Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill And Disappointed...

Wow' date=' are you kidding me? First of all, NEVER do a fill without fluro. They can't see what their doing and could puncture the tubing, not to mention they have to feel around blindly and cause you more pain and stress. I don't care what anyone says about the radiation from the machine, it's just an x-ray, you get your boobs smashed and x-rayed every year, you'd get an x-ray if it was a broken leg, or for anything else like that, and if they are not doing your fills under fluro, you need to seriously rethink your doctor. Secondly, why are you getting a fill while you are still swollen? Fills should not be done until you are healed, you'll just be causing more irritation around the band and the port, and pain for yourself. Listen to your body and yourself, not your doctor so much. They don't know everything, and that they are so eager to do fills while you are still swollen and healing also makes me concerned about your doctor's policies. While you are healing, you should only be worried about healing and getting enough nutrition, the weight will come off anyway, but don't worry about losing until you are healed and feeling better.[/quote']

My surgeon does them in his office without fluro. He is attached to a hospital if there is an issue but I was told that he doesn't do them under fluro. He leads a center of excellence and has performed over 7,000 LB surgeries so I keep have confidence that he knows what he is doing. I can't make demands if there isn't a fluro option in his office and I can't just switch. I think you are lucky if you have that option but instilling fear in all of us that we will have major medical issues if we don't have the same benefit as you probably isn't the best thing on here.

That sounds rough; sounds like you got a new person doing your fills. Mine are also done by nurses but I've never had a problem and never had a fluro. As for the amount, maybe you could ask for more next time? I guess their worry is they don't want you to get too tight (and sometimes the restriction comes a few days later, I don't know why!). If your fills are included, then take advantage of that first year; go every 4-6 weeks if you have to! You'll get there!

I have never had fluoro and apparently dont need it. I would just ask for the nurse who did access your port by name and bring her a treat as a thank you (this works amazingly well and much better than complaining). I did this when I was having to get blood drawn routinely and there was only one nurse who could do it in a couple of sticks instead of ten! A tray of caramel apples for the whole staff assured me I would always get her! Nurses are often very underappreciated and a small gesture can get you what you want!

Xavier, very well said and i totally agree with you!

:rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches