Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes I can't do the jumping because I'm too tired or the photos on the wall of my

Living room are shaking and I don't want them to fall at like almost midnight so I do the moves without jumping I kick my legs and move my hips.

I love Xbox 360 Zumba!! A great workout..

If you have to put in your weight I would say it's pretty accurage. The more you weigh the more it takes to move your body.

I've tried Water Zumba (I have a bad knee) and though it was just okay. I find my regular Water aerobics give me a MUCH better cardio work out.

I weigh 212 and am a little intimidated to go to Zumba....I'm not much of a dancer' date=' maybe even kinda clumsy. Have a hard time keeping up with some sat cardio exercise videos. So,how hard is Zumba? How much did u weigh when u first started doing it?[/quote']

Our bariatric group started a Zumba gold class which is for people that either haven't exercised much or lately or need adjustments to the moves. A regular Zumba instructor did the class and it was great. Oe person even did the steps sitting in a chair. Do anything that helps you to move. Nothing wrong with trying it and going on to something else.

YES- The first class I died, was huffing n puffing and going everyway but the right way. Now it is so much better, but still dont to the jumps.. just move and slowly you get stronger

I was over 300 pounds when I first started Zumba and thought I would be self conscious but I was so busy watching the instructor that I didn't notice or care if people were staring. Turns out they are all too busy watching the instructor too! I now go up the front and give it my all. Great workout!

Missing it at the moment as I'm only 12 days post surgery and not allowed to go until 4 weeks post surgery. :(

I am a week pre-op and I love Zumba. My nickname is clumsy but I love it. I bought the Cds. I take my kids outside to play. I pop the Cds into my laptop and workout outside while watching them.

I love it. The best part is, its not about doing the steps perfectly. Just about moving your body. I went regularly for a couple months, but got tired of the instructor. She wasn't very energetic and always did the same songs. I want to find a different Zumba class now.

Has anyone tried Aqua Zumba?

I love zumba! I am trying to get all the zumba classes in I can before my surgery! Doc told me not to rush it when I get banded so it will be a long few weeks after. I am just glad I have wonderful friends to go walking with me.

Went to Zumba class on Monday. LOVED IT!!!!!!

That is definitely NOT accurate! It depends on what you're doing in Zumba (I know the class I teach is more intense than my friend's class that she teaches as she does different styles and I add in hip hop and kickboxing in mine) AND how hard YOU are working at it. We have all seen people doing Zumba who are barely moving (beit 'cause they're new and don't know the routine or just don't move much) and we've seen people shaking their tailfeathers working hard and loving it! It's the difference between walking a mile and running a mile...you burn more calories running but it's a lot harder to do.

So, that being said...I know Zumba states you can burn hundreds and thousands of calories in a workout, but it fluctuates depending on the above mentioned factors. I'd say it's more like 300-600 calories/hour. That's what I put in my program and if I'm burning more calories then great, but if I'm burning less than I enter in my program then I am short-changing myself to no benefit.

Tanya in NY

I love it. The best part is' date=' its not about doing the steps perfectly. Just about moving your body. I went regularly for a couple months, but got tired of the instructor. She wasn't very energetic and always did the same songs. I want to find a different Zumba class now.

Has anyone tried Aqua Zumba?[/quote']

Hi Daisychains7

I have done Aqua Zumba and it is great! It is a great workout for your arms and legs! Using the resistance of the Water helps get the heart rate up!! I have bad knees and this is great too because there is no impact on your knees!!

I love Zumba and miss it...I'm 18 days post op and counting down the days I can return to Zumba!!! I've also tried Zumba Toning!! Another love!!! Try it out!

i love zumba and i use my app called NOOM WEIGHT LOSS COACH and it says i burn about 800-900 calories when i do zumba. depending on intense i get during the workout. some routines aren't as intense as others.

Hi Daisychains7

I have done Aqua Zumba and it is great! It is a great workout for your arms and legs! Using the resistance of the Water helps get the heart rate up!! I have bad knees and this is great too because there is no impact on your knees!!

I love Zumba and miss it...I'm 18 days post op and counting down the days I can return to Zumba!!! I've also tried Zumba Toning!! Another love!!! Try it out!

Omg, I definitely want to try it! Need to find an Aqua class near me.

I went to Zumba for the first time in a couple months. Definitely fallen in love with it again and want to go twice a week. The instructor was different and I like her sooo much better. She has more energy and better music.

I just ordered a pair of dancing sneakers for the knees, I did have bad shoes for those workouts, hope this will help the ole knees. I was wearing flat sneaks so I could pivot --BUT no support,,, ouch