Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Measure Or Not. Will I Regret It If I Don't?

I measure same as zinhaa, although I also add in measuring my upper thigh. I haven't done it in quite awhile though, this is a good reminder for me to get the tape measure out and see the changes.

Like you, I shy from cameras and the good ol' cloth measuring tape. Before I went on a VLCD last year, I set the camera timer and took a few pics of me in a pair of workout pants and a sports bra. I would take pics every month in the same outfit and honestly, it was shocking. I will definitely do it this time before surgery (maybe I should do it before the pre-surgery diet).

My doctor measured when I went in for my 1 on 1 with him and the nurse said they would measure every month but they just did my waist.

I think it's a great idea to measure, because even if the scale stops moving, the pants might fit better!

Hi All. I did measure from neck to foot but seem to have thrown the post it that I wrote it on!! I'm hoping I have just 'filed' it but think it is long gone:( What am I like?? lol x

I'm taking pictures with the same outfit. My surgeon's office did a few measurements the first day I came in, so I assume they will continue to measure as I lose.

1. I wish I had done it. It's just another way to measure success when the scale doesn't move.

I have never heard of anyone that looks back and says " boy I wish I wouldn't have measured myself".......so do it, for some it will not be important.....for others it will be their strength in the slow times. But this way you are covered. And if you want them....you'll have them.

I would (and did) measure. You may want to have reminders of how far you've come if you hit a slow spot. No one's saying you have to share them with anyone!

Sorry, double post!

Thanks. I did end up measuring on the morning of my surgery- 29th March. I thought I had lost the post-it I wrote on but found it. 3 days ago I measured and have already lost 2 inches off hips and 2 1/2 " off my waist(or other way round). Very pleased I did :)

I plan on taking measurements of Bust, Hips, Waist, Upper Arms,Thighs, and from shoulder to shoulder. I want to see the results on paper to help me stay motivated and not discouraged. Also pics in the same outfit as well. :)

I had my mom take my measurements before my surgery. I'm not embarrassed nor ashamed about my size; it's a problem and I'm fixing it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches