Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long Time This I Have Been On This Site

Hi All,

I haven't been on this site in a while. I have been busy with this crazy life! :) I just wanted to share that the Lap Band has changed my life and I am so happy. I had my surgery on August 4,2011, I weighed in at 256. This morning I weighted 188lbs. It has been a lot of working out and really watching my portions. I currently have 5.5ccs and I do feel restriction. I get stuck sometimes... god is that awful.... but it is always because I have tried to eat too fast or not chew enough.

I came to share this with you, because i was thinking how much this site helped me in the beginning couple of months. I had so many questions and concerns. It felt so good to see that people were making progress and taking time out to give us newbies advice.

So, to any of you just starting out... be patient,exercise (it's not so bad :)) and follow your Dr.'s advice. It will come off, really!!!

Good luck everyone!

Laurie

Good to hear from someone who is happy, doing well and offering words of encouragement.

Keep up the good work

Fantastic news and I'm glad you're back! It really helps to hear the success stories! Just a quick couple of questions...when did you start working out and what do you do for a workout? I haven't really done any exercise (other than walking) but I should get on that.

Thank you... I started walking a couple weeks after surgery and joined the gym a month after. I started out slow and set goals for myself on the treadmil and eliptical. I know the gym is not for everyone but I feel pretty strongly that you need to find some form of exercise that you are willing to do 3-5 times a week. I know some friends that do a mixture of either kickboxing, swimming, yoga or just standard gym workout.

I signed up to do a 5K a week from Sunday, so every other day at the gym I really focus on running. The other days I work on the weight machines or do the eliptical or stairmaster. I try and take advantage of the various classes at the gym on the weekend, I have tried yoga,zumba,cycling and body pump. It is good to try it all and see what sticks.

I hope that is helpful! :) Good Luck!

Thanks!

Wow !!! You are doing great.. I was banded a few days after you (August 19, 2011) starting weight 248 and currently 198. I have to agree with you, exercise plays a very important role, and you have to find that one thing that you enjoy to actually make it to the gym. I actually really like zumba, and I try to go 5 times a week, and just this week I started taking body pump. Good luck to you, looks like you are doing great.