Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded On March 23Rd!!!!!

Nicole where do u get the Sunkist shots never heard of them n I can use the extra Protein..

Tray I got mine at my dr's office they have a store inside there office full of bariactric friendly foods and Protein. They also have a larger (looks like a large test tube) shot with 42 grams of protein will try that one next just needed to make sure it tasted ok. But I just looked right now and I found it on Amazon search Sunkist protein shot it looks like a little 5hr energy shot. It's kinda thick but the taste isn't that bad. They are actually cheaper on amazon I pd $3 for mine and amazon they are $2.59 so I will be getting them there from now on. I was going to check costco too. Will let you know i don't know where your at so im not sure if you have a costco. hope it helps.....

Hey Twin well good luck on your dr apt hope everything goes great and keep us posted on it. I also have been feeling nauseous just today it's linda frustrating becuz when I get that way I dont want to move or be touched. I took some medicine that the dr gave me for it but it's not helping ugh... Hope you get to feeling better. You should ask your dr about it and then let me know lol.... Have a great night everybody off to dreamland i go......

So I just ordered the Sunkist orange shots off Amazon hopefully they taste good lol....that's my downfall not having enough protein... thanks Nicole for the idea....i wish my doc had this in his office ...

What is everyone eating for mushies? I've started mashed potatoes and that's about it concerning "real" food. Go for my check uip with the surgeon on Wednesday! Feeling hungry a lot but have stuck to my diet completely. Anyone else feeling hungry?

So I just ordered the Sunkist orange shots off Amazon hopefully they taste good lol....that's my downfall not having enough Protein... thanks Nicole for the idea....i wish my doc had this in his office ...

Your welsome Tray I havent had that orange one but the berry and grape don't taste to bad. I have a six star Protein shot today I found at walgreens$2.50 28g of protein and 0 calories but it tasted horrible. So I think im going to have to order more shots from amazon...

[

What is everyone eating for mushies? I've started mashed potatoes and that's about it concerning "real" food. Go for my check uip with the surgeon on Wednesday! Feeling hungry a lot but have stuck to my diet completely. Anyone else feeling hungry?

Hey Brittney I can't start my mushies until this friday btu I have already made a list mashed potato, mashed sweet potatos, yogurt, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese. Other then that I open for ideas. As far as being hungry it's getting btr I drink a Protein shake in the morning and I take a Protein shot for lunch which helps with hunger. I drink tons of Water and Powerade zero and then a another Protein Shake. I also have pudding that has protein in it it's delightful. I also snack on crushed ice and sugar free Jello. Im 10 days post op today and I can honestly say each day things tend to get btr. Hope it helps and good luck at you dr apt....

Today was my 1st day back to work it went well glad I prepared everything the night b4. I was super busy at work so not as hungry as usual so that was good. Half way through the day my main incision started to hurt and it was like a burning sensation it became uncomfortable. I figured I was just doing to much so I just kinda took it easy after that. But overall a good day back at work. Hope everyone else had a great day.....

I started my puréed/mushies yesterday. I had tuna fish salad for lunch (which was, I kid u not, the most delicious thing EVERRR!!! Lol). I could not be happier in the moment! N I was only able to eat about 7 spoonfuls. Idk if it was mental or what, but I REALLY felt satisfied. For dinner I had about 1/2 a cup of mashed potatoes with a boiled egg (that was mashed as well). Very filling also! Today for lunch I had scrambled eggs n am having Farina for dinner.< /p>

I definitely do feel hungry throughout the day! But once I eat it tends to hold me over for a while. N the Protein shakes are NOT cutting it anymore. I have gotten to the point where I can't have them as a Meal Replacement or even just thoroughout the day to hold me over. I'm gonna have to order those Sunkist shots tonight b/c I doubt I'll be able to get enough Protein in depending on the shakes.< /p>

Twin! I can't believe u aren't able to start mushies yet!!! When can u?! My post op went well. I saw a nurse tho n not the doctor. He said my nausea was prolly because I hadnt ate in so long. Seems to be what it was. I do feel much better now. N I had lost another 3 lbs when I weighed myself at the office!

Good luck with ur ck-up, Brittney!

Today was my 1st day back to work it went well glad I prepared everything the night b4. I was super busy at work so not as hungry as usual so that was good. Half way through the day my main incision started to hurt and it was like a burning sensation it became uncomfortable. I figured I was just doing to much so I just kinda took it easy after that. But overall a good day back at work. Hope everyone else had a great day.....

My incisions felt that way for a bit too. It was a lil scary actual. Thought they might be bursting open. But thank God it would stop n getting up n walking a bit helped. My biggest issue was n still is my BACKKKK!!! It is killing me from sitting all day. Definitely a very uncomfortable feeling. But I'm glad everything else has gone well! N I'm glad ur hunger wasn't out of control. Lol

I had my banding yesterday morning. I feel like every time I breathe, my stomach feels like I will explode. The pain medicine only does so much. I can't sit up because of feels like ill pull my stitches. Any helpful ideas on what I can do?

I had my banding yesterday morning. I feel like every time I breathe, my stomach feels like I will explode. The pain medicine only does so much. I can't sit up because of feels like ill pull my stitches. Any helpful ideas on what I can do?

