Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was not able to get the Protein in while on liquids. There was no way I could take in all of it. Tried my best but it felt like I would explode after only one which took 4 hours to drink. So my max protein for the liquid stage was only about 30g too.

Oh, good. I was beginning to think that it may have just been me not trying hard enough! LOL. It has only been a week, as I said. I know that a lot of the swelling has gone down, making it a bit easier to determine what I need and don't, but it is still really difficult with the Proteins.< /p>

Thank you for responding, it's encouraging to know when other's feel or have felt what you do!

Hi Amanda, Yes, I was able to get the 60 g. in. I started out the morning making a smoothie using a scoop of Protein Powder, a half portion of Greek yogurt, 1 cup of skim milk, and a banana. It added up to a whopping 36 g. of Protein. Then for lunch I had a cream or blended Soup, then for supper I had a low carb Slimfast. I took me all morning to get the smoothie in, the soup was easier, then the Slimfast went down pretty smoothly too. It did seem like I was drinking something all the time because in between I was drinking flavored water or tea. I was so glad when my doctor let me switch to mushy foods at day 10. Good luck. Hopefully, it will either get easier or before you know it you'll be on mushies.

Debbie

I was not able to get the Protein in while on liquids. There was no way I could take in all of it. Tried my best but it felt like I would explode after only one which took 4 hours to drink. So my max protein for the liquid stage was only about 30g too.

I had to start using Protein Shots to get all of my protein in. I am drinking my shakes as I can on the liquid phase, but I am also drinking the shots. I found them at wal-mart for 1.97 each and they taste pretty good. 26 grams of protein.

I am so jealous of everybody eating mushy foods I was banded on Feb 16 an can not start until Feb 27

I am so jealous of everybody eating mushy foods I was banded on Feb 16 an can not start until Feb 27

I'm right there with you Erica! We were banded the same day, and I have one more week to go before I can even think of a lovely creamy potato Soup. LOL.

We can do it!!!

I had to start using Protein Shots to get all of my Protein in. I am drinking my shakes as I can on the liquid phase, but I am also drinking the shots. I found them at wal-mart for 1.97 each and they taste pretty good. 26 grams of protein.

Yeah, I bought a few for my husband to use. He says they aren't too bad but can come off tasting REALLY sweet at times. Think it would be an issue to add a bit of Water in with them?

I am having a hard time figuring out when to eat and when to drink. I am on my third day but i have been drinking Water all day... Any one have any suggestion?

I had to start using Protein Shots to get all of my Protein in. I am drinking my shakes as I can on the liquid phase, but I am also drinking the shots. I found them at wal-mart for 1.97 each and they taste pretty good. 26 grams of protein.

...this is all very interesting to me. i didnt know that you could get protein shots. what are they in?/ i wonder if i could buy some here, or would i have to buy overseas?/ i might google them and see where i could get them. it sounds easier to get the protein this way when having some difficulties. judych

...this is all very interesting to me. i didnt know that you could get Protein Shots. what are they in?/ i wonder if i could buy some here, or would i have to buy overseas?/ i might google them and see where i could get them. it sounds easier to get the Protein this way when having some difficulties. judych

bummer... they are 3.00 each here and thats not with postage. judych

bummer... they are 3.00 each here and thats not with postage. judych

Where you might not be able to get the Protein Shots reasonably, maybe your local health food or Vitamin shop would have alternatives that are similar and affordable :)

well I am also banded....honestly not in to much pain from gas or insision....but DIZZY !!! I was soposta be in the operating room at 11....2 hrs later the dr cme in said...ok you ready.....and off i went.with my twin sister by my side every step of the way through this juorny...the dr said I made his job alot easyer by doing good on the pre op fast....and he told my myBMI was down to 39 on the table wooo hoooo !!!!

so im off to bed again......Queen Bee congrats to you and all the other Feb banders !!!!

Where you might not be able to get the Protein Shots reasonably, maybe your local health food or Vitamin shop would have alternatives that are similar and affordable smile.png

..it is possible. im going to have to start asking around. i want to have every area covered fairly well when i have my op. if i dont know these things i will worry a lot more. this is why groups like this are so valuable... and i love my computer so much. living in the country can be so isolating. the computer has solved many difficulties for me.

..it is possible.

im going to have to start asking around. i want to have every area covered fairly well when i have my op. if i dont know these things i will worry a lot more. this is why groups like this are so valuable... and i love my computer so much. living in the country can be so isolating. the computer has solved many difficulties for me.

i just want to add here.

..im so thankful that you are all sharing. i know that im probably about 6-8 weeks away from having my op... but, you are helping me even at this stage. im really nervous about it all, i know what a huge step it is.

Being on here means that i can write everything down, which is what im doing.. so thanks to each one of you.Im understanding so much more than i ever did before.... you are helping me even now.

i have my notes and they will be very useful . i will know for sure on the 7th march.

once again, thanks for sharing . i read every post, and its all important to me. judych

Yeah they will ask.....my bp was way to low before the nurse had me take my meds....but it all turned out well....I think the only part that bothers me now is the port sight and where they fixed my hernia.good luck.

... thanks. are you able to do much yet?

I'm jealous of you! I will be banded in the morning, and then it will be an entire two more weeks of Clear Liquids and Protein drinks...

This evening I really lost it with my husband; I was allowed only 2 Protein Drinks today, and by evening I have to admit that I was hungry. I was able to ignore my husband while he had his wonderful salad and chicken dinner, but then instead of taking his plate into the kitchen, he left it sitting a foot from where I was sitting. For over a half hour I could detect the wonderful smells...and I lashed out at him for his total lack of consideration for me and the adjustments I am in the process of making in my life. He told me that he was trying to keep everything "normal"...in other words, I can change, but he will not. This is going to be a very long year...Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations!