Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah i will find out on tues. Ill keep you updated. How have you been feelings from the surgery?

I was also banded on the 13th so far I can get about 4oz of the Protein Shakes in if I go slow and take hour I can get the whole 8oz in. Not doing much other the Water which I've been doing fairly well at getting my daily amount of that. Today I still have pain in my left shoulder. Have cut myself back to only take pain meds at night. Over all doing ok.

I'm doing pretty good ... Iv been resting alot but trying to walk as much as I can . It's just stomach soreness at this point and my shoulder pain has done away. I find tht I have bad hunger pain but I'm not hungry it's the weirdest feeling ! I go see my doc next Friday and im hoping all is well cause I'm going away next weekend !

Woo hoo, congrats to you!!! I was banded Jun 30, 2011. I have only lost about 50 lbs, but I am just fine with that. I was very sick to my stomach the first 2-weeks, but haven't looked back since. I LOVE my band, it helps me control my eating which is exactly what it's suppose to do. Always think of your band as a tool, it can't do it by itself it needs you to use it correctly. My doctor is very strict, I've only had 3 fills since surgery and only at about 3.5cc's in my band. If my weight loss is more than an avg of 1-2 lbs per week, he will not fill. He wants his patients to do it the correct way and not lose to fast then have to worry about saggy skin. The only place I am really flabby is behind my arms, I go to the gym 4x per week and do about 40-50 minutes of cardio and another 30-minutes of the machines. You will do great, I wish you all lots of luck!!!

Awesome 50lbs is great. What was your starting weight? I am so worried about not losing weight which I guess most people worry about but I started at 197.

Wow u started at 197 ! I wish I started at 275 ! That prob why your not losing right away but stay consistent and I'm sure it will come off !!

Hi all- i was also banded on 3-13-12 and i'm doing great! i came home that day and the dr wouldn't give me my meds before so my mom had to run around town getting them for me. The pharmacy i go to didn't have the pain medicine so she had to come home, get my insurance card and go to another pharmacy, she was gone for a long time and i had some dry heaving spells from not having pain medicine when i needed it. once i got the medicine i was fine. I dry heaved about 4 times the day of surgery which freaked me out because i was afraid i would slip the band....i think i'm fine ;) i hope your dr's can give you your rx's before so you don't have this issue. I haven't had any gas pains until today in my left shoulder. I really think the dry heaving "helped" me get a lot of the gas out. The tape they used to cover my incisions gave me blisters so i was instructed to take them off....i have 21 staples and they don't look bad at all. I go this coming tuesday for my post op appt and the dr said he would remove the staples!! I am eating 1/2 cups of Jello at a time, 4oz silk light with 1/2 scoop of choc Unjury Protein 2 times a day but i think i'm going to up my dinner shake to 8oz. it takes me about 30 min to drink the 4oz shake. so glad yall are all on here talking! Question, do yall have any pain near your chest and breathing problems? sometimes i feel i can't catch my breath and other forums said it was a feeling like i was 9 months pregnant and had no room for anything.

Hi,

We're band twinsies.....I was banded 3/13/12 also. I have been feeling fine except gas pain and soreness at incisions. I walked 20 blocks to the surgery that morning from my hotel room because I was alone in a different town. Stayed off the pain meds so I could drive myself three hours home the next day and have been at home helping take care of my 3 kids since. (I did take them to daycare during the day so I could rest.) But as far as taking it easy, there's not much of that available to me. I'm a full time working mom of 3, also getting a master's degree on the side. It's back in the saddle for work on Monday.

I can drink more full liquids than I should I think, I have been able to pretty much keep pace with the pre-surgery liquid diet. My doc did fill my band about 2cc's in a 10 cc band during surgery. And my first fill is set for 4/21.

I just wanted to speak up since we are banded on the same day, would be fun to compare notes over time.

Smiles,

Amanda

Amanda - wow...I am exhausted just reading your post. Poor thing....you are working so hard. Kudos to you for doing this for yourself in the grand scheme of things and good luck in your journey.

Hi everyone...

Update-my surgery was on Monday and I am feeling so much better. I went shopping today with my mom and daughters. I have only had pain meds. once today and that was this morning. Walking has been fine.

I am drinking 70 grams of Protein a day (3 shakes-25 grams each), 2 cups of chicken broth (love it!) and 1 sugar free Jello each day. I have to take my time and this usually takes me all day to get everything in but I am NOT hungry. I am making myself finish the Protein shakes. I am also working on my Water intake. I am learning that I have to pace myself throughout the day. What used to take no time to drink a Protein shake, may take me about an hour or longer now. I am fine with that.

I haven't lost anything since the surgery but I am trying not to weigh each day. I lost 14 before surgery. I am letting my body adjust and do what it needs to. Personal note-BM made on third day. I was pretty nervous about this but Dr. told me to try Milk of Magnesia. Worked!

