Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Kristin youre doing great. I didn't get out and walk until week three!

I was told by my surgeon that we can exercise right away.. just avoid stomach straining for the first six weeks. I watched that web cast of the lap band surgery and the surgeons on there said the same thing as my doc did.

If you haven't seen the video, check it out. It takes about an hour and isn't too gross. No surface cutting or anything, but you get to see the band and port placements. (Tricia loved it.) Plus there are a lot of questions asked and answered during the video. It was a live webcast, but what you'll see is the recorded version of it. Here's the link:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/surgerywebcast/default.asp

:yuck: :) :yuck:

Kathy, I couldn't believe that I didn't see it for such a long time. LOL!!! Funny me.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm so fired up!

I'm gonna rock! I'm gonna be awesome!! I'm gonna... realize that for the last week my complete inactivity will sneak up and bite me in the ass!! DOH!

First having a bad back, and now a stupid cold has kept me pretty much sitting on my duff all week.

Will try harder once the cold gets gone. Bah!

Sus - that video was good. I stayed up WAY past my bedtime watching it though!

Hey - went to the gym 2 days in a row now.... thank you Feel2Young2B40! May wonders never cease ;-).

Dawg,

It's amazing what a simple cold can do to you! If you're er...over 30...no offense! Hope you are feeling better and do not give to photonut.

Kelli

Hi All!

I'm newly banded and ready to jump on the Gone for Good Bandwagon!

I'm 24 years old, have been fat since I was about 8. I'm currently in law school in San Antonio, Texas. I'm engaged to my childhood sweatheart and tenatively will be married in December.

I'm an only child of a dysfunctional family that used food and weight as methods of manipulation. But I'm working through my head issues with a great therapist at school, and doing pretty good IMHO.

My fiance and I have 1 pekegnese and 2 cats that keep us very busy! I'd like to lose down to my goal weight and graduate before we consider expanding our family.

I used to scrapbook avidly and teach scrapbooking, but really have little time for it these days. I'm so glad to have found LBT, its been a priceless tool in this weightloss journey!

:) Kristin

Like the others said, Welcome!

My boyfriend is from San Antonio and we'll be down there next week for Spring Break...which is great because I really like the town and love Texas, but bad because Texas has Blue Bell (that ice cream has become an addiction!) and Pappadaux's, we always go a few times when we're down there....just love the place. So next week I'm not planning on much weight loss, except we are pretty active when we are down there and walking on the River Walk.

I am currenlty in Baton Rouge, LA supporting the Katrina Relief effort here. Although I have done well with my weight loss since the surgery....I am struggling now becuase of the pressure of my current job. We work 12 hour days 7 days a week trying to get victums into temporary housing units paid for my FEMA.

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU"! I'm in southwest LA and we were hit by hurricane Rita just a short while after Katrina. Though we haven't gotten nearly the attention that the "Katrinas" have, we are still very appreciative of all people like you are doing to help people like us. :clap2: Renews my faith in mankind.

========================================================

NOW, my stats for today:

still 340 - no loss this week... pms... :) ... well, not so much pre...

But tomorrow starts a new week and I am determined to get back on track.

thanks all for your kind words. assisting with the victims of the hurricane is very difficult work but so rewarding!!! : ) it has changed my outlook on life!!!

i am going to have to check out the way you guys documnet your weight so i can join in...off to the showers...off to another lonnng day : )

Had to weigh early today because I have to go to the hospital to get my upper GI and blood work done for the lap band. One more step done toward being a true lapbander!!

weight = starting 297; current 294 (-3) YEA!

HELP! How do I change my ticker thing at the bottom to change my weight?

190.0 this morning. Huh? Oh well, must be building that good strong muscle at Curves this week! Up and down and up and down. Story of my life. What's that? +4 this week? +2 total? I won't care if my body fat % is going down. I'll find out in a few weeks at my Curves weigh in. Happy weight loss everyone!

242/223/188/190/+2

C182 (-23 lbs, -3 this week!!!)

I just found out my 10 year reunion is Aug 19th...I want to look smok'en hot!!! I have got to start busting my a$$ now huh!!! I want to show up..and people say "WOW...you look great!" That would be so nice! I am so focused...I have got my eye on the prize....and I want to feel good and have a good time at my reunion...not sit in a corner scared to dance, because I might be noticed!

Oh, can't believe I forgot to tell you guys what happened last night.

We went to a Mexican food place in town and they have 99cent Margaritas on Monday and Tuesday... Well, the place was PACKED! When we got there, there were 3 girls that I went to High School with. We were friends at one point, but then they did some horrible stuff to me... ANYWAYS, I am currently in the same size clothes I was my Senior year. These 3 girls have gained a LOT of weight, I mean... 2 of them were 2X the size they were in High School. I went over and talked to them, because one of them has a daughter around the same age as mine and we are distant cousins. (Someone keeps telling me our daughters look alike) Those 3 girls looked me up and down... I could tell they were shocked at my size (good shocked for me) My husband couldn't get over how big they had gotten and he was talking about it ALL night.

I know it is mean, but it made me feel nice to see that skinny bitches have to deal with weight too! I felt horrible that they had gotten so big, I really did, but they were SO mean to me back then... that it felt good that I could look nice for once!

Anyways... it was a really cool night!