Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBSDE

Wondering how many out there have had experience with Blue Cross Blue Shield DE and their approval process. I am a State of Delaware Employee and my journey has begun, have just started the approval process - also interested in anyone that used the States Delawell program as part of or for their 6 month nutrition/weightloss requirement.

I am also a state employee. I had the surgery almost 3 months ago with Dr. Peters. The surgeon's office handled everything for me. I never once called the insurance company. It was an easy approval process. I did the 6 month program as well. It was beneficial, but could be boring at times too! Who is your doctor going to be? The only time I did call the insurance company about the surgery was for them to tell me which surgeons were in-network and CHRIAS seemed to be the only ones.

I am seeing Dr. Barnett with Surgical Associates at Eden Hill in Dover. I have an option to go to Bayhealth- Milford or have it done at the Center in Eden Hill - I have chose Bayhealth - they are 20 mins from me and something I am familiar with and also the center wanted me to pay $1700 up front - the hospital said they would bill me what BCBS didn't pay and I could pay when due or make payments - with Christmas coming, I didn't want to just jump right out there with money right now. You said you are a State employee as well - mind me asking where you work or what you do - I am a Social Worker for the Shipley Center out of Seaford. Also would you mind sharing your surgery experience and how you are doing now? Do you participate or are you familiar with the Delawell program? I said I certainly hope that they accept my participation with them - I am their scheduling contact with they hold classes in our office for goodness sake - Even when I don't attend myself I am in and out addressing one thing or another. Thanks for responding and hope your doing well.

I am also a state employee. I had the surgery almost 3 months ago with Dr. Peters. The surgeon's office handled everything for me. I never once called the insurance company. It was an easy approval process. I did the 6 month program as well. It was beneficial, but could be boring at times too! Who is your doctor going to be? The only time I did call the insurance company about the surgery was for them to tell me which surgeons were in-network and CHRIAS seemed to be the only ones.