Hey Dee congrats on getting banded!!! Your are going to have pain and discomfort the 1st few days due to them cutting your stomach muscles and pumping you up with gas. Try propping yourself up with 5 or 6 pillows behind you and taking your pain meds. Also take some gasx it helps trust me. When you need to get out of bed roll out slowly dnt try and just sit right up. Another thing trying walking like every hour just a little bit. I had the same feeling like I was going to bust a stitch but trust me when I say this each day it gets better....Good luck hope it helps

I started my puréed/mushies yesterday. I had tuna fish salad for lunch (which was, I kid u not, the most delicious thing EVERRR!!! Lol). I could not be happier in the moment! N I was only able to eat about 7 spoonfuls. Idk if it was mental or what, but I REALLY felt satisfied. For dinner I had about 1/2 a cup of mashed potatoes with a boiled egg (that was mashed as well). Very filling also! Today for lunch I had scrambled eggs n am having Farina for dinner.< /p>

I definitely do feel hungry throughout the day! But once I eat it tends to hold me over for a while. N the Protein shakes are NOT cutting it anymore. I have gotten to the point where I can't have them as a Meal Replacement or even just thoroughout the day to hold me over. I'm gonna have to order those Sunkist shots tonight b/c I doubt I'll be able to get enough Protein in depending on the shakes.< /p>

Twin! I can't believe u aren't able to start mushies yet!!! When can u?! My post op went well. I saw a nurse tho n not the doctor. He said my nausea was prolly because I hadnt ate in so long. Seems to be what it was. I do feel much better now. N I had lost another 3 lbs when I weighed myself at the office!

Good luck with ur ck-up, Brittney!

OMG TWIN CONGRATS ON YOUR 3LBS LOST!!!!! Thats awesome!!! I can start mushy's on Friday already marked it on my calendar lol. Although I went for my 1 week post op on 3-30 and they did the xray and everything looked good and the incisions looked good he told me I could start eating chunky Soup with meat or chicken which i was confused y not start mushys but whatev i started eating cottage cheese and still drinking Protein Shakes and shots it's going well. I scheduled my 1st fill for 4-20 im a little nervous too. I dnt know what Im going to feel and not feel. Then the shot in the tummy not looking forward to but it will be ok. As far as anything else like feeling sick or incisions hurting everything is ok I starting to feel myself again but with more energy a nd I love it.

Funny thing is I dnt cook but everyday when I come home Im in the kitchen cooking something up and I can't even eat it which is fine I just make a Protein shake and Im fine. But b4 surgery when I came home I was always so lazy and just wanted to sit now Im up playing basketball with my son and enjoying having more energy already. I get so excited now thinking about my future and all the weight Im going to lose!!!!! Keep it up everybody!!!!

wow..I went back to work the 3rd day......I thought it was a piece of cake..But I started working out 6 months before my surgery and I really think that helped . (especially on my abs) Ha Ha..I think you call them abs..I know they are under there somewhere !

OMG TWIN CONGRATS ON YOUR 3LBS LOST!!!!! Thats awesome!!! I can start mushy's on Friday already marked it on my calendar lol. Although I went for my 1 week post op on 3-30 and they did the xray and everything looked good and the incisions looked good he told me I could start eating chunky Soup with meat or chicken which i was confused y not start mushys but whatev i started eating cottage cheese and still drinking Protein shakes and shots it's going well. I scheduled my 1st fill for 4-20 im a little nervous too. I dnt know what Im going to feel and not feel. Then the shot in the tummy not looking forward to but it will be ok. As far as anything else like feeling sick or incisions hurting everything is ok I starting to feel myself again but with more energy a nd I love it.

Funny thing is I dnt cook but everyday when I come home Im in the kitchen cooking something up and I can't even eat it which is fine I just make a Protein shake and Im fine. But b4 surgery when I came home I was always so lazy and just wanted to sit now Im up playing basketball with my son and enjoying having more energy already. I get so excited now thinking about my future and all the weight Im going to lose!!!!! Keep it up everybody!!!!

Thank you!!! It felt really great. These numbers we're seeing are impressive! I hope we continue down this path. I know a lot of ppl suddenly start losing this much...N oh my God! I can only imagine how happy u must be for Friday! Girl, u are strong!!! The liquid diet was starting to wear me down! N to hear about all this energy u have. I'm on mushy n I don't think I can even keep up with u! Lol U said ur taking multi-vitamins right? Maybe that my issue... I know!!! That's my problem too!!! The fear of the unknown! N I honestly already feel restriction!!! Of course, (typical me) I forgot to ask the nurse if they had filled the band a lil at time of the surgery, but I really can hardly eat past like 6 or 7 spoonfuls of my mushies. Imagine after the fill. I'm scared!!! =\\\ Lol I mean I know that's the point but I also don't want to be in fear of vomiting or something because I ate more then 4 or 5 spoonfuls. That can't be pleasant.... I know what u mean tho. Even though I don't have the complete energy u have, I do feel lighter on my feet. N the fact that clothes I haven't worn in a while are fitting comfortably is such a GREAT feeling!!!

wow..I went back to work the 3rd day......I thought it was a piece of cake..But I started working out 6 months before my surgery and I really think that helped . (especially on my abs) Ha Ha..I think you call them abs..I know they are under there somewhere !

I'm sure the working out did help! So glad u had a speedy recovery. How is everything else going? When were u banded?

OK so today not so good...IM scale OBSESSED :mellow: I didn't want to become this way it just happened. I weight when i get up and at night ugh I woke up today only for that b*tch to tell me that I have gained 2lbs r u kidding me. Im on liquids how could this happen? So I call my sister( much much smaller sister) for some support and to talk me off the ledge. She tried to tell me everything and then she said something that made sense to me she said maybe your retaining Water? ?? Way to go sis! I will take it! :rolleyes: