Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does 370 Per Fill Seem Expensive?

Is anyone in NJ? My doc is charging $1000 for a fill and my insurance only covers $525... I need someplace that is cheaper.

wow.... i don't feel so bad now. My doctor was charging $235...... but i had a long discussion with him about the economy and how people are losing there insurance and can't afford that kind of money out of pocket.... If you go back on some of my post... you will see my rants about this... very topic.

My victory..... he changed his price to $150 a fill.... total. Your probably thinking.... yeah she thinks she got him to change it..... but i really did. Told him that his prices is what's keeping his patients away. told him that the average in the area was from $99-$150 for self pay.

My surgery covered one year or Seven fill.... which ever came first... of course the fill came first....

my first doctor that did the surgery charges $400 per fill and unfill. and as all you know you will require several fills before you finally reach restrictions.

So i finally decieded to look for a new doctor. My new doctor charges $150 and if i need an unfill within the same month its free....

:)

The first year of fills were covered by my insurance. Now I have to pay $160 per fill. I drive 3 hrs each way to my doc so I checked out how much fills were in my town. $325!!! It's definately worth it to drive! I've only paid for 3 fills in 2 1/2 yrs and I'm now maxed out (at least that's wat my PA told me my last fill!) so I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Marci

Insane. I pay $25 for the co-pay. You guys, I feel bad you have to fork over that much. That's absolutely insane. It took me 7 fills to get to restriction. I can't imagine...

My doc charges 125.00 but I was self pay so my first year of fills is included in the price of 14500.00 (surgery, hospital, and first year of fills and visits)

To the previous poster..fluro is when u stand in front of an xray machine when they do your fill..that way the doc can see the barium as you swllow it and make sure everything is where it's supposed to be.

Your Dr is robbing you, unless they are scoping you when they do the fill. My surgeon doesn't even do my fills, her PA does and it was over in less that 3 minutes! She told me to take a deep breath, hold it and push my stomach out, she found the port, stabbed it and injected... done! I don't know if my insurance will cover the fill, but even if they don't, my Dr only charges $130. Had my first fill last Monday and I have lost 2 pounds!

Completely unrelated but how do I get a picture to appear instead just my name on here?

Mikkat,

Hi...I just added my pic today..:)

Go to your profile and then click where it has your generic pic and then you can add it from there.

Hope that helps!

Mine are free for I've....but I paid $16,000 for surgery

yes, I would think at $1000 you are getting ripped off!

Holy Popeye !!.........I didn't even think about $$ for fills .My insurance company paid 100 % of my surgery and I had my first fill with no cost...I guess I also better check into this ! As for fills costing anymore then a office visit and the cost of saline. Thats just WRONG ! I am not for buying a Vacation Home for my Doctor inless I am on the guest list !

Wow!!! I'm completely shocked at what some doctors are charging for fills and office visits. I have no insurance, so I'm out of pocket on everything. My doctor doesn't charge for office visits and fills are only $140. There have been several times where no fill was done and I walked out not paying anything at all. I would definitely question them as to why they are charging so much!