Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm super excited for mine tomorrow. Not excited for the gas issue though. Is that the only pain your feeling? They told me I can come back to work on Monday, so I'm hoping that's the case, since I had to finance half the surgery.

Well the gas pain is pretty bad its more in the chest area and my left shoulder. When I came out of surgery that was the first thing I felt was pain in my shoulder and pressure in my chest so I am just hoping this goes away cause I have to go back to work this coming week as well. Also sore from the incisions I haven't even looked at them cause I am scared to but my huband has been checking them every couple of hours for me and he says they look good just bruised around the areas. I also had to pay half my surgery because it is excluded on my insurance but because I had a hernia the insurance paid half thank god cause I wasn't gonna be able to pay all.

Well the gas pain is pretty bad its more in the chest area and my left shoulder. When I came out of surgery that was the first thing I felt was pain in my shoulder and pressure in my chest so I am just hoping this goes away cause I have to go back to work this coming week as well. Also sore from the incisions I haven't even looked at them cause I am scared to but my huband has been checking them every couple of hours for me and he says they look good just bruised around the areas. I also had to pay half my surgery because it is excluded on my insurance but because I had a hernia the insurance paid half thank god cause I wasn't gonna be able to pay all.

I would recommend having a small heating pad because that has helped so much I lay on it behind my shoulder also have your gas x strips ready cause I took them as soon as I got home. Is your surgery going to be outpatient?

LOL' date=' I've told everyone :) You can find me on FB at TammyWGeorge. How are you doing today?[/quote']

How strange you can't find me on fb. I think I've found you are you from mesquite TX?

How strange you can't find me on fb. I think I've found you are you from mesquite TX?

Sure do :)

Sure do :)

Ok I've sent friend request to who I think you are lol we shall see

Ok I've sent friend request to who I think you are lol we shall see

Yay!! You found me. :)

Thought this would be a good place to post this. I had reposition surgery last Thursday, and yesterday my left shoulder started aching and cramping. You know how you feel when you are running and you get that little cringe in your side? That is what is going on with my left side of my rid cage, and it is going into my left shoulder. Anyone know what this could be? Gas? I took some gas relief medicine, and it hasn't helped much. I couldn't even turn on my left side last night to sleep because it hurt so bad. I didn't have this pain my first go around so it's weird.

So I am reading your story and am very excited to see your surgery day experience. Now that I am getting closer, I am really interested to hear what people go through the day of and after you get home. Gas seems to be a common theme, so I'll be prepared for that. Can't wait to see more of your updates.

So I am reading your story and am very excited to see your surgery day experience. Now that I am getting closer, I am really interested to hear what people go through the day of and after you get home. Gas seems to be a common theme, so I'll be prepared for that. Can't wait to see more of your updates.

Yes, for me the most pain had been in my left shoulder I have been sitting with my heat pad on it and had to sleep with it on also. I also found that I slept better when I propped myself up in bed.

Can I just add that I have ordered a sample packet of shakes from jayrobb.com and although they are a little expensive they rock!! anyone reading this should at least try the sample pack.

This afternoon I wanted to shower since it has been 24hrs since the surgery and I was doing okay till I started washing my face and then when I opened my eyes I felt like I was going to faint. I don't know what happen but all of a sudden my vision was acting really weird and the room felt like it was moving so I just walked straight out of the shower to my bed and started to take deep breaths and then it passed. I am thinking maybe its the pain meds that made me like that but it was horrible I hope that doesn't happen again. Other than that crazy story my mobility has gotten better since this morning.

This afternoon I wanted to shower since it has been 24hrs since the surgery and I was doing okay till I started washing my face and then when I opened my eyes I felt like I was going to faint. I don't know what happen but all of a sudden my vision was acting really weird and the room felt like it was moving so I just walked straight out of the shower to my bed and started to take deep breaths and then it passed. I am thinking maybe its the pain meds that made me like that but it was horrible I hope that doesn't happen again. Other than that crazy story my mobility has gotten better since this morning.

Sounds like we all are experiencing the "gas". Mine is in my left shoulder and must hit a nerve because it radiates in my elbow and wrist. Heating pad seams to help and massage. BE GOOD TO YOURSELF! I rub myself down with biofreeze (like ben gay) massage and elevate my arm on a pillow when I sleep, has seemed to do the trick. IT will go away.

Jackieu, sounds like it is your pain pills, be sure you are sipping your Protein Shake. You may need to give yourself a little more time.

The constant peeing will subside,, they loaded you full of fluids during surgery,, you will equal out. Make sure you have a BM in the first 3 days, if not 2 tsp of Milk of Magnesia will do the trick.

Hang in there girl,, It is all part of surgery,, not just the lap band.

I was banded on the 9th. Went back to work today. New to this site. I am also having the shoulder pain. It hurts more than the incisions. My surgeon told me it is from them messing with the phrenic nerve. That crazily enough goes from the stomach to the left shoulder. It's great to see how everyone is doing and how positive everyone is towards others.