Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm New, Getting My Band Tomorrow, June 8!

Hello everyone! I've been hanging out on this site since I was approved for my surgery in April. It's been a long preparation, but finally, tomorrow's the big day! Surgery's at 9:00 a.m., and I can't wait to be on the recovery side of this amazing journey! I love how positive everyone is on this site, how helpful the advice is, how supportive the posts are, and I'm excited that I've found it. Is anyone else getting banded on June 8th? We might be band twins! Be in touch and tell me what to expect tomorrow afternoon - is the pain horrible? Tolerable?

:D

the only concern I had was gas, have some Gas X at home and get up and move around when you can it will help. Good luck

Lassie

Congratulations and best wishes for tomorrow. I had only discomfort with the band, never pain. As for the gas pains, walking is the best remedy! Thr Gas X did nothing for me in that area! See you on the other side!!!!!

Thanks, you two...that sounds like a common problem afterwards. Glad to hear it's not too bad.

Take care -

Band twins hehe how cute! Best wishes I am sure you will do great!

Congrats and speedy recovery

Good luck! I'm just getting started on this long journey (which seems like its taking forever). Let me know how everything works out.

Hey everyone, thanks for the well wishes. The procedure went perfectly yesterday, and I feel so good. I really expected my pain to be worse, but it's not that bad. Very little problem with gas buildup (yay for Gas X strips and liquid pain meds). I've been up and around, happily walking around my house and loving on my family. Had my first "real" food in 5 days - a cup of Protein shake. Tasted so good and I was full super fast.

Anyway, for those of you starting the journey, I wish you all the best and if I can answer any questions please let me know! For those of you already banded who offered your support, thank you and bless you! Keep up the great work. I'm proud to be a "fellow bandster!"

D

Glad to hear it went so well!! Best of luck to you.

Glad to hear you are feeling better

Woot Woot you are of to a great start.

lassie

Day 2 post-op - yesterday afternoon and evening was a little rough, my incisions and tummy hurt pretty badly, but once I got some pain meds going, I felt better. At bed time, I used an ice pack on my incisions and it felt SOOOO good! That plus a little liquid Rx pain medicine did the trick and I slept like a baby. Still some gas issues, plan to do a fair amount of walking today to alleviate that. The gas is better than it was yesterday. SO excited about this change in my life and I can't believe how wonderful everyone on this site is - supportive, positive, encouraging. Thanks to all of you who have commented and checked in with me :) D

:) :) :) :)