Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I had my surgery 3.5 weeks ago I'm down in eastsussex wondered if anyone Else on here in England or similar area ??? This site is brilliant for advice everyone so nice but would be lovely to have someone close to share this journey with!!

Hello! I live in South Wales. I am now on day 9 post op. How are you doing so far?

Hi both. I had my band fitted 29th March so am almost 4 weeks post op. I had it done with The Hospital Group and had 4mls put in at time of surgery. My first fill will be 5th May and 2nd 31st May. My band holds 10mls and I've been told I'll feel restriction at around 7mls full.x

Oops, forgot to mention I live in Staffordshire:)

My first fill will be June 1st. I hope I don't gain weight between now and then but like I said earlier...I am really not hungry now. I do have a follow up appt. in Cardiff on May 4th so no telling how things will feel by then. I might feel the need for a fill in May instead. Nice to meet you both though.

Hi ! I should go for first fill in 3 weeks still waiting for apt! I had a very rushed surgery as I was very lucky got to go to a private clinic in London on nhs! Only had 4 days notice!!! Nightmare!! So nice to find local people. Not sure if I need much of a fill though I can't always finish a cup of food def have restriction but maybe a small fill will help only go a few hours then hungry again!! When did u have your surgerys? How much have u lost so far? :)

I've struggled a fair bit. Sometimes I do have that full sensation- I found very early on it seemed 'tight' in a morning. Having read lots on here that can be common. Some days I could eat a full meal including pudding but have to force myself not to. I'm managing to stay around 800 cals a day and it seems i have a wobble every 3 days or so. At this point it's only calorie counting that helping to lose weight but my dietician says 1-2 lb loss per week is good. It doesn't feel it when you see the big losses on here tho lol.

I ate chicken(when it wasn't minced) too early and was sick . Minced chicken, poached salmon, baked potatoes(mashed no skin) and mushy peas have got me through this stage and I can have normal food from this Thursday. Oh and I've had porridge every night which is lovely and filling and helps me have a good sleep.< /p>

I'm trying to plan my first meal and hope I can tolerate pitta bread. God I miss bread!!

My surgery was done in Birmingham on April 15th.

I still have this week on liquids and then next week, puree. I had some parsnips and carrots getting old so I boiled them up today with an onion and swede. I now have a freezer bags full of veggies waiting for the blender for next week. I love my veggies thank goodness but sure miss chips. Since hubby and my mother are regular eaters I am finding cooking their meals sometimes difficult even though I don't really want to eat them. I know that doesn't make much sense but it just smells good.

Also, I can't seem to post my weight ticker on this site. I have one created but not sure how to add it to my profile...any help?

I'm on normal food from Saturday and I'm the same cant wait to eat a real meal!!! Missed chewing sooo bad! I know I am missing bread also!!! If it's really crispy I've been told its easier to eat!! I too read things and think " god im not losing nothing like that" but it depends on starting weight as well!! I started at 18 stone 3 pound today I hit dead on 17 so I'm pleased but seems like nothing compared to some people!! I also stick to 800-950 cal a day I use my fitness pal app on Iphone it's so helpfull . Tried a bit of strewed steak tonight in lots of Garvey took such small bites so far so good!! I also am tight in morning I can only manage a shake I make with banana or fruit! A cup of tea def helps to relax it if I don't have one I only manage half of shake. !

My surgery was in Bromsgrove. I lost 9lb on 2 week pre op calorie counting and have lost another 9lb since.

I was self pay and was only away from my hospital room( number 13 as it turned out) for one hour in total when I had the surgery. I had absolutely no pain or nausea but did have some shoulder discomfort in the early hours of the next morning.

Chris

Sorry I'm no good with things like that!! :( I know I have to cook for partner and daughter and smells are torture!! Especially when they came home with a mac d!!!! But I did resist!! Although I have had some sneeky bits of chocolate!!! Tastes sooooo good now and never was in too sweets before!! Lol

Deanne I know what you mean about reading others weight loss but I don't worry too much about that. We are all individuals and each pound down is in the right direction. I will be happy with 1-2 per week. I didn't get this way over night even though some days it seemed liked it...LOL! I would like to be at my goal weight by this time next year.