Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have heard many bandster us the Vodak Water with Squeeze Lime. i may try it, i havnt tried it yet....

I had to get used to it as I was never a Big Liquor Drinker

I average about 2 - 3 beers per week. I find that it affects me much quicker than before.

No problems with weight loss by keeping beer in my diet, but I do keep the calories in mind and try to limit intake.

When I have a drink I want to eat and it goes down very easily. I try not to drink because of this.

Crystal

When I have a drink I want to eat and it goes down very easily. I try not to drink because of this.

Crystal

I noticed the same thing. also what happens to me is that the next day i have more restrictions. my band gets tighter and i am not able to as much. it feels yucky the next day. i try and stay away from the drinking but sometime you just need to relax a bit! lol....

weight.png

I drink usually one night a week - it's Water, ice and a shot of absolute - then i add crystal light - i think you will find that is as low of calories that a drink gets and it's non-carbonated. I feel the effects slightly more - but likely because i weigh less and there's usually less food in my stomach. Enjoy your cocktails! BEST OF LUCK TO US ALL ON OUR JOURNEYS!!!!!target.gif

I drink often! Haha. No problems with non-carbonation (wine, spirits). Beer can make me gassy (but then so can soda, which I really don't drink anymore, sometimes the bubbles hurt). To be honest, there have been days where I have been tight all day, and having a couple of glasses of wine before dinner helps me to not get stuck.

My personal experience is not much but I noticed a difference. I had a one mojito on my birthday and was very typsy.... Needless to say I didn't need another. The acohol starts to effect me a lot quicker now.

Just be careful, sip, cause it'll sneak up on you.

teeth_smile.gif fefe

Lapband with Plication April 11 2011

weight.png

You can drink beer? Since it's carbonated I was told I could never have again. That is the biggest thing I will mourn.

Sorry, my "My Content" hasn't been working. Yes, I can drink beer. My surgeon says if carbonation bothers you, don't do it, otherwise in his opinion the digestive system is not a closed system. The gasses escape in the form of hiccups, burps or the other end. He feels we'd be in great amounts of pain before damage would be done to our pouches.

Soda almost always gives me the hiccups, and I just don't have the taste for it these days. Beer on the other hand, I enjoy. Sometimes it will give me the hiccups, but for me, it is worth the risk as it is rare, and I love it so. I do keep the calories in mind.

I don't really care for soda except when mixed with alcohol. :). But I am excitedmfor the beer part. I know I can't guzzle a siz pack or anything but just knowing I can someday have a beer at an alehouse makes me happy.

long island iced tea

long island iced tea

Long island iced tea are also my favorite drink but they get me drunk so i stay away from them and stick to Red WIne.

I notice that everytime i would drink a Long island my band would become very tight and i would not be able to eat the next day. it would make me feel yucky! so i guess follow your instings on how you feel, its a sign right? lol... teeth_smile.gifcornut.gif

Well Long Islands do have carbonation from the coke in it. A maybe that gloats you and is what makes you feel yucky.

I don't even know what I'm going to be drinking once I'm healed. I love alcohol but was mainly a beer drinker. I will probably be doing margaritas or red wine when I'm allowed. Sigh.

I meant maybe the coke gloats you not gloats you. Haha

Wtf? My stupid IPAD autocorrect. Won't let me spell b l o a t.

I meant maybe the coke gloats you not gloats you. Haha

OH!!! Stop Bloating!!