Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Unhappy :(

I just had my first fill yesterday. He put 1 cc in a 11 cc band. Anybody else have a dr put in such a small amount? He said it usually takes 4-6 fills before his pts feel any restriction. He does fills every 4 weeks. I don't feel any restriction and apparently I won't for a while. He's a pretty good dr so I trust his judgement. I just wish restriction would come sooner.

Thanks guys for all these posts. I was banded 7/7/11 and have lost 85 pounds. I have a 10 cc band and I don't know how much is in it but I think around 5-6cc. I don't feel any restriction yet but do see the doctor on Friday of this week. I have not had a fill since December and it is time to do one again. I get very hungry between meals..not a good sign. My new problem is BLOATING. I feel like a beached whale with an intertube around my lower abdomen. I have enough gas to fill a taker truck and I can clear a room (sorry ' date=' I know TMI) when the gas decides it is time to leave the body. My stomach makes so much noise I can't attend the weekly business meetings here at work, the whole room laughs at my belly noises (not me). HELP ! I told the doctor and he shruded it off - I don't get it. Something is causing this and it is related to the band/diet as I did not have this before. I have gone from a 20W in slacks to a 14 but every few days the 14's get very tight in the waist and this tube developes around my middle. I have tried Gas X and more Water, no carbonated drinks and stepping up the exercise but "really" !!! this is the pits and I would like my doctor to care as much as I do. I have had no complaints with him until now, but he and I are going to talk this Friday !!! FYI, I am doing a 5K on Saturday - maybe I can walk off some of this "GAS" !!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so..what did your doctor say and what did you do about it....I really need you help/advice.....I love my band (with plication) but not the gas/bloating/stinky stuff...HELP !!!!!!!!!

Melinda in Florida[/quote']

I hope this makes you smile.... Perhaps you should wait to talk to the md about the gas issue until after the 5k, and instead levy it into a sort of jet propulsion to help you along??

I just had my first fill yesterday. He put 1 cc in a 11 cc band. Anybody else have a dr put in such a small amount? He said it usually takes 4-6 fills before his pts feel any restriction. He does fills every 4 weeks. I don't feel any restriction and apparently I won't for a while. He's a pretty good dr so I trust his judgement. I just wish restriction would come sooner.

I just had my first fill at 5 weeks....I am at 5 cc but don't go by what everyone else has..It's your body !! it will adjust to you . Today I feel a bit restricted but it is just reminding me to chew and eat slower..That's what this is all about..It's no quick fix ! My Dr. does fills every 4 weeks if needed.....or un-fill the day after you get a fill if its too restricted. Hang in there !

I usually only get .5 or 1 cc per fill....however I've had a lot of issues and have had 3 de-fills over time. I think your doctor is being cautious and not wanting you to be too full (trust me, it sucks!).

Yeah, he said he would rather do it gradually than overfill and have to remove it all and have to start over. ( I am not sure if that's his process to remove it all if the pt is overfilled?) I am good with that.

Thanks guys for all these posts. I was banded 7/7/11 and have lost 85 pounds. I have a 10 cc band and I don't know how much is in it but I think around 5-6cc. I don't feel any restriction yet but do see the doctor on Friday of this week. I have not had a fill since December and it is time to do one again. I get very hungry between meals..not a good sign. My new problem is BLOATING. I feel like a beached whale with an intertube around my lower abdomen. I have enough gas to fill a taker truck and I can clear a room (sorry , I know TMI) when the gas decides it is time to leave the body. My stomach makes so much noise I can't attend the weekly business meetings here at work, the whole room laughs at my belly noises (not me). HELP ! I told the doctor and he shruded it off - I don't get it. Something is causing this and it is related to the band/diet as I did not have this before. I have gone from a 20W in slacks to a 14 but every few days the 14's get very tight in the waist and this tube developes around my middle. I have tried Gas X and more Water, no carbonated drinks and stepping up the exercise but "really" !!! this is the pits and I would like my doctor to care as much as I do. I have had no complaints with him until now, but he and I are going to talk this Friday !!! FYI, I am doing a 5K on Saturday - maybe I can walk off some of this "GAS" !!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so..what did your doctor say and what did you do about it....I really need you help/advice.....I love my band (with plication) but not the gas/bloating/stinky stuff...HELP !!!!!!!!!

Melinda in Florida

I would keep a food journal noting each food you eat and at what times you feel gassy. You may find a correlation between food and bloating.

My doctor was like that 1 cc or ½ cc at a time but that was fine with me. It was hard for me to get use to them each time. I felt restriction really soon went 2 years and only 3 cc in a 10 cc Band and lost 84 lbs with really no hunger after the first month. I still can go all day and not eat unless I think of it. Not sure why but I like it. Now if they could just do something about the head hunger it never goes away.

