Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1600-2000 Calories And I Still Lost Weight

Hi guys! So I'm going in to the doc today for a fill. I've been eating a lot lately like 1600 calories and even two days this past week with 2000! I felt horrible about it but was starving. I've been using my fitness pal and been trying to make good choices (I succeed 90% of the time Id say). I've ramped up my exercise a little more too with biking and walking 3-5 times a week. Anyway after eating like this I actually dropped a couple pounds after a slow few weeks. Weird! Thoughts?

I don't want to rain on your parade but we can all lose or gain a few lbs a day just by our food choices, medications or other bodily functions. I was at 188 4 days ago. I'm now up to 192 and it's all because I chose to eat too much fruit and consumed a lot of sodium. So my body is holding back Fluid or, it was shedding a lot of Fluid just 4-5 days ago. Don't look at the scale as a day to day win or loss. Maybe look at it weekly or monthly?

You can consume 2000 calories a day and if you exercise and have a fairly active lifestyle you may burn 2500 calories a day. You burn 500 more than you took in. It takes 3500 calories burned to lose 1 lb. So at the end of the week you will have lost 1 lb. But that one pound could be elusive if you ate too many carbs or too much sodium and your body is retaining Water. See what I mean?

tmf

I was very hungry before my first fill also. Try not to eat large portions, eat smaller meals more often so you dont do any stretching of the area above the band which will make it not work. Eat protien Snacks also like cottage cheese and greek yogart and string cheese. Those will help with the hunger. You are in banster hell and it will get better with the hunger. It is cool you still lost weight.

I never needed to drop below 1500 - im 5 ft 10 and a runner, i just didnt need to go as low as many others

im eating just over 1200 a day and im not walking or exercising.. just around the house and im losing but its slow. i dont mind that though. it suits me well. im having another fill next week. im noticing that my meals are slightly increasing in size though.. next weeks fill should nip that in the bud. i expect to have to go onto liquids and mushies for about ten days afterwoods. im very touchy after a fill.

Thanks for the thoughts guys! So Much Fun- you're not "raining on my parade" as you called it...I'm certainly not bragging or proud, just found it odd and wanted some input and conversation. I'm also well aware that weight can fluctuate and the 3500 calories contained in a pound. I believe you were on my back on another thread I posted. Where's the love man? I just need encouagement. Thanks to the rest of you that posted in a conversational style, without judgement...I got a fill today. It wasn't my first. It brought me up to 6ccs in my 10 cc band. I think it will help me get to that green zone. Still, I've lost abou 32lbs and was banded 3/23/12

Hunny,

I think you're reading something between the lines that never existed. I just posted information, no judgement here.

tmf

So much fun,

I apologize...Just a little grouchy yesterday. :)

Thanks for the thoughts guys! So Much Fun- you're not "raining on my parade" as you called it...I'm certainly not bragging or proud' date=' just found it odd and wanted some input and conversation. I'm also well aware that weight can fluctuate and the 3500 calories contained in a pound. I believe you were on my back on another thread I posted. Where's the love man? I just need encouagement. Thanks to the rest of you that posted in a conversational style, without judgement...I got a fill today. It wasn't my first. It brought me up to 6ccs in my 10 cc band. I think it will help me get to that green zone. Still, I've lost abou 32lbs and was banded 3/23/12[/quote']

Good 4 u honeybee never feel bad for the good that u do,u post everytime it not only helps u but it helps us too! U go girl!☺☺☺???ƒ

if you have been eating right for a while and very regular intervals between meals your metabolism has probably been reset a bit. you can intake more calories without your body feeling the need to store them. it is important to get back on track, but i think sometimes when people are in a plateau it is important to increase calories a little cause your body is storing because it thinks it is starving. it is a good sign that you have made a lot of good choices to increase your metabolism. keep up the good work!

if you have been eating right for a while and very regular intervals between meals your metabolism has probably been reset a bit. you can intake more calories without your body feeling the need to store them. it is important to get back on track, but i think sometimes when people are in a plateau it is important to increase calories a little cause your body is storing because it thinks it is starving. it is a good sign that you have made a lot of good choices to increase your metabolism. keep up the good work!

i agree with the above post. my weight loss happens in a quick spurt and then it just stops. (ive just lost about four pounds in about two days.) i try to vary my intake by as much as 300 calories some days... maybe a little more. In fact im never just on a specific number of calories. if i were i would never lose any weight at all. ive bought the book..' the four hour body''.. but havent read it yet. its supposed to be very good.

I just started that book, too, judych! Ferris is not only a smart guy, but also just crazy enough to use himself as a lab rat to try all sorts of things. Better him than me. ;)

I just started that book, too, judych! Ferris is not only a smart guy, but also just crazy enough to use himself as a lab rat to try all sorts of things. Better him than me. ;)

i agree benty lol. do you think the book is a good guide ??

i agree benty lol. do you think the book is a good guide ??

...brenty.. lol.

...brenty.. lol.

Bret, Brad, bread, Bert -- whatever. I've been called a lot worse, too. ;)