Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! Myfitnesspal doesn't have zumba as an exercise option. I found a site that says that a 50 min medium intensity zumba workout burns about 715 calories. Does this sound accurate?

yes, I have heard even more calories. it is quite the workout!

That is about accurate. I do Zumba alot. Now it depends on your personal intensisty level. That is for a fully intense workout, doing all the moves properly and at maximum intensity. For me, i know I am not doing what the instructor is doing so i cut that number in half and still make out good on calorie burned. it is not an excat scienc when you look it up becasue it also does not take your weight into account. But for the mist part, you do burn quite a bit.

Yes. That sounds accurate. I LOVE Zumba and have worn my HRM in the class several times. I have burned in the 900's before. Crazy good workout!!

I have a Polar T4 that I use. I forgot to wear it to Zumba last week, but I will tomorrow!

I was looking for the same thing- I found this -www.zumbacalories.com HTH !

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

I weigh 212 and am a little intimidated to go to Zumba....I'm not much of a dancer, maybe even kinda clumsy. Have a hard time keeping up with some sat cardio exercise videos. So,how hard is Zumba? How much did u weigh when u first started doing it?

I'm 220, 5'6 banded 3/5/12... Zumba is great cardio. I was a bit clumsy at first but you have to find a class you like go at your own pace until you get the routines down and then take it from there... It's also fun if your doing it with someone you know... I love it! I've only been doing it for about 3 weeks. I can't see the difference but other people say I'm shrinking in the middle... But then again they don't know I'm banded! My Measurements have changed though.

I'm 260 and have been doing Zumba since two weeks before surgery. Since surgery I've only been once, it's really hard to jump and stuff right now. I'm going to try it again next week. Lots of fun. I think the key is to find a class you enjoy without snobby people.

I weigh 212 and am a little intimidated to go to Zumba....I'm not much of a dancer, maybe even kinda clumsy. Have a hard time keeping up with some sat cardio exercise videos. So,how hard is Zumba? How much did u weigh when u first started doing it?

I was 284 when I started and am 252 now. I am having surgery in 2 weeks and will really miss Zumba for awhile. I don't think it is hard. It is a lot of dancing, but if you the moves correctly concentrating on your core, it is really a good workout. Coordination is a plus, but not a must. As long as you are moving and if you have a good instructor who concentrates on the importance of the moves, it is great. It is great fun. Once you get past the intimidation of the fact that you are shaking your butt around a lot, it is so much fun. Whe I first started, I felt self conscious knowing I was the biggest one in the room, but that will be changing soon! Good luck to you.

I was 284 when I did zumba at first, now 241- just back the once (will go tomorrow). It is so much fun, and don't worry about coordination- just try, and do your own thing to the music if you get lost or confused :).

That sounds about right I have the fp app and do Zumba on my wii and DVD

That sounds about right I have the fp app and do Zumba on my wii and DVD

How do you like the Wii Zumba? I've been eyeing it for a while. We bought Just Dance 2 for one of our kiddos recently and I've been using the "just sweat" option on that as an alternative for now. I love Zumba at the gym, but can't always get there!

How do you like the Wii Zumba? I've been eyeing it for a while. We bought Just Dance 2 for one of our kiddos recently and I've been using the "just sweat" option on that as an alternative for now. I love Zumba at the gym' date=' but can't always get there![/quote']

I like the one for the wii(but the belt is kinda small for me so I had to get Velcro to make it little bigger) make sure u have some space to use it. I love it braise when I get home at 11 pm from work I do Zumba for 30-60 min and the cool down stretching. It nice ESP if u can't get to gym. I have Zumba fitness and Zumba fitness 2 for wii they were worth the money I will nintendo would come out with Zumba channel or something with new moved or songs I love it. I just got Zumba dance party DVD and I love it I'm relearning the moves to build up in 5 DVD set.

I do Zumba 2 x a week BUT i do NOT do any jumpy parts because of my knees and it is alot of fun. Our trainer says if, can't turn or jump DON'T- just wiggle in place until the next part, and its a great work out- main thing to to pace yourself.. go slow n work up.