Cheri

keep track of what you;re eating and when you have gas , this way you can hopefully figure out what is causing the gas. for me, its certain nuts, like Brazil nuts. also powdered Protein Drinks block me up and make me gassy.

I also have the bloating problem and my doctor wasn't interested either! Just told me to take charcoal tablets. Which no one seems to sell! If you find any solution please let me know.

My first fill, my dr did 6cc in my 14 cc band. I thought it was a big fill, but still didnt feel alot of restriction. I went back in 3 weeks later (about 10 days ago) and got my second fill. This time it was 1cc. I go back in 4 weeks. My doctor also does 4 weeks between fills because he says it helps your body adjust to what you have. I can tell you the first week after the fill I did not feel as much restriction as I have in the past 2 days! I also learned my lesson last night to listen to my body better. I took just 1 bite more than I should have and was in so much pain until I threw up....then I felt great. I have lost 4 lbs since my last fill, which I'm super excited about. Now that the scale is moving in the right direction again...I'm happy!!!

I have not had my band yet (scheduled 5/22/12). However, I am confused. i keep reading about everyone wanting to get to restriction. However, I thought restriction meant you were on read zone and that the green zone meant no restriction and just no hunger. I think you dont have to have restriction to be doing well (from all I have read). You really just need to not feel hungry. If you are trusting restriction to stop you from eating, it may be that you are not following the rules.

However, I could be totally wrong, that is why I am asking.....Thanks for correcting me if I am wrong or explaining this restriction issue more.

It is the restriction that stops you feeling hungry. That is the whole point of the band it restricts what you can eat and holds the food longer so you feel full longer.

The 'sweet' zone is when you reach a point when the band stops you eating and you maintain your weight (or lose depending on where you are in your weight loss) and you can eat just the right amount

Thanks guys for all these posts. I was banded 7/7/11 and have lost 85 pounds. I have a 10 cc band and I don't know how much is in it but I think around 5-6cc. I don't feel any restriction yet but do see the doctor on Friday of this week. I have not had a fill since December and it is time to do one again. I get very hungry between meals..not a good sign. My new problem is BLOATING. I feel like a beached whale with an intertube around my lower abdomen. I have enough gas to fill a taker truck and I can clear a room (sorry , I know TMI) when the gas decides it is time to leave the body. My stomach makes so much noise I can't attend the weekly business meetings here at work, the whole room laughs at my belly noises (not me). HELP ! I told the doctor and he shruded it off - I don't get it. Something is causing this and it is related to the band/diet as I did not have this before. I have gone from a 20W in slacks to a 14 but every few days the 14's get very tight in the waist and this tube developes around my middle. I have tried Gas X and more Water, no carbonated drinks and stepping up the exercise but "really" !!! this is the pits and I would like my doctor to care as much as I do. I have had no complaints with him until now, but he and I are going to talk this Friday !!! FYI, I am doing a 5K on Saturday - maybe I can walk off some of this "GAS" !!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so..what did your doctor say and what did you do about it....I really need you help/advice.....I love my band (with plication) but not the gas/bloating/stinky stuff...HELP !!!!!!!!!

Melinda in Florida

When that happens to me I take Super Acidophilus. It's a supplement. Works on an overgrowth of candida in your gut which can lead to excess gas. It works wonders for me. Good luck.

Melinda...Track what you are eating and then rule out what makes you bloatie and gasey.

I have not had my band yet (scheduled 5/22/12). However, I am confused. i keep reading about everyone wanting to get to restriction. However, I thought restriction meant you were on read zone and that the green zone meant no restriction and just no hunger. I think you dont have to have restriction to be doing well (from all I have read). You really just need to not feel hungry. If you are trusting restriction to stop you from eating, it may be that you are not following the rules.

However, I could be totally wrong, that is why I am asking.....Thanks for correcting me if I am wrong or explaining this restriction issue more.

Red zone is having too much Fluid in your band and being unable to eat comfortably. Green zone is when you can eat, following the banster rules, and you stay satisfied for 4 to 6 hours after. Many people throw the "restriction" word around when talkimg about having the proper amount of Fluid in your band. Doctors HATE this term because patients think the goalof the band is to prevent (restrict) them from eating and therefore they will lose. The band is suppose to work by food stimulting a hormone in the upper stomach (where your pouch is) thus tricking your brain into believing you've had a huge meal. You brain then stays satisfied, or hunger free, for longer periods of

time. I hope I haven't butchered this medical explanation too much! If you google Dr. Simpson, you'll find the article he wrote explaining what restriction refers to.

Good luck to all of you!