Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Before Your Lap Band Green Zone

Hi all just checking i have a 10 cc Band with 6.5 cc in starting weight 213 weight now 182 i do eat less but not in GREEN ZONE YET

my next fill Nov 11,2011 first time my Husband can go with me :

I Do Know: It depends.

There is no magic number in terms of fills or volume of Fluid in the band. It's unique to each adjustable gastric band patient, and it's possible that the appropriate amount of fluid for you can change over time.

You are doing great! Are you sure you're not in the green zone? I am 4.5 cc in a 10 band-I would say I am a bit tight and I haven't needed a fill since the end of August.

I hit my first green zone at 5.5cc which was my third fill but over the next few months, as the weight came off, I started to feel less satisfied and was eating more. Had another fill last week, one more cc and feel that I am back in the green.

Good luck.

Hi all just checking i have a 10 cc Band with 6.5 cc in starting weight 213 weight now 182 i do eat less but not in GREEN ZONE YET

my next fill Nov 11,2011 first time my Husband can go with me :

I Do Know: It depends.

There is no magic number in terms of fills or volume of Fluid in the band. It's unique to each adjustable gastric band patient, and it's possible that the appropriate amount of Fluid for you can change over time.

It is so frustrating to hear people talk about only having 6 cc in a band and having great restriction. I have an 11cc band with 9cc and I can still eat bread. I don't but i could. I am struggling everyday with portion size. I have lost 28 lb in 11 months. It is better then gaining but my tool is not giving me restriction. Am i looking for something that is never going to happen? I got really close to the green zone and was losing well and then I went on a flight and got sick. My band tightened up and I had to see a center of excellence and have 1cc taken out. After i went back to my surgeon for a fill after that they put me back where I was and now i don't feel the restriction anymore. I am feeling helpless.

It is so frustrating to hear people talk about only having 6 cc in a band and having great restriction. I have an 11cc band with 9cc and I can still eat bread. I don't but i could. I am struggling everyday with portion size. I have lost 28 lb in 11 months. It is better then gaining but my tool is not giving me restriction. Am i looking for something that is never going to happen? I got really close to the green zone and was losing well and then I went on a flight and got sick. My band tightened up and I had to see a center of excellence and have 1cc taken out. After i went back to my surgeon for a fill after that they put me back where I was and now i don't feel the restriction anymore. I am feeling helpless.

I have a 10cc band and now at 6.4cc. I have really good restriction most of the time. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the green zone and sometimes I feel like I'm not. I can still eat bread. My doctor says that bread is not off limits to me. I don't eat like I used to but every now and then I may have a pinch of bread or a small piece. I think you are not losing the way you want is because maybe your calororic intake is low. Try eating more. Try not to worry so much about what you are putting in your mouth and focus on the portion. Of course still make smart choices. I't difficult but when when you get into a pattern the weight will come off. I have lost 43 lbs since 6/2011 and really have not done too much exercise. I know everyone is different! Don't feel helpless and dont give up. You're doing great! Keep it up. The weight will come off.

whats a green zone?

My green zone (perfect restriction and slow, steady, easy weight loss) came and went a few times as I lost weight. Each time I lost it I think the band loosens up as we lose actual on-the-stomach fat under the band, I just hit a very long plateau and my weight stayed exactly the same.

Eventually I got a new fill doc closer to home and she fills me while I am sitting upright and drinking a cup of Water, and she has gotten me perfect both times.

Now I have plateaued again and this particular plateau is called maintenance (5 pounds below the normal BMI weight, size 6 jeans)and I am loving it!

The exact fill details are in my signature below.

I've also plateaued I haven't lost anything for over a month!!!! I got another fill today so I'm hoping it will get me out of the rut and get things moving again! It frustrating when you plateau!