Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

I know with my BCBS PPO that a BMI of 35 would be accepted with co-morbidities. I also want to say (don't hold me on this as it was 8 months ago when I heard it) that the education insurance is the best to have becasue there are no pre-surgury requirments such as a supervised diet. I believe the MESSA is educational correct?

Yes MESSA is the educational insurance for many teachers and support staff. They do not require a pysch eval nor a supervised weight loss program. However retired educators have BC/BS PPO which is a whole different ballgame!

James, I'm betting your comorbidites would qualify. Got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Judy

Hold the phone! I'm from Michigan!! Where are you getting banded? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat. Welcome to LBT! :)

HI, My name is Cathy ....I am from suburb of Detroit....I had my band on Feb 13th, 2007...Still wondering if I did the right thing! Don't even think I lost any weight yet...Its funny ....you think you'll loose 20 lbs right away...Like the weight will just melt off..... You can email me at catrn48183@yahoo.com if you want to talk...Hope to hear from someone...I am extremely bored.....I need support.

Hold the phone! I'm from Michigan!! Where are you getting banded? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat. Welcome to LBT! :)

HI, My name is Cathy ....I am from suburb of Detroit....I had my band on Feb 13th, 2007...Still wondering if I did the right thing! Don't even think I lost any weight yet...Its funny ....you think you'll loose 20 lbs right away...Like the weight will just melt off..... You can email me at catrn48183@yahoo.com if you want to talk...Hope to hear from someone...I am extremely bored.....I need support.

Wendy here, I am patient of Dr. Deol's and I could not be happier. Dr. Deol, and Rebecca just rock. Simple, fun, very caring, and skilled. Rebecca can be a bulldog for ya when it comes to your insurance. They have a simple form letter w/four statements your PCP has to check off on then you should be all set to go w/BCBS. I have BCBS and it was a breeze w/the letter.

Are you saying you had a re- band....please tell me about that...What happened......email@ catrn48183@yahoo. com

Wendy, that is good to know about Rebecca. When I talked to BC/Bs today just to find out what their criteria was, the girl was pretty helpful and I left feeling somewhat better. But it is good to know that about Rebecca. Hopefully, she will be able to help me out. I am going next Tuesday to the first seminar, then my appt with Dr. Deol is March 13th. As absurd as it may sound, I just wonder if I should try to gain a few more pounds to make myself that much closer.

Thanks James! Most of the loss is from my pre-op diet. I jsut want to take things slow. I don't care if I only lose a pound a week. After a year that would make me 52 pounds less than I am right now. My band is going to help me eat less but as long as I am getting all my protien in I will not be worrying about dieting. If I can only eat a quarter of a can of tuna fish you can bet I will be putting real mayo on it becasue I want to enjoy that quarter can.

As bad as it sounds if it were between not getting the surgery and getting it if I gained some wieght, I would gain the wieght.

I agree with you, a pound a week is more that I am loosing now! I would welcome that success! I am seeing my pcp on Friday and hope that he supports my decision to have this done. If not, I will still persue this. I am excited to start this adventure.

hello everyone I am in the process of trying to get banded. I am from the Bay City Saginaw area I have seen Dr. Obeid and went through all the steps and my insurance (Blue Care Network)denied me saying my documented weight loss was not recent enough. It has to be within the last 2 years I am going to appeal it has anyone else gone through this process?

slabenne: yeagh! i went through this, and I had to have 12 months "no missing" weigh ins to make bcbs happy. Thean they pd. for the whole thing. The people at Henry Fords explained that if tou don't follow that criteria, you don't stand a chance, cause they will not touch you. So I am

afraid this part you have to do. I don't no how many months you need to

go,,, but,,, it's worth it."EXAMPLE" While you go this month for testing at a different dr. ask for the print out of your visit. This should have your weight, and b.p on it, keep these in a folder. If you go to see your surgeon and he ways you in! that counts, just make sure it is in a different month. This way they all add up. I think I saw my Health Dr. about 6 times. The rest was blood work, shrink, internal medicine,and so forth. I made sure I was weighed at every visit, and got a print out. When my date came, I was ready to go, and all my testing was done, and I gave the file to the head nurse who copied it all. That was it! When it gets broke down the way I did it for you, you don't have to see your pc to often. the hole idea behind this is to discourage you from getting it done. I'm sure it worked on a lot of people. Please don't let them win!!!! Good Luck! Shirley..:clap2:

Hi I am from Lowell, Mi. work at Macy's in kentwood! I was banded 10/17/07 and have lost 42lbs. But could have been more if I would have had a fill sooner than I did. I just started with the fills in Jan 24th. I think.

Mary

I will not be able to get my first fill until April 12. I already made the appt but I am really scared about it. I am really excited about the nice weather we are finally getting here in Michigan. It makes me really want to get out and go for a nice long walk.

I will not be able to get my first fill until April 12. I already made the appt but I am really scared about it. I am really excited about the nice weather we are finally getting here in Michigan. It makes me really want to get out and go for a nice long walk.

Don't get too excited, supposed to snow this weekend.... :) SO am I going to have a pitty party. You are all welcome to join me! lol...

I will because I have 2 year old twins and they were really enjoying to outdoors. I can not wait for the nice weather to get here and stay here.