Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got banded Feb 20th..im on day three and now i'm starting to eat creamsoup.. It has been hard so far!!! Any suggestion on Soups and how is everyone else doing?

Good luck to all Feb bandsters! It works you know!!! Your life will be so much better soon. Just think about the good thing coming and not you thinks you are giving up. I have lost 144lbs over the last 2 years. I have reached my goal weight. My life has changed forever thanks to that band! 56" waist to a 36" waist. Get ready to be happy... That's my experience anyway. Todd Hartmann 5' 11" 185lbs 56 years old and feeling 36!

Todd,

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement...very happy for you to have achieved your goals with weight loss!

I am hoping that all of us will experience similar excellent results!

I just got banded Feb 20th..im on day three and now i'm starting to eat creamsoup.. It has been hard so far!!! Any suggestion on Soups and how is everyone else doing?

I was banded on the 20th too, but I don't get to start cream based soups till Monday. :( I am looking forward to it!!! I LOVE Tomato soup!

I'm on post op day three as well. Cream of chicken Soup is pretty good if you blend ip the chicken chunks. Also campbells has a portabello mushroom bisque that is divine. I'm adding unflavored Protein Powder to almost everything. I still have moments of "what have I done to myself?" that I'm going through. Scared but healing. I seem to get tired really fast. I went back to work today. Made it a half a day. Woohoo!!! Onward and upward!!

I was banded on the 20th too, but I don't get to start cream based Soups till Monday. sad.png I am looking forward to it!!! I LOVE Tomato soup!

Okay, so I was banded on the 16th, along with my darling husband - we are quite envious of you all on cream soups!! We are on Clear Liquids only until next Thursday, and then we can start with the cream soups and mushies.

Happymee, try broccoli cheddar Soup or maybe even puree a potato soup? McAlister's has an amazing broccoli cheddar and potato soup that I am counting the days for!!

I'm on post op day three as well. Cream of chicken Soup is pretty good if you blend ip the chicken chunks. Also campbells has a portabello mushroom bisque that is divine. I'm adding unflavored Protein powder to almost everything. I still have moments of "what have I done to myself?" that I'm going through. Scared but healing. I seem to get tired really fast. I went back to work today. Made it a half a day. Woohoo!!! Onward and upward!!

Wow you went back to work right away.. My doctor gave me two weeks. I still have stomach pain but i know it will get better. I cant wait to see the weit come off!! Good luck

I am nearly 10 days in and it is a world of difference how I feel today. It does get better. I feel great! I am allowed mushies now and that is going well and full for hours after. Hard to eat everything. The cream of potato Soup is good, I didn't mix it just strained out the big bits. Hang in there because in a few days you truly will feel so much better. The first 5-6 days or so were really hard and I had lots of those moments thinking what have i done? None now lol.

Yeah they will ask.....my bp was way to low before the nurse had me take my meds....but it all turned out well....I think the only part that bothers me now is the port sight and where they fixed my hernia.good luck.

...i wish you all the best as well. the 7th is coming around so quickly now. i will keep everyone posted as to how i get on. judych

I am nearly 10 days in and it is a world of difference how I feel today. It does get better. I feel great! I am allowed mushies now and that is going well and full for hours after. Hard to eat everything. The cream of potato Soup is good, I didn't mix it just strained out the big bits. Hang in there because in a few days you truly will feel so much better. The first 5-6 days or so were really hard and I had lots of those moments thinking what have i done? None now lol.

this is such great news and its so encouraging for everyone else. it sounds like doing the hard yards for the first ten days, and then its not so bad is the norm. it will be wonderful for me, i know, to come out the other side of surgery and feel confident for the first time in decades. judych

Okay, so I was banded on the 16th, along with my darling husband - we are quite envious of you all on cream soups!! We are on clear liquids only until next Thursday, and then we can start with the cream Soups and mushies.

Happymee, try broccoli cheddar Soup or maybe even puree a potato soup? McAlister's has an amazing broccoli cheddar and potato soup that I am counting the days for!!

Kathy... How have you felt?? Do you still have stomach pain??? I know it will get better and we will be feeling much better!!!

Kathy... How have you felt?? Do you still have stomach pain??? I know it will get better and we will be feeling much better!!!

I am feeling pretty good. I still have some pain, like having sore muscles, and there still is a pulling feeling sometimes when getting up from a lying position. Today is the first day that I really am wishing for something more... like protien shake or cream Soup. Not till Monday though. What about you? Hows your pain level?

I went to my dr. today for my 2 week post-op checkup. According to their records I have lost 12 lbs.!!! I am thrilled!! One more week of mushy foods and then on to regular food. Yesterday was the first day I experienced any hunger or appetite. I guess this is what they refer to as lapband hell. I am trying very hard to keep my portions very small like I had been doing with no appetite. I go for my first fill in 3 weeks. So far so good. No complaints at all.

Debbie

I am feeling pretty good. I still have some pain, like having sore muscles, and there still is a pulling feeling sometimes when getting up from a lying position. Today is the first day that I really am wishing for something more... like protien shake or cream Soup. Not till Monday though. What about you? Hows your pain level?

It hurts when I get up and when I'm eating, i don't know if it hurts because I'm full or I'm drinking to fast. It feels that my stomach tightens up.. I still can't figure out if I'm full or not. I'm afraid of drinking to much or eating to much...

I went to my dr. today for my 2 week post-op checkup. According to their records I have lost 12 lbs.!!! I am thrilled!! One more week of mushy foods and then on to regular food. Yesterday was the first day I experienced any hunger or appetite. I guess this is what they refer to as lapband hell. I am trying very hard to keep my portions very small like I had been doing with no appetite. I go for my first fill in 3 weeks. So far so good. No complaints at all.

Debbie

Hey Debbie,

Just curious, since I have only been banded for a week, were you able to get in all your Protein recommended for the day on liquids? I am having a very hard time doing so, and I know I really need to as Proteins help burn fat and calories, but I am literally only able to get about 30 of my 40-60 required and it's driving me mad trying to figure out how to fit the rest in.

Grats on your 12 lbs so far!! You are on your way!!

-Amanda

I was not able to get the Protein in while on liquids. There was no way I could take in all of it. Tried my best but it felt like I would explode after only one which took 4 hours to drink. So my max protein for the liquid stage was only about 30g too.