Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded March of 2011 and everything was going good(lost 40lbs) till about Oct. I was at 13cc in 14 band.My last check in was in july in our old state and it took me till January to find a Dr. of this year 2012. Well he pulled saline out which actually stung from my belly up to my chest and he only got 8cc out ! I told him I have no problems eating again . He assured me it wasnt leaking but where is the saline going? So he put some more in and its only been 3 days but Im not feeling full ! Im so frustrated cause it will be a year soon and I thought Id be further along. The nurse said sometimes this happends and they dont know why but after time saline goes away(or something to that effect). Has anyone else had this problem ? I go back in 4 weeks : (

Wow you were at 13cc on your 14cc band

I to have the 14 cc band, got my band 8 months ago, I have 10.75 cc on my band now

and I have only lost 10 pounds :( Yes only 10 freaken pounds in 8 months!!

there is time when I could eat really good, like if I did not have a band

and there is time, when I canot eat anything!!!

So tired of this, I have never been in that sweet spot that people talk about I am always hungry!!

I hate to start a response to this, for fear it will be to long, so I'll try to make it short. I said try... I was banded 7/11. I have lost 36 lbs. so far, not complaining, just not excited. I only have 3cc in my band, and have had trouble! I woke up from surgery and I couldn't breathe. They took me back in there and removed the very little they put in for a jump start.I was fine that first month, basically felt that sweet spot then, I felt full all the time, and that was on liquids, and mashed potatoes. Then after my 1st fill, it was too tight, I stuck my finger down my throat after everything I ate, I thought it was my fault, cause I was eating too fast, swallowing too big a bite, but by doing this I was starving myself, and my stomach growled so loud! I waited til my next app, though and should have went in earlier, but I didn't , I had lost 8 lbs, so I was happy. The next month, was more of the same, tighter in the mornings, the only time I wouldn't have trouble eating much was around 8 at night.. I was still purging by way of finger. I had worked on slowing down on my eating too! so by then my body started hanging on to the fat thinking I was starving it, and weightloss has slowed down since, I went back every two weeks for a month or so, they would take some out , they would put some back. I have had 2 xrays during all of this and my band is fine. I am constantly starving! Then I purged and it was all mucus!

Yes sorry I know it's gross, but I do have a lot of drainage. obviously more than I could of ever imagined, I didn't realize I swallowed so much and it was plugging up my band, causing food to get stuck, So I now drink hot coffee to dissolve it , before I eat anything, and it seems to help so much so that I can eat larger portions, of relatively soft foods, Soups, which they don't like that cause they pass right through the band and leaves you hungry. So needless to say, I am now lost, I need to exercise for the most part to get another jump on losing again! I just feel like I've lost what was up, and I'm just reeling ! I just want someone to help with some advice or anything, I just need a pep talk. It seems like I have been eating the same things now for months, and I am so tired of them.Anyway, blah blah blah sorry it was long!

Then after my 1st fill, it was too tight, I stuck my finger down my throat after everything I ate, I thought it was my fault, cause I was eating too fast, swallowing too big a bite, but by doing this I was starving myself, and my stomach growled so loud! I waited til my next app, though and should have went in earlier, but I didn't , I had lost 8 lbs, so I was happy. The next month, was more of the same, tighter in the mornings, the only time I wouldn't have trouble eating much was around 8 at night.. I was still purging by way of finger. I had worked on slowing down on my eating too! so by then my body started hanging on to the fat thinking I was starving it, and weightloss has slowed down since, I went back every two weeks for a month or so, they would take some out , they would put some back. I have had 2 xrays during all of this and my band is fine. I am constantly starving! Then I purged and it was all mucus!

I am not understanding here- have you purposefully been making yourself "purge" so you can eat more, or so you have eaten, feel full, but don't actually get the calories (like binging)?!

It is not my place to lecture you, but if you are purposefully causing yourself to vomit, aside from the psychological issues, I would be worried about the actual long-term viability of the band. I can't imagine that continually puking is good for the band, and if this is an everyday occurrence, I would say that a slip in your future is likely.

I hope I have just misread your post and you have not been purposefully purging. If you have been, I would hope you have sought out someone to talk to about this.