Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Gastric Plication

Carolina--Well, it goes without saying that you can b!tch all you want and we're here to listen! Lol

Ps: I'm alternating right now between excited like wow I'm gonna lose this weight and nervous like yikes they're folding my stomach in and putting a band on it! Also, there's the anxiety of what my new life will be like/feel like after the procedure.

Carolina--Well' date=' it goes without saying that you can b!tch all you want and we're here to listen! Lol

Ps: I'm alternating right now between excited like wow I'm gonna lose this weight and nervous like yikes they're folding my stomach in and putting a band on it! Also, there's the anxiety of what my new life will be like/feel like after the procedure.[/quote']

So feeling the exact same thing.... Like ya too the words out of my mouth. I feel like time is slower.. Ready to end the day and get some sleep.. Night!

You are going to love it! I was banded with plication on 4/16 and am down 25 lbs. I have had one fill and have found no problems with eating anything, in moderation of course. I ate 1/2 of a kids meal last night and was stuffed. The first few days were a little rough, but it's easy once you get past that. It just takes a little more thinking when I eat.

I was really concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat things that I love, I was having anxiety about it. But that hasn't been the case, when I'm craving something I just have a bite or two and that's enough. You'll do great!

You are going to love it! I was banded with plication on 4/16 and am down 25 lbs. I have had one fill and have found no problems with eating anything' date=' in moderation of course. I ate 1/2 of a kids meal last night and was stuffed. The first few days were a little rough, but it's easy once you get past that. It just takes a little more thinking when I eat.

I was really concerned that I wouldn't be able to eat things that I love, I was having anxiety about it. But that hasn't been the case, when I'm craving something I just have a bite or two and that's enough. You'll do great![/quote']

Wow! That is great!! Congrats! I'm really nervous about that first week but reading this has really helped. I think this pre op diet is so hard! But I'm sticking to it and I'm down 8.5 pounds in 2 days... Only 91.5 to go!!!

Have you started exercising? I think it's 6-8 weeks until much other than walking, right?

that is great trac. i am so glad to hear that. i also like the fact that there is no cutting of my stomach at all.

i read some stuff on another band basher website and they said awful things about this......that the stomach dies because it's folded over a d other (stupid stuff). i think that if my dr didnt think i could handle this, he wouldnt do it.

i am so positive and so gungho and so sure i am to be a success that no neg thoughts or thinking are entering my mind. nope--its not allowed. no trespassing

day 4 of all liquids for me.

doing well. hub made me some broth before he left.

i went for my mani/pedi and worried about my stomach the whole time.

PLEASE DONT GO........sounds like an old kc and the sunshine band song.

bout to go out and work on my tan

Carolina- I just came back from the spa too! Great way to pass time on this pre op diet!

Carolina and Shy glad to hear you both are doing so good. Yep, the preop diet is the pits but 3-4 days after sugrery when you stand on that scale you are going to look around to show it off..You will drop weight like a rock ! Enjoy. I know it is tough and you know why the liquid diet. My doctor did let me eat a stalk of celery once a day but it is hard - the absolute worst part. It is so nice to see you supporting each other..Try to stay busy, it does help the time go by quicker and gets your mind of your tummy and how hungry it is....

Melinda in Florida - waiting for Tropical Storm Beryl due here tomorrow !!!! WOO HOO

hey short..........thanks for the encouraging words. means alot. i am on day 4 of all liquid......doing well.....hoping i can succeed at this and everyone else who is getting the band.

its want power..........i want to be healthy

Good luck to everyone having their surgeries next week. I must admit, I was much more anxious, nervous, and hesitant about this than other appear to be. I have my first regular appt on the 5th for a "fill", but I am losing weight and not too hungry - is a fill still needed? This is all very new to me... I must also say thank you to everyone here for your support - it has been so nice to listen, ask questions and be able to see that others have the same questions, concerns and frustrations. I appreciate all of you! Melinda, you especially have been great!!

Good luck to everyone having their surgeries next week. I must admit, I was much more anxious, nervous, and hesitant about this than other appear to be. I have my first regular appt on the 5th for a "fill", but I am losing weight and not too hungry - is a fill still needed? This is all very new to me... I must also say thank you to everyone here for your support - it has been so nice to listen, ask questions and be able to see that others have the same questions, concerns and frustrations. I appreciate all of you! Melinda, you especially have been great!!

I dont live to far from you!!

Tam

Good luck to everyone having their surgeries next week. I must admit' date=' I was much more anxious, nervous, and hesitant about this than other appear to be. I have my first regular appt on the 5th for a "fill", but I am losing weight and not too hungry - is a fill still needed? This is all very new to me... I must also say thank you to everyone here for your support - it has been so nice to listen, ask questions and be able to see that others have the same questions, concerns and frustrations. I appreciate all of you! Melinda, you especially have been great!![/quote']

How has your weight loss been? How long have you been banded/plicated? I've heard with the banded plication that you don't need as many fills - especially early on - as just regular bandsters. And no 'bandster hell." True?

How has your weight loss been? How long have you been banded/plicated? I've heard with the banded plication that you don't need as many fills - especially early on - as just regular bandsters. And no 'bandster hell." True?

I lost 7 lbs, then gained 5 lbs. I was really nervous, but I have lost that 5 lbs back again. I got both the band and plication, so I will see what happens at the appt next week. I was really apprehensive about getting this done - I read about people's recoveries with them being sick, lots of nausea and other scary experiences. I didn't have any of that, thank goodness. The first couple days were the worst, but that was it for me. Even then, only those two days were the only days I took some pain meds. I had the procedure and went home the same afternoon on a Monday and was out of work for the rest of the week. It seemed that all I wanted to do was sleep Monday and Tuesday, but by Wednesday that had passed. The gas was not fun, but that passed as well. I am just waiting now to be able to go back to Curves to I can start exercising again. I almost had the gastric sleeve and am glad I didn't.

I felt terrible surgery day and two days after, then the third day after was a big turn around. I ended up getting suppository antinausia mess which also helped me sleep. Hope things improve.

I was kinda shocked cause I went in thinking I would handle it well as I have other procedures so I know what you are saying.

Lapband family - It is raining and wind a blowing outside. TS Beryl due to hit here tonight with 70+ MPH winds. May be off line for a few hours/days depending on damage. We live 10 miles from the Atlantic Ocean so we will the full benefit of this storm. Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. For those of you who are veterans - Thank You for your service. We owe our freedom to you...

Take care my LB friends ! See you after the storm passes...

Melinda in Jacksonville, Florida !

melinda...............be safe my friend................