Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got Unfilled Today...

I hadn't had a fill since July and I was optimized. I was going in for my 1 year check up and considered a fill because I only lost 7lbs since August.

My appetite had gone up, but probably not enough to need a fill, I just wanted it.unsure.png

I got a .5ml fill on Wednesday and since I had to get some of my fill taken out before, I took it slow and did all liquids until Friday. It was difficult keeping down even the clear Soups and liquids but I thought the swelling would go down. I had some Soup with little pieces of corn on Friday evening and PB'ed. Saturday morning, I could barely keep Water down so I called the surgeon and he met me in ER and took out all the Fluid in my band.

I'm almost at my 1 year mark so I'm kicking myself for getting a fill. I was losing and maybe not at the pace I wanted but now I have to start over, fill wise. I'm hoping my story can help encourage you to take it slow.

I will never understand why they would take out ALL the Fluid when it seems like just a tiny unfill would have done the trick.

By this morning I wasn't keeping any Water down.

I had a complete unfill 10 months ago because I wasn't able to keep anything down either. I put on quite a bit of weight but they thingk due to me be dehydrated most of it was Water weight. I did put on some extra pounds but my doctor wasn't too concerned however I'm still struggling to find my "sweet spot". Trying to get back on track but the weight hasn't came off but I'm still losing inches.

I had a complete unfill 10 months ago because I wasn't able to keep anything down either. I put on quite a bit of weight but they thingk due to me be dehydrated most of it was Water weight. I did put on some extra pounds but my doctor wasn't too concerned however I'm still struggling to find my "sweet spot". Trying to get back on track but the weight hasn't came off but I'm still losing inches.

I 've had the same problem since Oct when I had my revision due to sliappage. I finally am back at 5 cc and seem to be okay, unless I eat something I should not. I am loosing again, and that is my main thing, as I had gained about 10 lbs between OCt and Jan. Good luck to us all , Karen

I have a similiar story. My band had shifted down so they took half my Fluid out. Ugh, right before Christmas! I went back last week and they gave me half of what they took out before. I haven't noticed a big difference and am mad at myself for being greedy in the first place and getting a fill when it wasn't absolutely necessary. I guess it's a learning process so hang in there Suzahhn.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches