Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Do You Feel Restriction Seconds After Your Lap Band Fill Or 1 Week Or 2

Its been 3 months since my surgery, I have had a total of 3 fill's I am now at 8cc's....and feel No restriction what so ever.!!! ..I am always hungry, and I have not lost a pound, however I have noticed that I get stuck with bread or rice I got my 3rd fill last week, but still not felling any diffrence, so I am just wondering If you fell restriction weeks later after your fill.

My 1st fill was at 4cc's....my 2nd fill was at 3cc's and my third fill was 1cc's total now of 8 cc's!

Also could it be that I have a low BMI,(34)

and thats why its taking forever to hit what they say its call the "sweet spot"?

Its been 3 months since my surgery, I have had a total of 3 fill's I am now at 8cc's....and feel No restriction what so ever.!!! ..I am always hungry, and I have not lost a pound, however I have noticed that I get stuck with bread or rice I got my 3rd fill last week, but still not felling any diffrence, so I am just wondering If you fell restriction weeks later after your fill.

My 1st fill was at 4cc's....my 2nd fill was at 3cc's and my third fill was 1cc's total now of 8 cc's!

Also could it be that I have a low BMI,(34)

and thats why its taking forever to hit what they say its call the "sweet spot"?

Good question, but I believe the answer will be the standard "every one is different" Do you know how big your band is? I had my surgery on 8/17 (lower BMI as well 35-36) and I have a 14cc and had my first fill a week ago for 3cc. I feel nothing, maybe a little bit more than I did before, (I get full quicker, but starving again within an hour or 2).

What I would love to know is what does this restriction FEEL like. I've heard "you eat 1/2-1C of food and are full for 3-4 hours". Do you just KNOW when you've erached that spot??

Good luck! Cant wait to see the responses to this.

Hey US Plus, well I did call my dr's office and was told that I have the large band wich I belive hold up to 14cc's, In the begining on my 1st Dr's visit I did mention to my Dr, after he informed me I had the large band, I did ask why? why large if I have a low BMI? his responce was that when he was doing my surgery he felt that the large will be a better option for me, that if he would of put the standard the smaller one It would of been to tight and verry uncomfertable when I eat, ! However I honestly fell with in my heart that that is one of the reasons why I am not loosing weight, It now has been 3 months since my surgery and have not lost a pound I still weight the same amount from my surgery day, I think because the band is to big for me, IDK, that is just how I fell, I know have 8cc's and like I said no restriction what so ever, IDK lets see what happens my next dr's app, will be Tuesday, and since I am still not loosing anything most likely he will give me another fill! I will keep u posted:)

THANKS FOR REPLYING:D

Good question, but I believe the answer will be the standard "every one is different" Do you know how big your band is? I had my surgery on 8/17 (lower BMI as well 35-36) and I have a 14cc and had my first fill a week ago for 3cc. I feel nothing, maybe a little bit more than I did before, (I get full quicker, but starving again within an hour or 2).

What I would love to know is what does this restriction FEEL like. I've heard "you eat 1/2-1C of food and are full for 3-4 hours". Do you just KNOW when you've erached that spot??

These are basic tips, but think they will help:

• Are you tracking your calories? Your doc probably gave you a daily range to shoot for - usually about 1,200. Although the band is a great tool, we only lose weight if we eat fewer calories than we burn.
  • Are you exercising? This goes back to my first tip - we have to burn more calories than we consume.

I know you're probably frustrated, but visit your surgeon and get his/her help figuring out what's going on.

Good luck!

For me, a fill always results in a moderate increase in restriction noticeably immediately, and lasting for about two or three days, then it tapers off and I'll find its only made a teeny tiny difference (I have an older 4cc band and my fills are as small as 0.1cc).

I also had a low BMI and I've needed to be nearly full to feel moderate restriction, but the closer you get to full, the easier it is to get too tight and feel the results of smaller fills.

Because I had the 4cc band back in 2005, I didnt have to wait for months to feel restriction. These bands have been superceded by better design that minimises slippage and erosion but in ever so humble opinion, the older bands had it all over the newer ones when it comes to getting to that sweet spot. I had superb restriciton after every single fill, enough for me to lose easily, the difference each successive fill made was in how long that restriction lasted, not getting closer to a spot where you'd lose. Eventually, I needed only 0.1cc once a year or so just to top up what naturally evaporates.

Howevever, I did need to keep filling throughout my journey to well over 3cc, and I have always been able to eat bread, rice, Pasta and relatively large amounts for a bandster - though a normal person would consider that I am a small eater. My doc reckons it WAS because of my low BMI, I just didnt ever have and dont have the fat round my stomach that heavier people do, and I'm the tall skinny type, dont have large organs either, so it takes more to give me moderate restriction.

However, on a bright note, bands have been shown statistically to work better for lower BMI patients. Probably because this corresponds in general with better eating habits (not good, just not as disordered as what it might take to reach a BMI of 60!) and better mobility/fitness.

mu hubby has a 14cc band. he was up to between 11-12 cc but not losing any weight. We even had his band drained for a month then filled. First was 8.5 cc then yesterday 3 cc more. Now he is up to 11.5 cc. I'm wondering if he should have had the smaller band. He has had this band since nov 2008

Hi there. I always thought I had restriction until I truly had restriction. I got 2cc fill then another 2cc fill. Then a 3cc fill then 1 cc fill to now total 8ccs. @ 4cc I felt restriction, but not the same as 7cc. Then @ 8 cc I learned another level of restriction. I like where I am now. In the beginning I lost due mainly to compliance. I did what I was told,. But now I have true restriction which tells me what I can eat and how much. I don't have to focus a lot on my eating as the band keeps me in check. Plenty of Protein, fruits.....and I'm not hungry for hours.

Just a FYI...I have a 14cc band and I'm at 11.4cc. I'm finally at my sweet spot! It took a long time to get here but it's so worth it!

I have a 14cc band. I have had 3 fills. I have to have another fill tomorrow. I dont want it but the said it would be goood but i am scared cause i barely eat now. I have.lost 28lbs. But i feel restriction the same day as my fill. I am at 7 cc. I can stay like this. I miss eating sometimes.

Then I don't understand why your doctor is insisting on a fill. You can tell him "No" and I think you can easily justify that by telling him what you told us! Good luck!!

I have a 14cc band. I have had 3 fills. I have to have another fill tomorrow. I dont want it but the said it would be goood but i am scared cause i barely eat now. I have.lost 28lbs. But i feel restriction the same day as my fill. I am at 7 cc. I can stay like this. I miss eating sometimes.

I feel restriction for about 3 weeks after a fill. I am frustrated. I have followed the program of Protein first, vegies and very little carbs (if any) I have not lost any weight. I have not been exercising regularly that is the only thing. I am very frustrated.

I feel restriction for about 3 weeks after a fill. I am frustrated. I have followed the program of Protein first, vegies and very little carbs (if any) I have not lost any weight. I have not been exercising regularly that is the only thing. I am very frustrated.

Hey i had a fill on 11/11/11 i start feel restriction on 11/27/11