Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am now banded as of this morning. When I came out of the surgery I did have a lot of chest pain and shoulder pain which is referred to as gas pain the nurse did give me some meds for pain and it helped out a lot. Now I'm at home and I took some gas x and that really helped I have not had any stomach cramping which I'm I thought I would just some shoulder pain but not as bad as I thought. I do feel very sore from the incisions that bothers me the most especially when I have to get out of bed.I am walking every hour for 5-10mins to prevent any blood clots. My surgeron and everyone did an awesome job!

Congratulations. Relax and heal. Post an update soon.

I will be updating how I am recovering cause I know I wanted to read as much as I could from everyone who was going through this so that way I knew what to expect.

Thanks Jackie - I am glad thisngs went well for you, and look forward to your coming posts!

Good evening,

I was banded yesterday. I am happy. I am also a bit sore at incision site, mostly at the port area. The other incisions don't seem to be bothering me. I have been successful today. My surgeon did a fill during surgery which I read was uncommon. But, he felt that I could go ahead and start. Today I have had 2 Protein shakes, 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 sugar free Jello. I am full. I am not at sore as yesterday and I am looking forward to it getting better each day. Congratulations on your band.

I am now banded as of this morning. When I came out of the surgery I did have a lot of chest pain and shoulder pain which is referred to as gas pain the nurse did give me some meds for pain and it helped out a lot. Now I'm at home and I took some gas x and that really helped I have not had any stomach cramping which I'm I thought I would just some shoulder pain but not as bad as I thought. I do feel very sore from the incisions that bothers me the most especially when I have to get out of bed.I am walking every hour for 5-10mins to prevent any blood clots. My surgeron and everyone did an awesome job!

Jackieu,

I was also banded this morning. Most of my pain is from the gas pain in shoulder guessing should takemy gas x :o/

Doctor told me I had a hernia that he repaired while he was in there. I was bit surprised about that causeivenever had any issues with heartburn or reflux oh we'll glad it's fix. Where did you have surgery? Mine was done in KS city New Hope Bariatric. Would be great to follow your progress since we were banded on the same day. If you have Facebook you can find me on there as banded Stacy. Good luck to you looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

I have been have the same type of pain in my shoulder but the gas x strips really help I take 2-3 strips I did that 3x today and also my pain meds. I had my surgery in san antonio texas at true results which I was very happy with. I would love to follow your progress kinda neat knowing someone that had the lapband on the same day. I also had a hernia fixed but I knew before I went into the surgery. So how are you doing with eating today? Do they have you on skakes?

Yes, I'm on shakes, broth, Popsicles,jello & Gatorade. I've only had one shake today lots of Gatorade and a few Popsicles. I've kinda had to force all that into me. I've now taken the gas-x and hope that helps me. Oh and I'm pushing the Water as much as I can. It is really great to follow another that was banded on the same day. I've also started posting vlogs on YouTube under the banded Stacy if your interested. I'm new to all of this was and everything else. I just tried to learn as much as I could from different resources before the surgery.

Hi all,

Banded 3/1/12, stayed overnight, couldnt pee and low O2. It is interesting to read all the different methods. Every doc is different from others. I have had a great experience so far.

Dont rush things,, stomach must heal. My day 1-7 diet was 2oz protien shake 5x day , chewable mulit Vitamin and 64oz min water/broth/jello/popcicles. No nausea, little pain. Take the meds, they will help you relax and heal. Don't push it. Just walk around the house, do things for yourself, should be fine for exercise.

My only problem is one I had with my gall bladder surgery too, and it is this "dead arm" feeling, not sure if it is gas bubble or from IV,, but it is going away.

I had tons of energy at first, but now have fatigue. Had my followup, with surgeon and dietician. I am right on track. Add all Vitamins now and 1c skim milk/day should help fatigue. Will start adding walking to build to 30 min in 1 month. Oh I also gained weight when I went to soft foods, but all was OK with Doc and weight has come back off. He suggested I only look 1/week.

What do I eat? I am on soft food phase,, luckily(or maybe not) I am tolerating everything. I have no hunger except when it is about time to eat. I am fighting my night desire to eat,,

I can easily do 3/4 cup which is the max and I am satisfied. Scrabled egg, Low fat refried beans(with salsa and cheese) shaved lunchmeat, cheese slices, 1/2 of those thin Buns? , greek yogurt with mandrin oranges, dinty moore canned chic and dumplings, dinty moore canned roast beef, had lasagna,,, (forgot and had salad too,, not supposed to do raw veggies yet)

So, I have lost 24 lbs since this started ( I had to do a 10 day diet to shrink liver before surgery). Do I notice? Maybe in my pinkie!!

I will be updating how I am recovering cause I know I wanted to read as much as I could from everyone who was going through this so that way I knew what to expect.

I'm so glad you're doing well, and I'm also glad you're posting how it went and how things are going now. I'm going in tomorrow for mine. Like you I've been reading a lot to see how other experiences have been so that I can prepare. Get well and keep posting would love to hear how it's going.

I didn't sleep very good last night since I want to make sure I get enough Water I have been drinking a lot so I had to get up to the restroom a few times last night. Also everytime I get up I do about a 10min walk through the house to keep my legs moving a little and while in bed I make sure I strech my legs out about every 5-10min when I'm awake. Today I am very sore and the gas feels trapped in my chest hopefully I start to get some relief later today. I will be taking my pain meds today for sure hopefully by tommorow I can stop them but depends how I feel cause I have to return to work Monday so I need to recover by then which I'm sure I will have no problem. I wish you the best with your surgery today and your recovery keep us posted on how everything goes.

Jackieu,

I was also banded this morning. Most of my pain is from the gas pain in shoulder guessing should takemy gas x :o/

Doctor told me I had a hernia that he repaired while he was in there. I was bit surprised about that causeivenever had any issues with heartburn or reflux oh we'll glad it's fix. Where did you have surgery? Mine was done in KS city New Hope Bariatric. Would be great to follow your progress since we were banded on the same day. If you have Facebook you can find me on there as banded Stacy. Good luck to you looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

I can't find you on facebook?

My email on Facebook is juriegas29@gmail.com but I haven't mentioned anything about my lapband to anyone one their some people do know close friends and family but the others don't know yet.

LOL, I've told everyone :) You can find me on FB at TammyWGeorge. How are you doing today?

Doing okay if it wasn't for this gas trapped in my chest I would be so much better. How are you doing?