I hear my stomach churning alot. I am paying attention and when I hear it, I am happy that everything is functioning.

Monday, I begin Tomato Soup phase. Still Protein Shakes but moving into thicker substances. The third week will become soft foods and limiting shake intake but still getting in appropriate Protein amounts. 4th week-1 shake along with lunch and dinner.

My incisions are healing and I really am not in pain. Only when I try to stretch or turn in a weird way. I am able to function and will be going back to work on Monday.

I am really happy and everything is going as I expected. Good luck to everyone!

Hi all- i was also banded on 3-13-12 and i'm doing great! i came home that day and the dr wouldn't give me my meds before so my mom had to run around town getting them for me. The pharmacy i go to didn't have the pain medicine so she had to come home, get my insurance card and go to another pharmacy, she was gone for a long time and i had some dry heaving spells from not having pain medicine when i needed it. once i got the medicine i was fine. I dry heaved about 4 times the day of surgery which freaked me out because i was afraid i would slip the band....i think i'm fine ;) i hope your dr's can give you your rx's before so you don't have this issue. I haven't had any gas pains until today in my left shoulder. I really think the dry heaving "helped" me get a lot of the gas out. The tape they used to cover my incisions gave me blisters so i was instructed to take them off....i have 21 staples and they don't look bad at all. I go this coming tuesday for my post op appt and the dr said he would remove the staples!! I am eating 1/2 cups of Jello at a time, 4oz silk light with 1/2 scoop of choc unjury Protein 2 times a day but i think i'm going to up my dinner shake to 8oz. it takes me about 30 min to drink the 4oz shake. so glad yall are all on here talking! Question, do yall have any pain near your chest and breathing problems? sometimes i feel i can't catch my breath and other forums said it was a feeling like i was 9 months pregnant and had no room for anything.

I have a little trouble with getting air in especially when I'm trying to talk to the kids I run out of air but it is getting better everyday. I was also banded on 3/13/12 keep me posted on your progress and get some rest.

Amanda - wow...I am exhausted just reading your post. Poor thing....you are working so hard. Kudos to you for doing this for yourself in the grand scheme of things and good luck in your journey.

Oh, I'm OK. I could have stayed at the hotel another night, but hubby has not been particularly excited about the whole band thing, really wished I wouldn't do it, but thats a whole other story. And so I was trying to make this as quick and painless for him as possible. While I was gone he had to handle things at home by himself and that is super hard when he's supposed to leave for work before daycare even opens. We are self-pay for the surgery, so really cannot afford for either of us to take time off of work. I am a teacher and scheduled this for my spring break.

It will be good to have people on here to talk to about the surgery and process. I just counted and I am up to 1195 calories full liquid and 122protien on day 4 which I am afraid is probably too much.

On another note, my best friend's mother in law came and took her two little kids away for the weekend, JUST CAUSE....which made me cry with jealousy. Never in my life has someone done that for me. She has no idea how awesome that is.

Hi there! I just got my band on 03/14/12. I have been having some gas issues as well as incision pain. I haven't looked yet because the nurse said not to remove the bandages for three days. I have been drinking mostly Water and a few ounces of Protein Shake and chicken broth. I have only felt hungry once since the surgery and that was this afternoon. A couple of ounces of chicken broth solved that and then I felt stuffed. I guess I'm still pretty swollen. I'm going to attempt to go back to work tomorrow. I will be checking in to try and keep track of what y'all are going through since you have a few days on me. Congratulations!!

Hi,

We're band twinsies.....I was banded 3/13/12 also. I have been feeling fine except gas pain and soreness at incisions. I walked 20 blocks to the surgery that morning from my hotel room because I was alone in a different town. Stayed off the pain meds so I could drive myself three hours home the next day and have been at home helping take care of my 3 kids since. (I did take them to daycare during the day so I could rest.) But as far as taking it easy, there's not much of that available to me. I'm a full time working mom of 3, also getting a master's degree on the side. It's back in the saddle for work on Monday.

I can drink more full liquids than I should I think, I have been able to pretty much keep pace with the pre-surgery liquid diet. My doc did fill my band about 2cc's in a 10 cc band during surgery. And my first fill is set for 4/21.

I just wanted to speak up since we are banded on the same day, would be fun to compare notes over time.

Smiles,

Amanda

Wow..your are amazing my gosh I don't know how you did all of that. Thank god I have my husband cause their is no way I was in to much pain after the surgery I still need help. My husband even put me a little bel on the side of my bed so I can ring when I need something...lol..I hae four kids but the youngest is 10 so they have been making me my shakes and getting my Water I guess I am just being spoiled. Really though you are a strong woman. As far as the surgery I don't have anymore gas pain thank god I have heard of people having up to a week mine stopped last night. I am just very sore from the incisions.