Diego from Illinois on a Monday, had surgery on Tuesday afternoon, flew back home on Wednesday night, and went back to work on Friday. No problem!!

I returned to work today after surgery on the 8th and feel great!!! Good news, I was even less hungry while at work and getting fluids (water and Protein drink) was easier than ever!

I have a physical job, and need the Dr. to sign off on lifting 50 pounds, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc for part of each day. His nurse said she thought it would be four weeks. I have the time.... Viewing it as recovery and 3 weeks off with my kids.

Duckydoom, yes prop yourself up, laying flat made my stomach feel very tight and it was hard to sit myself up without discomfort. When is your surgery scheduled for?

I'm not sure yet - hopefully I find out this week or early next week, I've done all of the prep tests and evals and gotten a 100% good to go from the insurance company, the doc just has to review my info and tell me when I'm good to go. I'm assuming in mid to late July though.

I had the surgery on Friday and was back to work on Monday. I have a desk job, but do have to get up and walk around throughout the day.

I made sure to fill out the FMLA paperwork prior to my surgery just in case I needed to take advantage of it. But everything went well.

Best of luck to you