Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! only 3 more days for me! Friday 18th getting excited but scared. Glad to see so many on line same day! Good drugs or not as bad as I am thinking!

Prayers sent to all the Wednesday banders and welcome to all the newbies!!!!

8 days post op and now on full liquids. Wondering if I can have broccoli and cheddar Soup from panera bread? Anyone know

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I had broc and cheddar soup on about day 8 and did fine :) it felt great to get off broth!! I had potatoe soup from chilies another day but that upset my stomach... Maybe too rich?

For all the New May banders' date=' Welcome! Sorry I have not been on a bunch. But been very busy since my surgery (5-2-12). My mother just had surgery today and my mother in law is in the hospital. So Hopefully things are starting to slow down and I'll have more time for all my new best friends "The May Banders". We also have a group called the May Blooming Bandsters. If you would like to join we would love to have you! If you have any problems joining let me know and I will send you an invite. You may also add your surgery to our calendar there or let me know and I will add you to the May bander calandar. As most of you are finding out that the May banders are a group of great people. Please come JOin in all the support and love we give to each other. Let go a journey together![/quote']

Mdfinch! You were banded 2 days before me! Maybe you can answer sone questions i have!?

Do you have a Vitamin for Iron yet? I have a chewable multi vitamin but it doesn't have iron in it and I think it's supposed to right?

Also, my stomach is hurting still most of the day, I'm not sure If it's from sitting at a desk, what im eating or that I'm full?? I have not really figured it out yet have u?

I am on mushy foods now but I find myself leaning towards Pasta because I don't know what to eat! And that seems to go down easy! But I know I shouldn't a). Be eating pasta B). Pasta is not really a mushy :/

What are u eating these days? I meet with the nutritionist thurs so I hope she can help maybe?

I would love anyone's advice! Thanks May team! Glad everyone is doing so good! :)

My Lap Band with plication is scheduled for May 16, 2012. Tomorrow.

So excited and nervous.

omg me too im up at 2:00 am scared and neveous..i go in at 7:30 this morning!!!Gud Luck to ya

congrats Kathy

The May banders is a great bunch of people and everyone is very sopportive of every one. We also have a group called the May blooming banders if you would like to join jump on in. You may add your surgery date also. If you have any problems just let me know.

Hey I'm a member of the may blooming bandsters but it won't let me view since the first day. It says I don't have permission to view not sure y.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Mdfinch! You were banded 2 days before me! Maybe you can answer sone questions i have!?

Do you have a Vitamin for Iron yet? I have a chewable multi vitamin but it doesn't have iron in it and I think it's supposed to right?

Also' date=' my stomach is hurting still most of the day, I'm not sure If it's from sitting at a desk, what im eating or that I'm full?? I have not really figured it out yet have u?

I am on mushy foods now but I find myself leaning towards Pasta because I don't know what to eat! And that seems to go down easy! But I know I shouldn't a). Be eating pasta B). Pasta is not really a mushy :/

What are u eating these days? I meet with the nutritionist thurs so I hope she can help maybe?

I would love anyone's advice! Thanks May team! Glad everyone is doing so good! :)[/quote']

I'm not on mushies yet but that includes meatloaf mashed potatoes, tuna, maybe meatballs. They still have it downgraded to even baby food. But along those lines. Literally foods that have to be mushed to be made. Oh scrambled eggs too

Hello All,

Day 3 for me..I am so happy. I get to put cream in my coffee. I have not been hungry or wanted anything other than a popsicle. I think I felt the most discomfort from that tube down the throat in surgery. I was hoarse and it was hard to talk for a couple days

Yesterday, I felt pretty good, but had a minor concern that one of the sites had a little red around it and I felt a bit flushed, however, I did not register a fever. This morning it looks much better and no flush.

All the newbies and soon to be bandsters, my thoughts and prayers are with you !

Nita

Good morning, how do I get the "ticker" thing that shows progress?

I am now 12 days post op, have lost 15# overall (10# prior to surgery on the pre-op diet). But I was disappointed when I tried to wear one of last summer's blouses - I'm still a bit swollen at the port site, and you could see the bruise through the blouse. :( but it's only been less than 2 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't complain yet, right?

I don't post often, but try to read as much of the posts as I can. Glad to hear everyone is doing great!

I actually had a food "test" over the weekend. We went to a buffet and I had about 1/4 cup of meatloaf, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, and about the same amount of spaghetti. I mushed it all up together, took teeny tiny bites, and it took me a half hour to eat it all, making sure I put my fork down between bites. The server kept coming by and wanting to take my plate, and I just said, no, I'm a slow eater! HAHA - this time last year I would have been through TWO plates of food in a half hour and heading toward the dessert bar! I was pretty proud of myself! My husband kept looking at me worrying that I was going to throw up ~ but I had no problems at all!

Now I have to get back to work ~ ttyl! Sue

Mdfinch can you please send me an invite to may blooming bandsters? Thanks!

Yes. I would love invite to May Blooming Bandsters, please. Thanks !

Please send me an invite too please, im getting banded May 24th! Woo Hoo!

Had my surgery on Fri May 11th and all went well. Ended up having a hiatal hernia as well that was repaired. Besides some achy pain where the access port is, I am doing well, and actually seem to be down 9lbs already. I have my follow up appoint tomorrow with my surgeon and will be moved to soft food. So far so good. Hope everyone else is doing well!

For all the New May banders' date=' Welcome! Sorry I have not been on a bunch. But been very busy since my surgery (5-2-12). My mother just had surgery today and my mother in law is in the hospital. So Hopefully things are starting to slow down and I'll have more time for all my new best friends "The May Banders". We also have a group called the May Blooming Bandsters. If you would like to join we would love to have you! If you have any problems joining let me know and I will send you an invite. You may also add your surgery to our calendar there or let me know and I will add you to the May bander calandar. As most of you are finding out that the May banders are a group of great people. Please come JOin in all the support and love we give to each other. Let go a journey together![/quote']

Oh yes Hun you have your hands full! No worries take care of your family and yourself we are not going anywhere! How is the healing going?

Omg I have had a very hard slow recovery ana

Omg I have had aa very slow recovery and as I lie here in bed all I seem to see on TV is food! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!