Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow..your are amazing my gosh I don't know how you did all of that. Thank god I have my husband cause their is no way I was in to much pain after the surgery I still need help. My husband even put me a little bel on the side of my bed so I can ring when I need something...lol..I hae four kids but the youngest is 10 so they have been making me my shakes and getting my Water I guess I am just being spoiled. Really though you are a strong woman. As far as the surgery I don't have anymore gas pain thank god I have heard of people having up to a week mine stopped last night. I am just very sore from the incisions.

Mine are 8, 4, and just turned 2. The Two is Really super TWO, and killing me. But I have always had a high tolerance for surgery. Don't get me wrong, the inscisions really hurt. And the gas has been awful (they told me a week too) this time around, slowly getting better. But it doesn't seem to matter if I am in bed or doing normal stuff, I still feel the same, so I might as well do normal stuff, besides the fact that I flat just don't have anyone else to do it all. No local family. My best friend is overwhelmed with her own life, so it's ok. I guess the whole point of this is taking care of myself anyway, right. I am just looking forward to the lighter days when I don't have to drag around 100 extra pounds while doing it all. The bell thing is cute....really. I am going to do that one day and see what happens.... I am so glad you have a lot of support. I think for the most part that will only help your journey along!

Keep me updated on your progress would love to hear how things are going for you.

I was banded Thursday. Still have alot of gas. Seems like whenever I put anything in my stomach, the gas gets worse. Walking about 30 minutes 2x a day. Have to sleep sitting up because I can't get in/out of bed. I'll be glad when the gas is gone. I've had a little leaking from the port incision but that's stopped now. Not swollen or anything.

@Larch, loved your post...sounds like you are having a very positive post surgery experience. Let us know how you're doing in a few days!

I was banded on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty good. I went to my sons soccer game this morning and went shopping this afternoon. I have a lot of gurgling in my stomach lol. I can't tell if its gas or hunger. I just feel like I have done 1000 situps. I would love to have a "buddy" that was banded around the same time as me so we can follow each others progress!

I rode on the motorcycle today with hubby, only a couple of bad bumps. Gas is getting better. I hope to be able to sleep flat tonite, I think I will rest better. I have had yogurt, a Protein Shake today and a little bit of chicken pot pie. I was missing 'real' food. I've always had problems staying on liquid diets.

I was banded on Thursday and I'm feeling pretty good. I went to my sons soccer game this morning and went shopping this afternoon. I have a lot of gurgling in my stomach lol. I can't tell if its gas or hunger. I just feel like I have done 1000 situps. I would love to have a "buddy" that was banded around the same time as me so we can follow each others progress!

I was banded on 3/14 & I would love to be one of your banded buddies.

Wow you are able to eat chicken pot pie already that must be nice. I can't even take in 2oz if my Protein Shakes at a time. I'm to scared to have anything else but the shakes or Jello. Did you do okay with eating the chicken pot pie? How much where you able to get down? Also did you blend it? As you can tell I want something with flavor..lol

I got mines also on the 3/13/2012 I've been doing liquids Jello Protein Shakes juicing ice pops Soup with chicken mashed potatoes really mashed n soft egg but all slowly I even tried a small piece of bread just to see if I can. No problems as of yet I feel great and I told my doctor which he wasn't upset and I've went down from 332 to 311 since Monday but all is in moderation. Good luck

I am feeling pretty good today on day 5. I am mostly still doing liquids, but some cream of wheat today, and some pudding, and then my family went out for dinner and I had a scrambled egg and some chicken noodle Soup which I chewed forever and sipped the liquid out of. It all seemed to go down fine. So far so good. I noticed there seem to be ALOT of us that got banded this week. Maybe we should form our own little groupie and coast together!

Lol, I feel like I'm being tortured reading some of these posts. I've been banded since Wednesday and I would kill for some "real" food right about now. I'm being good though and sticking to liquids, mostly because I'm scared to death to mess something up or throw up. I went back to work today and I did ok. Pain got a little worse. It almost felt as though my insides were so swollen they were going to burst out of me. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better because I have to grocery shop and throw a wedding shower for 160 people...that will be the real torture. On the bright side I am down 5lbs! Woohoo!!!

Jackieu, I'm suffering with trapped gas in my chest and shoulder. No amount of walking or exercise or anything will ease it! Looks like I'm gonna have to suffer this one out! Xx

I'm sorry I know for some people the gas last a little longer hope you start to feel better soon. Are you using a heating pad? I think the heating pad really helped me with comfort.

I am 5 days post op today and feel so much better. The gas pains are gone and I am able to walk around a lot better oh my gosh that pain when getting in and outta bed is so much better now. I still have a hard time taking in shakes I can do a max of 2oz 3x daily and less than half of a Jello. This morning I actually got a greek yogurt and have about 3oz I am just so sick of those shakes. Oh my that yogurt was so good. I followed my pre op diet all the way and now I have one more day post op diet to have mushies which yogurt is one wth I had to cheat screw it I can't eat much anyways and wanna make sure I am getting some Protein. Does anyone know of protien shots or if there is anything else I can take for protien since I'm not eating much right now? I also lost 2lbs since surgery...yay!

i'm using powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein. can yall reccommend anything just as yummy with the same nutritional value?

chocolate splendor 1 scoop = 100 cal, .5g fat, 3 sugars, 4 carbs, 2o Protein

the canister is kinda small with only 17 scoops in it for about $25. I'm looking for something cheaper